It is currently April 16th, 2024, 10:13 pm

[Solved] Help with Gmail Measure that changes Regexp!

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
JosephB2000

[Solved] Help with Gmail Measure that changes Regexp!

Post by JosephB2000 »

Many Gmail skins use a .lua file to detect the of e-mails in the users inbox and to display the corresponding number of e-mails.

Well, I want to create a gmail skin without using a .lua file because I feel that it reduces the customisability the skin has (and because I don't know how to use lua :P).

What I want to know is why this isn't working:

Code: Select all

[Variables]
GmailRegExp=(?siU)<title>(.*) -.*<fullcount>(.*)</fullcount>
GmailUsername={A Gmail Username}
GmailPassword={A Gmail Password}

[MeasureGmailSite]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=WebParser
UpdateRate=9000
Url=https://#GmailUsername#:#GmailPassword#@gmail.google.com/gmail/feed/atom
RegExp="#GmailRegExp#"
StringIndex=1
IfMatch=Gmail
IfMatchAction={Actions I want to perform if the URL specified above is working...}
DynamicVariables=1

[MeasureGmailMailCount]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=Plugins\WebParser.dll
Url=[MeasureGmailSite]
StringIndex=2
FinishAction=[!Redraw]
IfCondition=[MeasureGmailMailCount] = 0
IfTrueAction=[!ShowMeter GmailNoMail][!SetVariable GmailRegExp "(?siU)<title>(.*) -.*<fullcount>(.*)</fullcount>"]
IfCondition2=[MeasureGmailMailCount] = 1
IfTrueAction2=[!ShowMeter GmailInterestIcon][!ShowMeter GmailMail1Background][!SetVariable GmailRegExp "(?siU)<title>(.*) -.*<fullcount>(.*)</fullcount>.*<entry><title>(.*)</title>.*message_id=(.*)&"]
IfCondition3=[MeasureGmailMailCount] = 2
IfTrueAction3=[!ShowMeter GmailInterestIcon][!ShowMeter GmailMail1Background][!ShowMeter GmailMail2Background][!SetVariable GmailRegExp "(?siU)<title>(.*) -.*<fullcount>(.*)</fullcount>.*<entry><title>(.*)</title>.*message_id=(.*)&.*<entry><title>(.*)</title>.*message_id=(.*)&"]
IfCondition4=[MeasureGmailMailCount] = 3
IfTrueAction4=[!ShowMeter GmailInterestIcon][!ShowMeter GmailMail1Background][!ShowMeter GmailMail2Background][!ShowMeter GmailMail3Background][!SetVariable GmailRegExp "(?siU)<title>(.*) -.*<fullcount>(.*)</fullcount>.*<entry><title>(.*)</title>.*message_id=(.*)&.*<entry><title>(.*)</title>.*message_id=(.*)&.*<entry><title>(.*)</title>.*message_id=(.*)&"]
IfCondition5=[MeasureGmailMailCount] = 4
IfTrueAction5=[!ShowMeter GmailInterestIcon][!ShowMeter GmailMail1Background][!ShowMeter GmailMail2Background][!ShowMeter GmailMail3Background][!ShowMeter GmailMail4Background][!SetVariable GmailRegExp "(?siU)<title>(.*) -.*<fullcount>(.*)</fullcount>.*<entry><title>(.*)</title>.*message_id=(.*)&.*<entry><title>(.*)</title>.*message_id=(.*)&.*<entry><title>(.*)</title>.*message_id=(.*)&.*<entry><title>(.*)</title>.*message_id=(.*)&"]
IfCondition6=[MeasureGmailMailCount] = 5
IfTrueAction6=[!ShowMeter GmailInterestIcon][!ShowMeter GmailMail1Background][!ShowMeter GmailMail2Background][!ShowMeter GmailMail3Background][!ShowMeter GmailMail4Background][!ShowMeter GmailMail5Background][!SetVariable GmailRegExp "(?siU)<title>(.*) -.*<fullcount>(.*)</fullcount>.*<entry><title>(.*)</title>.*message_id=(.*)&.*<entry><title>(.*)</title>.*message_id=(.*)&.*<entry><title>(.*)</title>.*message_id=(.*)&.*<entry><title>(.*)</title>.*message_id=(.*)&.*<entry><title>(.*)</title>.*message_id=(.*)&"]
IfCondition7=[MeasureGmailMailCount] = 6
IfTrueAction7=[!ShowMeter GmailInterestIcon][!ShowMeter GmailMail1Background][!ShowMeter GmailMail2Background][!ShowMeter GmailMail3Background][!ShowMeter GmailMail4Background][!ShowMeter GmailMail5Background][!ShowMeter GmailMail6Background][!SetVariable GmailRegExp "(?siU)<title>(.*) -.*<fullcount>(.*)</fullcount>.*<entry><title>(.*)</title>.*message_id=(.*)&.*<entry><title>(.*)</title>.*message_id=(.*)&.*<entry><title>(.*)</title>.*message_id=(.*)&.*<entry><title>(.*)</title>.*message_id=(.*)&.*<entry><title>(.*)</title>.*message_id=(.*)&.*<entry><title>(.*)</title>.*message_id=(.*)&"]
IfCondition8=[MeasureGmailMailCount] = 7
IfTrueAction8=[!ShowMeter GmailInterestIcon][!ShowMeter GmailMail1Background][!ShowMeter GmailMail2Background][!ShowMeter GmailMail3Background][!ShowMeter GmailMail4Background][!ShowMeter GmailMail5Background][!ShowMeter GmailMail6Background][!ShowMeter GmailMail7Background][!SetVariable GmailRegExp "(?siU)<title>(.*) -.*<fullcount>(.*)</fullcount>.*<entry><title>(.*)</title>.*message_id=(.*)&.*<entry><title>(.*)</title>.*message_id=(.*)&.*<entry><title>(.*)</title>.*message_id=(.*)&.*<entry><title>(.*)</title>.*message_id=(.*)&.*<entry><title>(.*)</title>.*message_id=(.*)&.*<entry><title>(.*)</title>.*message_id=(.*)&.*<entry><title>(.*)</title>.*message_id=(.*)&"]
IfCondition9=[MeasureGmailMailCount] >= 8
IfTrueAction9=[!ShowMeter GmailInterestIcon][!ShowMeter GmailMail1Background][!ShowMeter GmailMail2Background][!ShowMeter GmailMail3Background][!ShowMeter GmailMail4Background][!ShowMeter GmailMail5Background][!ShowMeter GmailMail6Background][!ShowMeter GmailMail7Background][!ShowMeter GmailMail8Background][!SetVariable GmailRegExp "(?siU)<title>(.*) -.*<fullcount>(.*)</fullcount>.*<entry><title>(.*)</title>.*message_id=(.*)&.*<entry><title>(.*)</title>.*message_id=(.*)&.*<entry><title>(.*)</title>.*message_id=(.*)&.*<entry><title>(.*)</title>.*message_id=(.*)&.*<entry><title>(.*)</title>.*message_id=(.*)&.*<entry><title>(.*)</title>.*message_id=(.*)&.*<entry><title>(.*)</title>.*message_id=(.*)&.*<entry><title>(.*)</title>.*message_id=(.*)&"]
I get the feeling it has something to do with the !SetVariable bang not working. The problem is I can't use !WriteKeyValues because that would require a !Refresh, which would create a refresh loop...

If someone can either help with what I am currently working on, or give me a link that teaches how I can implement lua in a Gmail skin, I would gladly appreciate it :)
Last edited by JosephB2000 on October 1st, 2014, 6:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[Insert Joke Here]
DeathByChocolate

Re: Help with Gmail Measure that changes Regexp!

Post by DeathByChocolate »

i actually want to kno how to do this, im intrested.

if someone kno how to help Joseph, reply!!! :D

maybe the prob is u hav 2 chek if the variables are all the same?

and soz for the riting :\
JosephB2000

Post by JosephB2000 »

No, that isn't the problem DeathByChocolate. I still don't know what the problem is though :\

Maybe it's just the way Rainmeter works or how [MeasureGmailMailCount] is demanding to much from Rainmeter...

And don't worry about your writing, I can read it just fine :)
[Insert Joke Here]
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

You need to add DynamicVariables=1 to the [MeasureGmailMailCount] measure...

Then you will get error messages about extra operations on your IfCondition= statements...

You do not want to use bracketed [measurenames] in IfCondition= statements. Just the measurename will return the numeric value; while bracketed [somemeasurename] returns the STRING value (use brackets in IfMatch= comparisons).

Here is your code (it works without errors)... I do not have all of you code to see if it does what you want...

I added some text meters and a #Get# variable to test & simplify the look of the code.

[Rainmeter]
Update=1000
DynamicWindowSize=1

[Variables]
GmailRegExp=(?siU)<title>(.*) -.*<fullcount>(.*)</fullcount>
GmailUsername={UserName}
GmailPassword={Password}
Get=.*<entry><title>(.*)</title>.*message_id=(.*)&

[MeasureGmailSite]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=WebParser
UpdateRate=9000
RegExp="#GmailRegExp#"
StringIndex=1
IfMatch=Gmail
IfMatchAction={Actions I want to perform if the URL specified above is working...}
DynamicVariables=1

[MeasureGmailMailCount]
Measure=Plugin
Url=[MeasureGmailSite]
StringIndex=2
FinishAction=[!Redraw]
IfCondition=MeasureGmailMailCount = 0
IfTrueAction=[!ShowMeter GmailNoMail][!SetVariable GmailRegExp "(?siU)<title>(.*) -.*<fullcount>(.*)</fullcount>"]
IfCondition2=MeasureGmailMailCount = 1
IfTrueAction2=[!ShowMeter GmailInterestIcon][!ShowMeter GmailMail1Background][!SetVariable GmailRegExp "(?siU)<title>(.*) -.*<fullcount>(.*)</fullcount>#Get#"]
IfCondition3=MeasureGmailMailCount = 2
IfTrueAction3=[!ShowMeter GmailInterestIcon][!ShowMeter GmailMail1Background][!ShowMeter GmailMail2Background][!SetVariable GmailRegExp "(?siU)<title>(.*) -.*<fullcount>(.*)</fullcount>#Get##Get#"]
IfCondition4=MeasureGmailMailCount = 3
IfTrueAction4=[!ShowMeter GmailInterestIcon][!ShowMeter GmailMail1Background][!ShowMeter GmailMail2Background][!ShowMeter GmailMail3Background][!SetVariable GmailRegExp "(?siU)<title>(.*) -.*<fullcount>(.*)</fullcount>#Get##Get##Get#"]
IfCondition5=MeasureGmailMailCount = 4
IfTrueAction5=[!ShowMeter GmailInterestIcon][!ShowMeter GmailMail1Background][!ShowMeter GmailMail2Background][!ShowMeter GmailMail3Background][!ShowMeter GmailMail4Background][!SetVariable GmailRegExp "(?siU)<title>(.*) -.*<fullcount>(.*)</fullcount>#Get##Get##Get##Get#"]
IfCondition6=MeasureGmailMailCount = 5
IfTrueAction6=[!ShowMeter GmailInterestIcon][!ShowMeter GmailMail1Background][!ShowMeter GmailMail2Background][!ShowMeter GmailMail3Background][!ShowMeter GmailMail4Background][!ShowMeter GmailMail5Background][!SetVariable GmailRegExp "(?siU)<title>(.*) -.*<fullcount>(.*)</fullcount>#Get##Get##Get##Get##Get#"]
IfCondition7=MeasureGmailMailCount = 6
IfTrueAction7=[!ShowMeter GmailInterestIcon][!ShowMeter GmailMail1Background][!ShowMeter GmailMail2Background][!ShowMeter GmailMail3Background][!ShowMeter GmailMail4Background][!ShowMeter GmailMail5Background][!ShowMeter GmailMail6Background][!SetVariable GmailRegExp "(?siU)<title>(.*) -.*<fullcount>(.*)</fullcount>#Get##Get##Get##Get##Get##Get#"]
IfCondition8=MeasureGmailMailCount = 7
IfTrueAction8=[!ShowMeter GmailInterestIcon][!ShowMeter GmailMail1Background][!ShowMeter GmailMail2Background][!ShowMeter GmailMail3Background][!ShowMeter GmailMail4Background][!ShowMeter GmailMail5Background][!ShowMeter GmailMail6Background][!ShowMeter GmailMail7Background][!SetVariable GmailRegExp "(?siU)<title>(.*) -.*<fullcount>(.*)</fullcount>#Get##Get##Get##Get##Get##Get##Get#"]
IfCondition9=MeasureGmailMailCount >= 8
IfTrueAction9=[!ShowMeter GmailInterestIcon][!ShowMeter GmailMail1Background][!ShowMeter GmailMail2Background][!ShowMeter GmailMail3Background][!ShowMeter GmailMail4Background][!ShowMeter GmailMail5Background][!ShowMeter GmailMail6Background][!ShowMeter GmailMail7Background][!ShowMeter GmailMail8Background][!SetVariable GmailRegExp "(?siU)<title>(.*) -.*<fullcount>(.*)</fullcount>#Get##Get##Get##Get##Get##Get##Get##Get#"]
DynamicVariables=1

[GmailMailCount]
Meter=String
MeasureName=MeasureGmailMailCount
Text=FullCount: %1
SolidColor=0,0,0,1

[GmailNoMail]
Meter=String
X=r
Y=R
Text=None
Hidden=1
SolidColor=0,0,0,1

[GmailMail1Background]
Meter=String
X=r
Y=R
Text=1
Hidden=1
SolidColor=0,0,0,1

[GmailMail2Background]
Meter=String
X=r
Y=R
Text=2
Hidden=1
SolidColor=0,0,0,1

[GmailMail3Background]
Meter=String
X=r
Y=R
Text=3
Hidden=1
SolidColor=0,0,0,1

[GmailMail4Background]
Meter=String
X=r
Y=R
Text=4
Hidden=1
SolidColor=0,0,0,1

[GmailMail5Background]
Meter=String
X=r
Y=R
Text=5
Hidden=1
SolidColor=0,0,0,1

[GmailMail6Background]
Meter=String
X=r
Y=R
Text=6
Hidden=1
SolidColor=0,0,0,1

[GmailMail7Background]
Meter=String
X=r
Y=R
Text=7
Hidden=1
SolidColor=0,0,0,1

[GmailMail8Background]
Meter=String
X=r
Y=R
Text=8
Hidden=1
SolidColor=0,0,0,1

[GmailInterestIcon]
Meter=String
X=r
Y=R
Text=ICON
Hidden=1
SolidColor=0,0,0,1
JosephB2000

Post by JosephB2000 »

Thanks! You really saved me, the backgrounds work perfectly...

The only problem I have now is when I am using a child measure that captures one of the titles or the links of the mail, it doesn't capture any information because the substrings it is looking for is not there at the time the skin is loaded.

What I need is a !Bang that refreshes those child measures only, and not the parent measure. If the parent measure is refreshed, a refresh loop may be made.

Here are the child measures:

[MeasureGmailMail1Title]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=WebParser
URL=[MeasureGmailSite]
StringIndex=3
DecodeCharacterReference=1

[MeasureGmailMail1Link]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=WebParser
URL=[MeasureGmailSite]
StringIndex=4

[MeasureGmailMail2Title]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=WebParser
URL=[MeasureGmailSite]
StringIndex=5

[MeasureGmailMail2Link]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=WebParser
URL=[MeasureGmailSite]
StringIndex=6

[MeasureGmailMail3Title]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=WebParser
URL=[MeasureGmailSite]
StringIndex=7

[MeasureGmailMail3Link]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=WebParser
URL=[MeasureGmailSite]
StringIndex=8

[MeasureGmailMail4Title]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=WebParser
URL=[MeasureGmailSite]
StringIndex=9

[MeasureGmailMail4Link]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=WebParser
URL=[MeasureGmailSite]
StringIndex=10

[MeasureGmailMail5Title]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=WebParser
URL=[MeasureGmailSite]
StringIndex=11

[MeasureGmailMail5Link]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=WebParser
URL=[MeasureGmailSite]
StringIndex=12

[MeasureGmailMail6Title]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=WebParser
URL=[MeasureGmailSite]
StringIndex=13

[MeasureGmailMail6Link]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=WebParser
URL=[MeasureGmailSite]
StringIndex=14

[MeasureGmailMail7Title]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=WebParser
URL=[MeasureGmailSite]
StringIndex=15

[MeasureGmailMail7Link]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=WebParser
URL=[MeasureGmailSite]
StringIndex=16

[MeasureGmailMail8Title]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=WebParser
URL=[MeasureGmailSite]
StringIndex=17

[MeasureGmailMail8Link]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=WebParser
URL=[MeasureGmailSite]
StringIndex=18
[Insert Joke Here]
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

JosephB2000 wrote:Thanks! You really saved me, the backgrounds work perfectly...

The only problem I have now is when I am using a child measure that captures one of the titles or the links of the mail, it doesn't capture any information because the substrings it is looking for is not there at the time the skin is loaded.

What I need is a !Bang that refreshes those child measures only, and not the parent measure. If the parent measure is refreshed, a refresh loop may be made.
That is not possible... the child measures only update when the main measure they get their indexes from is updated.

If I have time, I will look at what you are trying to do and see if there is another way...
If you would explain exactly what you want to achieve, perhaps there is solution...
JosephB2000

Post by JosephB2000 »

I FIGURED IT OUT!!!

Whilst I was writing about the problem, I was doodling around with my skin's code, and fixed my problem!!! Yay!!!

The problem was that the child measures which were looking for the substring of the e-mails titles could not find the substring because it didn't exist at the time it was refreshed.

My measure were set up like this:

[MeasureGmailSite]
{Contained the Url and the "Regexp" variable}

[MeasureGmailMailCount]
{Contained the IfConditions and all that}

[MeasureGmailTitle\Link1-8]
{THESE (as in more than one measure) contained the titles and the links of all eight e-mails
As you may see, [MeasureGmailMailCount] set the variable "Regexp" to whatever it was told to set it to and then updated [MeasureGmailSite] AFTER the Child measures were refreshed.

All I had to do was add a new measure after [MeasureGmailMailCount] like this:

[Variables]
Get=.*<entry><title>(.*)</title>.*message_id=(.*)&

[MeasureGmailSiteCount]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=WebParser
UpdateRate=9000
RegExp=(?siU)<title>(.*) -.*<fullcount>(.*)</fullcount>

[MeasureGmailMailCount]
Measure=Plugin
Url=[MeasureGmailSiteCount]
StringIndex=2
FinishAction=[!Redraw]
IfCondition=MeasureGmailMailCount = 0
IfCondition2=MeasureGmailMailCount = 1
IfTrueAction2=[!ShowMeter GmailInterestIcon][!ShowMeter GmailMail1Background][!SetVariable GmailRegExp "(?siU)<title>(.*) -.*<fullcount>(.*)</fullcount>#Get#"]
IfCondition3=MeasureGmailMailCount = 2
IfTrueAction3=[!ShowMeter GmailInterestIcon][!ShowMeter GmailMail1Background][!ShowMeter GmailMail2Background][!SetVariable GmailRegExp "(?siU)<title>(.*) -.*<fullcount>(.*)</fullcount>#Get##Get#"]
IfCondition4=MeasureGmailMailCount = 3
IfTrueAction4=[!ShowMeter GmailInterestIcon][!ShowMeter GmailMail1Background][!ShowMeter GmailMail2Background][!ShowMeter GmailMail3Background][!SetVariable GmailRegExp "(?siU)<title>(.*) -.*<fullcount>(.*)</fullcount>#Get##Get##Get#"]
IfCondition5=MeasureGmailMailCount = 4
IfTrueAction5=[!ShowMeter GmailInterestIcon][!ShowMeter GmailMail1Background][!ShowMeter GmailMail2Background][!ShowMeter GmailMail3Background][!ShowMeter GmailMail4Background][!SetVariable GmailRegExp "(?siU)<title>(.*) -.*<fullcount>(.*)</fullcount>#Get##Get##Get##Get#"]
IfCondition6=MeasureGmailMailCount = 5
IfTrueAction6=[!ShowMeter GmailInterestIcon][!ShowMeter GmailMail1Background][!ShowMeter GmailMail2Background][!ShowMeter GmailMail3Background][!ShowMeter GmailMail4Background][!ShowMeter GmailMail5Background][!SetVariable GmailRegExp "(?siU)<title>(.*) -.*<fullcount>(.*)</fullcount>#Get##Get##Get##Get##Get#"]
IfCondition7=MeasureGmailMailCount = 6
IfTrueAction7=[!ShowMeter GmailInterestIcon][!ShowMeter GmailMail1Background][!ShowMeter GmailMail2Background][!ShowMeter GmailMail3Background][!ShowMeter GmailMail4Background][!ShowMeter GmailMail5Background][!ShowMeter GmailMail6Background][!SetVariable GmailRegExp "(?siU)<title>(.*) -.*<fullcount>(.*)</fullcount>#Get##Get##Get##Get##Get##Get#"]
IfCondition8=MeasureGmailMailCount = 7
IfTrueAction8=[!ShowMeter GmailInterestIcon][!ShowMeter GmailMail1Background][!ShowMeter GmailMail2Background][!ShowMeter GmailMail3Background][!ShowMeter GmailMail4Background][!ShowMeter GmailMail5Background][!ShowMeter GmailMail6Background][!ShowMeter GmailMail7Background][!SetVariable GmailRegExp "(?siU)<title>(.*) -.*<fullcount>(.*)</fullcount>#Get##Get##Get##Get##Get##Get##Get#"]
IfCondition9=MeasureGmailMailCount > 7
IfTrueAction9=[!ShowMeter GmailInterestIcon][!ShowMeter GmailMail1Background][!ShowMeter GmailMail2Background][!ShowMeter GmailMail3Background][!ShowMeter GmailMail4Background][!ShowMeter GmailMail5Background][!ShowMeter GmailMail6Background][!ShowMeter GmailMail7Background][!ShowMeter GmailMail8Background][!SetVariable GmailRegExp "(?siU)<title>(.*) -.*<fullcount>(.*)</fullcount>#Get##Get##Get##Get##Get##Get##Get##Get#"]
DynamicVariables=1

[MeasureGmailSite]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=WebParser
UpdateRate=9000
RegExp="#GmailRegExp#"
StringIndex=1
IfMatch=Gmail
IfMatchAction={Actions I want to perform if the site above is working}
DynamicVariables=1

{And then here all the child measures that get the titles and links!}
What happens here is the [MeasureGmailMailCount] updates the Regexp BEFORE the child measures are refreshed.

I hope you understand, and sorry for wasting your time!

Thank for helping me eclectic-tech :) I.O.U
[Insert Joke Here]
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

Glad to help, and to hear you got it working the way you wanted!