It is currently April 25th, 2024, 6:18 am

Image Skin Hiding

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
randomhusky

Image Skin Hiding

Post by randomhusky »

Hello, so I am somewhat new to Rainmeter and coding in general but I'm trying to write a launcher skin and I'm hung up on something. I have a skin that is just two images, and I want this skin to start off transparent/hidden until another skin is 'clicked.' The code for the image skin is below. I've tried setting the skin's AlphaValue and adding a StartHidden (command?), but neither of these actually make the skin images transparent or hidden.

The only way that works to make the images invisible for me right now is setting the ImageTint for both images to '255,255,255,0' but the ImageTint value can't be controlled by the LeftMouseDownAction=!ShowFade action I have in the 'clickable' skin I mentioned above. I know that's a lot and kind of all over the place, but any help is appreciated.

Code: Select all

[Rainmeter]
Update=1000
StartHidden=1
; AlphaValue=0
; FadeDuration=1

[HexImage]
Meter=Image
ImageName=#@#Images\LauncherHex1.png
; SolidColor=0,0,0,1
; ImageTint=255,255,255,0
W=40
H=44.8

[ChromeIcon]
Meter=Image
ImageName=#@#Images\ChromeIcon.png
; SolidColor=0,0,0,1
; ImageTint=255,255,255,0
X=7.5
Y=9
W=25
H=25
LeftMouseDownAction=["C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe"]
FreeRaider

Re: Image Skin Hiding

Post by FreeRaider »

Hello, if I have understood correctly, you want two separated skins: one for the image and another one for the starting the second skin.

You can write a code like this:
Loadskin.ini:

Code: Select all

[Rainmeter]
Update=1000
AccurateText=1
DynamicWindowSize=1

[HexImage]
Meter=String
X=0
Y=0
SolidColor=150,15,158,255
Text="Click here for load a skin"
LeftMouseUpAction=[!ToggleConfig "Test" "Code.ini"]
Remember to change LeftMouseUpAction=[!ToggleConfig "Test" "Code.ini"].
Read Skin Bang page for many informations about skin bangs
randomhusky

Post by randomhusky »

Thanks for the response FreeRaider, this kind of works but it's not exactly what I'm looking for. The option you suggested had the skins unloaded until the left mouse action, but I have some skins where I'm able to have them loaded, but their transparency is controlled by a !ShowFade and !HideFade in another skin. I would like to apply this to the skin I posted above, but when I set the skin's transparency to 0 or add a StartHidden, nothing happens, the skin loads completely visible/opaque. The only difference between these two skins are that one only has text (the skin where !ShowFade works) and one only has images (the one that doesn't work).

Thanks again for the help, I'm just curious as to why the transparency settings aren't working on my image skin.
FreeRaider

Post by FreeRaider »

randomhusky wrote:but their transparency is controlled by a !ShowFade and !HideFade in another skin
Can you post your skin?