It is currently May 19th, 2024, 4:10 pm

Network IP adapter

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
DaveHouser

Network IP adapter

Post by DaveHouser »

Hello everyone,

I am trying to configure (or create) an app to show all of my network adapter INTERNAL IP addresses, subnet mask, default gateway. I also would like this adapter to display the EXTERNAL address for each one of these adapters. (I have a VPN adapter, a Network adapter for tethering, an LAN port adapter, and a wireless card)

I am guessing this is a very complicated process and I still am confused on how rain meter works on getting this information. From what skins i have installed it seems that the variables point to a .dll file. are these files premade? here is an example (pulled from BlueVision V0.2 Network info small.ini)

[MeasureLAN]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=Plugins\SysInfo.dll
SysInfoType=IP_ADDRESS
SysInfoData=0
UpdateDivider=#Update#

What is sysinfo.dll? where can i edit it? is there a way to pull this information from the registry? how do i point to it (do i need to create my own .dll?)

As you can tell I am a beginner at this, but if you could point me in the right direction it would help alot.

Thanks.

Dave
DioVikingoMetal

Re: Network IP adapter

Post by DioVikingoMetal »

Hello! :welcome:
Try this code to show your internal and external IP

Code: Select all

[mIntIP]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=Plugins\SysInfo.dll
SysInfoType=IP_ADDRESS
SysInfoData=0

[tIntIP]
Meter=STRING
X=0
Y=13r
FontColor=#fontColor.Text#
FontSize=#FontHeight#
FontFace=#FontName#
Antialias=1
Text="IP Interno"

[vIntIP]
Meter=STRING
MeasureName=mIntIP
X=180
Y=0r
FontSize=#FontHeight#
FontFace=#FontName#
StringAlign=Right
AntiAlias=1
Text="%1"

[mEstIP]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=WebParser.dll
Url=http://checkip.dyndns.org
UpdateRate=14400
RegExp="(?siU)Address: (.*)</body>"
StringIndex=1
Substitute="":"N/A"

[tEstIP]
Meter=STRING
X=0
Y=13r
FontSize=#FontHeight#
FontFace=#FontName#
AntiAlias=1
Text="IP Esterno"

[vEstIP]
Meter=STRING
MeasureName=mEstIP
X=180
Y=0r
FontSize=#FontHeight#
FontFace=#FontName#
StringAlign=Right
AntiAlias=1
Text="%1"

jsmorley
Developer

Re: Network IP adapter

Post by jsmorley »

SysInfo.dll is a built-in plugin for Rainmeter. You can't "edit" it as such, unless you are a C++ coder and want to download the source from http://rainmeter.net/cms/Source and compile your own. You just use it with the values / settings in http://rainmeter.net/cms/Plugins-SysInfo.

SysInfoData= identifies the adapter you want to measure. You can get those number by running Perfmon.exe in Windows and under "Network Interface" you will see a list of your adapters. "0" is "All" and then they are numbered starting with 1 after that. So you can get each adapter's internal IP (assuming they have one, which I seriously doubt unless you actually have separate physical NIC ports separately connected to your router) by setting that value in a SysInfo measure.

I don't know how you get (or even have) a different external IP for more than one adapter. Whatever is used when you go out to the web to one of those "what is my IP" sites is what you will get. Since you are looking to differentiate between "internal" and "external" or "lan" and "wan", I assume you are on a router. There is really no way any computer can know what external / wan IP address is assigned to the "outbound" side of the router by your ISP. That you get by going out to the web to one of those "what is my IP" sites like I mentioned above, and then use WebParser to parse the IP address you are on.