It is currently March 28th, 2024, 12:10 pm

disabling taskbar with openstartmenu.exe

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
skinxsn112

disabling taskbar with openstartmenu.exe

Post by skinxsn112 »

Im trying to add a button to disable the taskbar so it doesn't interfere with a start button placed where the windows start button is.

Code: Select all

[MeterStart]
Meter=BUTTON
X=7
Y=253
AntiAlias=1
ButtonImage="#ROOTCONFIGPATH#Resources\Start Button.png"
ButtonCommand=!Execute ["#ROOTCONFIGPATH#Plugins\openstartmenu.exe" \showtaskbar]

[MeterHideTaskBar]
Meter=IMAGE
X=24
Y=245
AntiAlias=1
ImageName="#ROOTCONFIGPATH#Resources\Arrow.png"
LeftMouseUpAction=!Execute ["#ROOTCONFIGPATH#Plugins\openstartmenu.exe" \hidetaskbar]
For some reason they both open the start menu, and the second one doesn't hide it. At first I thought the buttons might be overlapping, but when I moved the hidetaskbar button away and clicked on it, it still opened the start menu.

What am I doint wrong? Is there a better way to achieve this?
r0k

Re: disabling taskbar with openstartmenu.exe

Post by r0k »

I would try :

LeftMouseUpAction=!Execute ["#ROOTCONFIGPATH#Plugins\openstartmenu.exe \hidetaskbar"]
Note the position of the quotes.
skinxsn112

Post by skinxsn112 »

I tried and it didn't do anything. Won't show start menu or hide taskbar.
Brian
Developer

Post by Brian »

Try LeftMouseUpAction=!Execute ["#ROOTCONFIGPATH#Plugins\openstartmenu.exe" /hidetaskbar]

Note the forward slash instead of the backslash. Seems like most command line switches use the forward slash vs. the backslash.

-Brian
skinxsn112

Post by skinxsn112 »

already tried that too, doesn't make a difference.
skinxsn112

Post by skinxsn112 »

It's been 2 weeks and I still haven't found a solution. Does anyone know how to do this?
Brian
Developer

Post by Brian »

Assuming you are using this version of "openstartmenu.exe", then I would say that your problem is not having that program in the correct path.

Try moving the "openstartmenu.exe" to the same path as your skin file, then try:
LeftMouseUpAction=!Execute ["#CURRENTPATH#openstartmenu.exe" /hidetaskbar].

Using the "/hidetaskbar" switch made my taskbar disappear (but left the start button)
Using the "/showtaskbar" switch made my taskbar appear, and opened the start menu.

-Brian
skinxsn112

Post by skinxsn112 »

It's finally somewhat working.

How do I completely remove the start button so the one on my skin can be seen?
Also, why does it not work when its in any other location?

I had mine in a plugins folder inside the root of the current skin. I'd like to keep all the plugins in the same location.
Brian
Developer

Post by Brian »

skinxsn112 wrote:How do I completely remove the start button so the one on my skin can be seen?
You could use a program like Start Killer. (I have never used it, I just used google to find it)
skinxsn112 wrote:Also, why does it not work when its in any other location?
It will probably work anywhere you put it, you just have to select the correct path.
skinxsn112 wrote:I had mine in a plugins folder inside the root of the current skin. I'd like to keep all the plugins in the same location.
If #ROOTCONFIGPATH# does not work for you, try used that actual path instead, something like:

LeftMouseUpAction=!Execute ["C:\Users\Your Name\My Documents\Rainmeter\Skins\Your Skin\Plugins\openstartment.exe" /hidetaskbar]
-Brian
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

If you want it in a \Plugins folder at the root level of the skins you are working on:

LeftMouseUpAction=!Execute ["#ROOTCONFIGPATH#Plugins\openstartmenu.exe" /hidetaskbar]

That will work assuming you have it in

C:\Users\YourName\My Documents\Skins\MySkins\Plugins, and you are calling it from a skin that is in some other folder in \MySkins like C:\Users\YourName\My Documents\Skins\MySkins\Clock\Clock.ini.

P.S. Just a suggestion, but "plugins" has a specific meaning in Rainmeter, and a whole different folder also called \Plugins that actual plugins are stored in, so I would consider renaming your folder to Utilities or Apps or something else, but that is just a suggestion, Rainmeter won't care a bit, I only worry about confusion going forward.