It is currently May 20th, 2024, 4:58 am

Question about update=

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
UnforgivenRevival

Question about update=

Post by UnforgivenRevival »

Is there a way to make a certain measure update faster than the given update=?

Say if I have one large .ini file, is there a way to make one measure/meter update at 1/4th the speed of the update=1000, without changing it all over to update=250 and using update divider on some 50+ measures? Is there a updatedivider=.1 or some other equivalent equation that will work? Im trying to get a volume percentage on one large ini file change faster than once a second, so when you click on it, Itl change almost instantaneously, instead of at such a slow rate.
Kaelri
Developer

Re: Question about update=

Post by Kaelri »

No, there is no way to make an individual meter or measure update faster than the skin. UpdateDivider just tells the section to "skip" a certain number of updates.

However, if you're trying to make a mouse action respond more quickly, try adding [!Update] to the list of actions. This will make the skin update immediately as a one-time action, regardless of how much time is left in the cycle.
UnforgivenRevival

Oh wow that works. I was afraid it might update the whole skin, messing with other measures and plugins and stuff, but it only updates the volume. Thanks for the tip.

Edit: it does mess with the other measures, Causing them to update also. would be nice if i could get only the volume measure to be effected.
UnforgivenRevival

I managed to figure it out with updatemeasuregroup and updatemeter and redraw, But that seems like alot for one thing. Maybe a future suggestion? Adding a updatereducer or some equation like that?
Kaelri
Developer

Post by Kaelri »

Well, the downside there would be that those meters and measures would keep updating at an enormous rate all the time, when you only need them to be so responsive for the one instant that you click them. A more targeted command might take a little longer to write, but it's a better choice as far as performance is concerned.

There may still be a better approach in your case, but I can't say without seeing your skin.
UnforgivenRevival

Code: Select all

[Rainmeter]

Update=1000

[Variables]

[MeasureVolume]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=Win7AudioPlugin.dll
Group=VOL

[MeasureVolumePercent]
Measure=CALC
Formula=MeasureVolume
Substitute="-1":"Mtd"
minvalue=0
maxvalue=100
Group=VOL

[Volume]
Meter=Image
ImageName=#@#Icons\Sound.png
X=1120
y=0
w=19
h=19
LeftMouseUpAction=[PLAY #@#Openclick.wav][!PluginBang "MeasureVolume ChangeVolume +#VolIncrement#"][!UpdateMeasureGroup VOL][!UpdateMeter MeterVolumeA][!Redraw]
RightMouseUpAction=[PLAY #@#Closeclick.wav][!PluginBang "MeasureVolume ChangeVolume -#VolIncrement#"][!UpdateMeasureGroup VOL][!UpdateMeter MeterVolumeA][!Redraw]
ToolTipText=Left click = Raise volume#CRLF#Right click = Lower volume

[MeterVolumeA]
Meter=String
MeasureName=MeasureVolumePercent
Fontcolor=#Fontcolor#
Fontface=#FontFace#
FontSize=8
Text="%1"
AntiAlias=1
StringAlign=Left
X=18r
Y=8r
Hidden=0

This is what I am using now, It works this way, I Just felt it was extra code to write but I see your point. It is easier on the system this way, So its not updating constantly at a high rate.