View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently August 28th, 2014, 1:01 am

Reply to topic  [ 144 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 15  Next
 RainBrowser Support 

Developer

Post RainBrowser Support
October 11th, 2009, 12:59 am
The version in the first post is an update to the one in the new Rainmeter 1.1 beta build from this morning. It addresses and fixes an issue with duplicate tree structures in your \Skins folders found by JamesAC.

Thanks for the help James...

Developer

Post Re: RainBrowser Support Thread
October 11th, 2009, 4:20 pm
No problem.

Glad it works now, it really is quite useful :)

Profile WWW

Developer

October 11th, 2009, 5:09 pm
JamesAC wrote:
No problem.

Glad it works now, it really is quite useful :)

Thanks. More to come... Working now on letting you control Position/Transparency/Draggable and all that stuff. Should have all that by the release of 1.1 of Rainmeter.

Then:

* Add "Search" capabilities by Config/Suite, (like "Enigma" etc.) Author, and Metadata Tags (like "Weather" or "RSS" etc.)

Future:

* Move "RainThemes" functionality into this tool, eliminating RainThemes as a separate program
* Enable preview images of skins using image provided by skin author
* Enable creation of preview images by the end user in the tool with a screen capture by region

Developer

October 11th, 2009, 5:58 pm
jsmorley wrote:
More to come... Working now on letting you control Position/Transparency/Draggable and all that stuff. Should have all that by the release of 1.1 of Rainmeter.

Then:

* Add "Search" capabilities by Config/Suite, (like "Enigma" etc.) Author, and Metadata Tags (like "Weather" or "RSS" etc.)

Future:

* Move "RainThemes" functionality into this tool, eliminating RainThemes as a separate program
* Enable preview images of skins using image provided by skin author
* Enable creation of preview images by the end user in the tool with a screen capture by region

Wow. Looks like this could become an even more useful tool.

Some sort of search would definately be a bonus.

Profile WWW

October 11th, 2009, 6:14 pm
you are incredible xD

things you touch always become very good, so i am looking forward to have that piece in the 1.1 release :geek:

Profile WWW

Administrator

October 11th, 2009, 11:38 pm

Profile WWW

October 12th, 2009, 3:31 am
Since downloading the 2nd last version, I'm having problems when trying to open skins.

1) I get this error message when trying to open Rainmeter...
Your configuration file doesn't contain any meters! Your skin's ini-file might be out of date. Some skins open, some don't.

2) When I right-click Rainmeter icon on the taskbar, hover over the skins in the Config file, all of them now have a Desktop.ini file that wasn't there before.

3) I had been using Rainmeter version 223, so I downloaded the version 256 hoping that would fit things but I still getting the same error message.

4) I downloaded your latest version of RainBrowser just now, but still have all the same problems.

5) My Rainmeter.ini file is very short, I seem to remember it being extremely long, I could be wrong.

I was going to attach the RainEnv.txt file but I'm not sure how to do it properly.

Profile WWW

Developer

October 12th, 2009, 4:46 am
karmat wrote:
Since downloading the 2nd last version, I'm having problems when trying to open skins.

1) I get this error message when trying to open Rainmeter...
Your configuration file doesn't contain any meters! Your skin's ini-file might be out of date. Some skins open, some don't.

2) When I right-click Rainmeter icon on the taskbar, hover over the skins in the Config file, all of them now have a Desktop.ini file that wasn't there before.

3) I had been using Rainmeter version 223, so I downloaded the version 256 hoping that would fit things but I still getting the same error message.

4) I downloaded your latest version of RainBrowser just now, but still have all the same problems.

5) My Rainmeter.ini file is very short, I seem to remember it being extremely long, I could be wrong.

I was going to attach the RainEnv.txt file but I'm not sure how to do it properly.

Not sure how you got to this state. Desktop.ini is a file Windows XP creates in any folder that you "customize", like changing the "view" or "size of icons" and such. Nothing that RainBrowser or Rainmeter does should cause these files to be created. Perhaps when you were "browsing" folders you set some folder option as mentioned above.

Normally these are "hidden / system" files that Rainmeter will not see or react to. You apparently have somehow turned off "Do not show hidden files" and / or “Hide protected operating system files (recommended)”

1. In any Windows Explorer window, click Tools → Folder Options…
2. Click on the View tab.
3. Check off the radio button next to “Do not show hidden files and folders”.
4. Put a check in the box next to “Hide protected operating system files (recommended)”.
5. Click OK.

Unfortunately if you had those hidden / system files made "visible" when you ran Rainmeter, it may well have added "Metadata" sections to them. I hadn't considered this eventuality as I have been running Vista and now Win7 for a long time and even when I had XP I always left “Hide protected operating system files" turned on. Windows won't care, but we need to get this mess cleaned up for you so Rainmeter isn't confused.

Give me a few minutes to knock something together to make this easy for you and I will post a file for you to download and run.

BRB... ;-)

Developer

October 12th, 2009, 5:10 am
karmat,

Get this file:

Attachment:
CleanDesktopIni.zip [302.15 KiB]
Downloaded 1413 times

What it will do is delete all copies of "Desktop.ini" from all your folders and subfolders under your Rainmeter\Skins folder. This should get you cleaned up so Rainmeter isn't all confused with these non-Rainmeter .ini files in \Skins.

Put the .exe file in the .zip in the same folder with RainBrowser.exe and run it.

Then, get the latest version of RainBrowser from the first post

I have fixed RainBrowser to ignore all Desktop.ini files it may find, as these are pretty much a reserved name in XP, and Vista / Win7 users will just have to live without a skin called "Desktop.ini" in RainBrowser for now...

Let me know if these actions straighten things out for you.

October 12th, 2009, 5:45 am
You are amazing! The CleanDesktopIni got rid of 892 instances, they are all gone! I hid my files as you suggested. I downloaded the new Rainbrowser file. But trying to load one skin that worked previous to all this, I get an error message...

Autolt Error
Line -1:
Error: Array variable has incorrect number of subscripts or subscript dimension range exceeded.

Do you know what that means?

Thanks so much, I was getting so frustrated trying to figure it out.

Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 144 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 15  Next