It is currently May 2nd, 2024, 8:49 pm

does rainmeter use the same cpu when configs are hidden?

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
Pechorin

does rainmeter use the same cpu when configs are hidden?

Post by Pechorin »

hi! i am starting to make a rainmeter skin and i have a doubt, does rainmeter use the same cpu when all configs are hidden? i mean, does it check every second the measures even if all configs are hidden?

my idea is to have a simple skin with some buttons to show the cpu, ram, hard disks... to safe some cpu use and don't have to close and open rainmeter, does it work that way?

sorry for my bad english, i hope at least you could understand what am i asking :)

thank you!
kenz0
Developer

Re: does rainmeter use the same cpu when configs are hidden?

Post by kenz0 »

Yes. Basically, a skin works normally in the background even if it's hidden.
Pechorin

Post by Pechorin »

oh, too bad :(

then the best way would be to open and close that specific config with one button, if it is possible, i have to research it. it would be much slower, but it seems the only option to use cpu only when needed and not all the time

thanks so much for the quick answer :)
JpsCrazy

Post by JpsCrazy »

You could make a skin which when clicked could disable measures which would bring down CPU usage (Of course, just running Rainmeter without any skins active would bring up CPU just a bit, but most of it is from measures.)
It'd be very tedious, and a lot of work. But it may be worth it for you.
You could use !RainmeterToggleMeasure [Measure] (Config), but the problem is I believe you'd have to type each measure name individually... luckily you can use * to select all configs. You could also use !RainmeterToggle (Config) to hide each skin, again using * to do all. (At least I think so.)
Just click again, and it reverses it.

Example:

Code: Select all

[Rainmeter]
Update=1000

[meterImage]
Meter=Image
SolidColor=FFFFFFAA
W=10
H=10
LeftMouseUpAction=!Execute [!RainmeterToggle *][!RainmeterToggleMeasure Measure1 *][!RainmeterToggleMeasure Measure2 *][!RainmeterToggleMeasure Measure3 *][!RainmeterToggleMeasure Measure4 *][!RainmeterToggleMeasure Measure5 *][!RainmeterToggleMeasure Measure6 *][!RainmeterToggleMeasure Measure7 *][!RainmeterToggleMeasure Measure8 *][!RainmeterToggleMeasure Measure9 *][!RainmeterToggleMeasure Measure10 *][!RainmeterShowMeter meterImage]
;etc... || !RainmeterShowMeter meterImage makes sure that this skin is still visible after every other skin is hidden.
Alex2539
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Alex2539 »

Pechorin wrote:oh, too bad :(

then the best way would be to open and close that specific config with one button, if it is possible, i have to research it. it would be much slower, but it seems the only option to use cpu only when needed and not all the time

thanks so much for the quick answer :)
Try !RainmeterToggleConfig. My attaching this to an action, whatever skin you choose will alternate between activated and deactivated at every click. Unlike hiding and showing, this actually opens and closes the skin. Closed skins do not use any CPU. Here's an example of the code used to toggle Enigma's network skin:

Code: Select all

!RainmeterToggleConfig Enigma\Sidebar\Network Network.ini
The bang need both the name of the config, which is the path within the skins folder, then the name of the .ini file to open.
ImageImageImageImage
Pechorin

Post by Pechorin »

thank you both for your advices, i think i will try both and analyze which one is better for my purpose
JpsCrazy

Post by JpsCrazy »

I'll have to admit, Alex's is probably better in any case unless you just want to disable a few meaures of a config instead of all, but it sounds like you'd rather do all.
Pechorin

Post by Pechorin »

JpsCrazy yes, i guess i will take the Alex2539 way, there are too many things (for me, at least, i got confused quite easily) in that way i can control the things i am doing easier.