It is currently March 29th, 2024, 7:00 am

Saving Theme Layout

Get help with installing and using Rainmeter.
re4med

Saving Theme Layout

Post by re4med »

I am brand new to this so please bare with me:

1. I installed the program and selected Gnometer as my theme
2. I configured everything the way I wanted (layout, apps, etc)

Now, do I need to SAVE this layout or will it automatically return when Windows restarts? If I do need to save it please tell me how. I tried to "autosave" and it reverted back to the default install appearance (all my work lost).

I love this program. Very nicely done.

W. Hill
jsmorley
Developer

Re: Saving Theme Layout

Post by jsmorley »

re4med wrote:I am brand new to this so please bare with me:

1. I installed the program and selected Gnometer as my theme
2. I configured everything the way I wanted (layout, apps, etc)

Now, do I need to SAVE this layout or will it automatically return when Windows restarts? If I do need to save it please tell me how. I tried to "autosave" and it reverted back to the default install appearance (all my work lost).

I love this program. Very nicely done.

W. Hill
Rainmeter will remember and restore the layout (which skins you have loaded, where they are, any other skin specific settings) when you restart. If it does not, then you have a problem with Rainmeter being able to write to

Windows XP: C:\Documents and Settings\YourName\Application Data\Rainmeter\Rainmeter.ini
Windows Vista & Win7: C:\Users\YourName\Appdata\Roaming\Rainmeter\Rainmeter.ini

You can also save your setup by using the RainThemes application that is in your Windows Start Menu under "Rainmeter". That way you can always get back to a particular setup if you mess something up. Don't save your setup as "AutoSave" however, as that name is used by RainThemes to keep a copy of your existing setup when you create a new one, and will be overwritten. Give it a different name like "My Setup" or something.
re4med

Post by re4med »

Yes, thank you. After I posted this I read the "101" manual (I should have done that first). I was about to post that I did, in fact, figure this out.

I appreciate your quick and specific reply. It works very well.

W. Hill
Ashifkillz

Post by Ashifkillz »

I like rainmeter, but I want to change the theme now and then, and when I return back to an old theme it doesn't come back to what I put it as :/ Can someone tell me how to save a theme layout for later use?
Brian
Developer

Post by Brian »

Ashifkillz wrote:I like rainmeter, but I want to change the theme now and then, and when I return back to an old theme it doesn't come back to what I put it as :/ Can someone tell me how to save a theme layout for later use?
To save a layout, click on the Rainmeter tray icon (in the notification area). Click on the "Layouts" tab (or "Themes", if using an older version of Rainmeter). Then type a name for your layout (and select any options you want, like "Exclude unloaded skins", etc.). Then click "Save".

-Brian