It is currently March 29th, 2024, 1:14 am

Completely transparent until mouse over

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
kcdude

Completely transparent until mouse over

Post by kcdude »

Hey,

Recently I've been trying to get certain items (Notes, RSS feeders, ect) to become transparent until I mouse over them. They are text only. The fade-in works, but I would like to make them completely transparent until I mouse over them. I have browsed around the forums (I've had my rainmeter a couple of months), and have been unable to find a definite answer.I have tried a few of these strings, variables, and execute! commands, but none of it has worked for me (Although I admit, I only tried to use what other people have already established; I'm not familiar enough to do my own thing).

I am using the simple sentence (v2.1 or whatever) skin.

Thanks
Chewtoy

Re: Completely transparent until mouse over

Post by Chewtoy »

Set the colour of the desired meter to be transparent to 0,0,0,1
If you set it to 0,0,0,0 it won't work. But with alpha=1 it will. You won't notice the difference, but rainmeter will.

Anyway. With that set, you a !Bang like MouseOver=!Execute [!RainmeterSetVariable TransparentColour 255,255,255,255][!RainmeterRedraw]
And you would probably want a MouseLeave with that, which is the same thing but with the transparent colour.
I don't think, therefore I'm not.
kcdude

Post by kcdude »

Thanks for your help, I'll try it out and let you know if I can make it work.

Edit:
Under Variables, my code looks like this:

Code: Select all

[Variables]
Font=Light From Behind
Colour=0,0,0,1
MouseOver=!Execute [!RainmeterSetVariable TransparentColour 255,255,255,255][!RainmeterRedraw]
MouseLeave=!Execute [!RainmeterSetVariable Colour 0,0,01][!RainmeterRedraw]
It is (Sadly) not working for me. Am I doing this wrong, or is it simply impossible? Haha
Chewtoy

Post by Chewtoy »

You can't apply that to the whole skin like that.

First of all, you are defining MouseOver and MouseLeave as variables, so they can be used in the skin like #MouseOver# or #MouseLeave#.

Bangs work on meters. So you have to place the bang on every meter you have, or make a background and have the bang there.

A little reading up never hurts: http://rainmeter.net/cms/Rainmeter101-EditingSkins
I don't think, therefore I'm not.
kcdude

Post by kcdude »

Thanks for helping me so far, and that link was perfect. I was looking for something like that but skipped over it when I went through the 101 and all that, so it was all just really confusing until I read that haha.

So I figured out how to make it disappear on MouseOver. I used a simplier command than you though (As that one did not work for me for some reason, maybe because I left out the Action in the MouseOver), and it works as intended. Originally, I set it with the !RainmeterHideMeter[With the various meters here] and that worked too, but here's the current code:

Code: Select all

MouseOverAction=!Execute [!RainmeterSetTransparency 0]
For some reason, this works for the entire skin without placing it in multiple meters. I assume this is how it is supposed to work, though. Hopefully it isn't getting in the way of the following problem.

My problem is that I can make it disappear on MouseOver, however when I create a MouseLeaveAction it simply... doesn't work?
I've tried setting it as an opposite of the MouseOver (!Execute [!RainmeterSetTransparency 255]), using the same variation you gave me (Just using the MouseLeave as you suggested) and that doesn't work. I also set it with a !Redraw and !Refresh as well, and setting them all the meters. Any clue what I am doing wrong with this part of the code?