It is currently March 28th, 2024, 5:33 pm

matching position of configs.

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
FireTime

matching position of configs.

Post by FireTime »

I've been searching through the forums and the documentation and I cannot find out how to on refresh get a configs coordinates from another config and move to them.

The reason for this is because I have two separate configs. This is because config A has an update rate of 5 seconds (to keep CPU usage down, so alpha fading is not an option) and I'm using bangs to make it appear then quickly fade out. So I don't need the configs to be constantly in alignment. I only need to make the check after a refresh.

Thanks for any info.
Chewtoy

Re: matching position of configs.

Post by Chewtoy »

Only way, today, to know where a config is is to look in rainmeter.ini
It is located in %appdata%\Rainmeter\Rainmeter.ini
In it you will see WindowX and WindowY. These are the coordinates for the skin. If you want to use this somehow, I suggest you use webparser to read the file and get the values that way. Don't even think there is any other way.
jsmorley did however do a skin called RainMap that has a plugin that moves with the skin. Not too sure how this is done. But there you have it.
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

Chewtoy wrote:Only way, today, to know where a config is is to look in rainmeter.ini
It is located in %appdata%\Rainmeter\Rainmeter.ini
In it you will see WindowX and WindowY. These are the coordinates for the skin. If you want to use this somehow, I suggest you use webparser to read the file and get the values that way. Don't even think there is any other way.
jsmorley did however do a skin called RainMap that has a plugin that moves with the skin. Not too sure how this is done. But there you have it.
http://rainmeter.net/cms/Plugins-WindowMessages_beta
FireTime

Post by FireTime »

Duh, I knew that the coordinates were in the ini. I just keep forgetting that the webparser can read flat files on the system. Time to bust out the regex :ugeek:

So I can get the x and y using the webparser and ideally I could set them using !RainmeterWriteKeyValue but seeing as that is still a 1.3 command I can just lock the second config to the top left corner and move down the individual image meter in the second config.

As for the API approach (some cool stuff you did with that RainMap), I may just have to crack open some of my old C books and get back up to speed. It’s been 7 years now since I've programed in C and even then I was drifting more towards the web languages (love developing PHP applications :D )

Thanks a million for the replies!