It is currently March 28th, 2024, 10:14 am

Skins not appearing properly

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
grady123

Skins not appearing properly

Post by grady123 »

I'm new to Rainmeter and so far I love it. I have created some cool desktops, but I'm having trouble with some of the skins I've downloaded. They appear like the attached image instead of looking how they are supposed to. Am I doing something wrong? I can't seem to figure it out. I apologize in advance for wasting your time if it is something obvious. :P Thanks!

Edit-
Sorry, I guess I didn't include enough info. This is just an example but many others I have downloaded look like this. I have also included a picture of the skins from that particular theme the way they should look. And shouldn't I just be able to download a skin and it will work? Here is the .ini text:

[Rainmeter]
Author=Flying Hyrax | flyinghyrax.deviantart.com
Update=1000
AppVersion=2001000

[Metadata]
Name=Elementary Date (alternate)
Version=1.4.3
License=Creative Commons Attribution-Non-Commercial-Share Alike 3.0
Information=Gives the Day of the week, Month, and Date | - Date before month

[Variables]
@include=#ROOTCONFIGPATH#Settings.txt
@include2=#ROOTCONFIGPATH#Translations.txt

[msrDay]
Measure=Time
Format=%A,
Substitute="Monday":"#Monday#","Tuesday":"#Tuesday#","Wednesday":"#Wednesday#","Thursday":"#Thursday#","Friday":"#Friday#","Saturday":"#Saturday#","Sunday":"#Sunday#"

[msrMonth]
Measure=Time
Format="%B"
Substitute="January":"#January#","February":"#February#","March":"#March#","April":"#April#","May":"#May#","June":"#June#","July":"#July#","August":"#August#","September":"#September#","October":"#October#","November":"#November#","December":"#December#"

[msrDate]
Measure=Time
Format="%#d"

[msrDateSfx]
Measure=Time
Format="%d"
Substitute="01":"st","02":"nd","03":"rd","04":"th","05":"th","06":"th","07":"th","08":"th","09":"th","10":"th","11":"th","12":"th","13":"th","14":"th","15":"th","16":"th","17":"th","18":"th","19":"th","20":"th","21":"st","22":"nd","23":"th","24":"th","25":"th","26":"th","27":"th","28":"th","29":"th","30":"th","31":"st"

[sText1]
FontColor=#color#
FontFace=#font#
StringStyle=#style#
SolidColor=0,0,0,1
AntiAlias=1

[mtrWeekday]
Meter=STRING
MeasureName=msrDay
MeterStyle=sText1
X=150
Y=0
FontSize=((45*#phi#)*#phi#)
StringAlign=RIGHT
Text="%1"

[mtrDate]
Meter=STRING
MeasureName=msrDate
MeterStyle=sText1
X=-5r
Y=-8r
FontSize=45
StringAlign=LEFT
Text="%1"

[mtrMonth]
Meter=STRING
MeasureName=msrMonth
MeterStyle=sText1
X=-10R
Y=23r
FontSize=(45*#phi#)
StringAlign=LEFT
Text="%1"
Attachments
Rainmeter thing.jpg
Last edited by grady123 on May 4th, 2012, 11:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dragonmage
Developer

Re: Skins not appearing properly

Post by dragonmage »

Since you haven't included the contents of the skin's ini file, I'd have to guess that particular skin has Variables for the day and month names to allow you to set it up for your preferred language. Right click the skin, Edit Skin, fill in the variables.
jsmorley
Developer

Re: Skins not appearing properly

Post by jsmorley »

Or it is calling an @Include file that contains the definition of some variables, and the .inc file is missing.