It is currently March 29th, 2024, 12:41 pm

No Skins / Odd Skins

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
SolarLune

No Skins / Odd Skins

Post by SolarLune »

Hey. So, I was going to use Rainmeter, as it looks very interesting, particularly as it looks like many, many different widgets can be made, and the community is very active. However, on installing Rainmeter, I found that the themes and skins wouldn't work for me. I only have a few, but most themes don't work at all, while Enigma works partially (the black background that is supposed to be on the side bars isn't working).

If it matters, I am also running the SharpEnviro shell replacer. Maybe that's interfering with the skin? Anyway, here's a shot of my setup:

P.S. The transparency on the side panels is set to the maximum, and still no background colors.
jsmorley
Developer

Re: No Skins / Odd Skins

Post by jsmorley »

I have no doubt that Rainmeter, which is designed to work with the Windows desktop, will not work correctly with a desktop replacement like SharpEnviro.
Kaelri
Developer

Post by Kaelri »

All I can suggest is to set the sidebar/taskbar skins to "Bottom" rather than "On Desktop." (Since you can't see them, you can change skins' settings from the Rainmeter tray icon.)

Beyond that, I have absolutely no idea how Rainmeter and SharpEnviro would get along.
SolarLune

Post by SolarLune »

That's weird. I've read on several sites that SharpEnviro and Rainmeter work well together. Maybe this was when they both were less mature or something, because I know that there have been desktops of them working well together.

EDIT: Tried setting the position of the skins to 'Bottom', but that didn't help. Maybe they can't work well together... I'm not sure, but I don't think it worked in Explorer, either. Of course, I wasn't paying a huge amount of attention then.
Last edited by SolarLune on August 13th, 2011, 7:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

SolarLune wrote:That's weird. I've read on several sites that SharpEnviro and Rainmeter work well together. Maybe this was when they both were less mature or something, because I know that there have been desktops of them working well together.
Well, Kaelri may well be right that as long as you stay away from "On Desktop" as a setting for any skins, it might work ok. We certainly can't promise though.
SolarLune

Post by SolarLune »

I just came back to say that it was indeed SharpEnviro. Odd, but I'm glad that I got Rainmeter to work (can't use SharpEnviro all of the time). Thanks!