It is currently March 29th, 2024, 3:00 pm

Is it possible (Hide/Show) or (Activate/Deactivate) or (IfBelow/IfAbove) .inc or .ini file using [Variables]@includes ?

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
strawberryshortcake

Is it possible (Hide/Show) or (Activate/Deactivate) or (IfBelow/IfAbove) .inc or .ini file using [Variables]@includes ?

Post by strawberryshortcake »

Is it possible to [show/hide] or [activateconfig/deactivateconfig] or [IfBelow/IfAbove] a skin that is connected to the main.ini skin by using @Includes= ?????

Resources:
"Alternating Rotator"
https://forum.rainmeter.net/viewtopic.php?t=20212

"ActiveDock"
https://www.deviantart.com/jsmorley/art/ActiveDock-277230170

The reason I'm asking is because I want to "link" an animation on mouseclick, mouseoveraction, or more pertinent IfAbove/IfBelow (program on/off, active/inactive; word, excel, etc) but more importantly have this particular animation play at a certain location relative to my main skin (ActiveDock.ini renamed to Bubbleslauncher.ini ,, I'm doing an underwater bubbles theme.) They both need to be draggable simultaneously when I drag on the main skin.

Note: I'm doing this for button meters.

Yes, I've already tried DragGroups but could not get it to work. Yes, I also know that you can hold down Ctrl+Alt to drag multiple skins, but that method is the very, very, very last resort, and honestly I would probably do something else with the skin and avoid the Ctrl+Alt method at all cost.
https://docs.rainmeter.net/manual-beta/arranging-skins/#Multiple

I can do it if the .ini skin is in it's own complete seperate folder, but with this method, I can't designate their position and have it indirectly also drag when I drag the main skin around. Using the @includes
method
I can actually drag my main bubbleslauncher.ini skin around and the animation.inc file will actually move as well. I simply don't know how to get it to show/hide, activate/deactiveconfig or Ifbelow/ifabove. Again, the Teeter.inc file drags with the main.ini skin but unfortunately, I can't get the Teeter.inc file disappear/reappear on some type of user controlled action (hide/show) (ifbelow/ifabove) (activateconfig/deactivateconfig)

The example below shows the "clock.ini" file working because it's in its separate folder, but then the clock.ini is independently draggable which is not what I want; i want the clock and main.ini file to be draggable together with relative positions. The teeter.inc file doesn't work to hide/show. The teeter.inc file is always visible. I even tried hidden=1 in the teeter.inc file (but this simply always hides it).
==========================================================================

Code: Select all

[Rainmeter]
Update=1000

[Variables]
@include2=#CURRENTPATH#TeeterNEXT.inc
@include2=#@#TeeterNEXT.inc
@Include=#CURRENTPATH#Settings.inc

;; yes, I've included two "@include2" just to show the different file path that I tested. I don't actually have both at the same time, I pick one and go with it. 

[MeasurePID1]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=Process.dll
ProcessName=#Proc1#
UpdateDivider=2
IfBelowValue=1
IfBelowAction=[!HideMeter [b]MeterUnder1[/b]][!HideMeter MeterFront1][!DeactivateConfig "A-Classic-Clock" "Classic-Black.ini"][!DeactivateConfig "#@#[b]TeeterNEXT.inc[/b]"]
IfAboveValue=0
IfAboveAction=[!ShowMeter [b]MeterUnder1[/b]][!ShowMeter MeterFront1][!ActivateConfig "A-Classic-Clock" "Classic-Black.ini"][!ActivateConfig "#@#[b]TeeterNEXT.inc[/b]"]
==========================================================================

EDIT #1 Now, I can embed the animating rotating code directly into the main skin and that will work with the code directly above [MeasurePID1] but this method take away the "snappinest" of the animations.

Code: Select all

[MeterGlow1]
[MeasureTime]
Measure=Calc
Formula=MeasureTime1 * 10
[MeasureTime1]
Measure=Time
AverageSize=10
[[b]MeterUnder1[/b]]
MeasureName=MeasureTime
Meter=ROTATOR
X=28
Y=4
W=24
H=24
ImageName=x12y12(210x256)(243x224).png
StartAngle=6.2832
RotationAngle=6.2832
ValueReminder=50
OffsetX=12
OffsetY=12
ImageTint=#GlowTint#
hidden=1
Last edited by balala on November 21st, 2018, 7:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Please use [code] tags when posting code snippets. It's the </> button.
SparkShredder

Re: Is it possible (Hide/Show) or (Activate/Deactivate) or (IfBelow/IfAbove) .inc or .ini file using [Variables]@include

Post by SparkShredder »

Far I know,if you use , @Include=*File*
'*File* is not considered a separate skin. It is simply treated like a variable.
and You can't use !Activate/Deactivate with "inc" files. They are not skins. [In your first code post]

If you want to load/unload your skin depended on values of a measure.

You can create an empty skin in another folder, which will contain only meaures and, control !Acticate/Deactiavte of another "ini" skins.
You most likely be known to the fact, only one skin in a folder can be activated at a times, they are considered variants of one skin.

or, you can use !Writekeyvalue and !Refresh to set @include2=#none# and refresh skin to "Deactivate" TeeterNext.inc