It is currently March 28th, 2024, 7:29 pm

The Instal Folder Pop-Up

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
19Iguy

The Instal Folder Pop-Up

Post by 19Iguy »

Hey there! I wanted to know some things, maybe they are just problems that I can't fix because I am dum :???:

Well I have my good and nice Rainmeter (I am new) I have the 'Enigma' skin, and there are several skins/applications that won't work properly (or I just don't know how to use them). Example:

The Music skin/app, it appears as a note, I assume that when I click it, it will ask me a list of songs to load, but instead, when I click on the Note icon, it just opens the folder where I installed Rainmeter (C:/program files/rainmeter

Why does it open that folder? I wanted to hear music :yawn: but it opens the install folder. The same with the Gmail app/skin, it only shows 'Loading...' and when I click it, it opens the same folder. What can I do to put there my Gmail e-mail and use it?

Cheers - Me

P.S. I hope this message fits the topic. If not so, I ask sorry :)
Kaelri
Developer

Re: The Instal Folder Pop-Up

Post by Kaelri »

These are two separate problems, actually. The fact that the same folder opens in both skins is a coincidence. :)

The Music skin does not play music by itself. It just allows you to control a separate media player program from Rainmeter. Load Enigma\Options.ini and click the "Music" tab to choose a media player to use with Rainmeter. A good number of players are supported now.

The Gmail skin can also be configured from Options. Go to the "Feeds" tab and click to enter your Gmail username and password.