It is currently April 19th, 2024, 11:43 pm

Hello, I am Sméag.

Introduce yourself to the Rainmeter community!
Sméag

Hello, I am Sméag.

Post by Sméag »

I've recently started to use the Rainmeter Software, and I fell in love with it. Just the things that it can do. There's almost no limit to it. However. I have a problem. I am currently looking for good ways and instructions on how I can learn the programming when it comes to this. There are some things I'd like to be able to do myself. So I'm asking, if anybody read this and actually could give me support to find what I need to get into all the functions and variables and such. I'd very much appreciate it.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Hello, I am Sméag.

Post by balala »

The Help will definitely help you. And if you have a precise question, you can post to the forum (most cases in Help: Rainmeter Skins thread).
Anyway, welcome. Here's a great community, which definitely is able and will help you.
Sméag

Post by Sméag »

Ah yes, I'll be sure to do that. But to be Specific. Excluding the tutorial on the main page of rainmeter. Are there more 'Tutorials' and or ways to get more in depth with programming.
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

The documentation on the main site is your best bet. There are around 750 distinct options, commands, bangs and built-in variables in Rainmeter, and literally thousands and thousands of ways to combine those to create skins that look and do exactly as you like.

There is no way any single tutorial, or any series of tutorials, can even begin to scratch the surface of what you can do with Rainmeter.
Sméag

Post by Sméag »

Sounds perfect. I'll get right into that as soon as I've slept. I'll be sure to make something stunning in the future once I've got the hang of it.