It is currently May 19th, 2024, 7:24 pm

Prevents full screen video

Report bugs with the Rainmeter application and suggest features.
Minjin

Prevents full screen video

Post by Minjin »

I've just started playing around with Rainmeter and I've noticed that while I can play videos on the same monitor (I use Zoom player), when I go to maximize it, the screen goes black. If I then close out Rainmeter, the situation is unchanged. I have to close Rainmeter, close ZP, then restart ZP and maximize. Only then will it work. Any idea what the conflict could be?
sgtevmckay

Re: Prevents full screen video

Post by sgtevmckay »

This is highly interesting.

I use Zoom Player Max and have never had this issue...I wonder if you are using a codec that is GDI+ dependent.

What codec set are you using with Zoom ayer
Chewtoy

Post by Chewtoy »

If you installed CCCP you should also have MPC.
Try using MPC and see if you got the same conflict. They both realy on the same codecs, so it will five an indication if it's the codecs or the player that's the real cause.
I don't think, therefore I'm not.
Minjin

Post by Minjin »

Both Zoom Player and MPC have the same issue. WMP, however, has no problems. And yes, my codecs are mainly those from CCCP.
Chewtoy

Post by Chewtoy »

Then there ought to be a codec that's couseing it.

What type of files are this happening on? Avi? wmp? mpg?
What codec are you using for these files? (In mpc: View -> Options -> Player -> Formats and you should have a list with what file types use what codec)
I don't think, therefore I'm not.
Minjin

Post by Minjin »

I don't think this will be useful information but for the example file I'm looking at (*.avi), it just says DirectShow.
Minjin

Post by Minjin »

No one else has had this problem? This has been a continuing annoyance for me. Every time I want to watch a video I have to shut down rainmeter. When it's over, I have to start it back up. Consequently, it stays down most of the time.
sgtevmckay

Post by sgtevmckay »

Minjin wrote:No one else has had this problem? This has been a continuing annoyance for me. Every time I want to watch a video I have to shut down rainmeter. When it's over, I have to start it back up. Consequently, it stays down most of the time.
Greetings Minjin
I have not had the opportunity to welcome you to Rainmeter forums

Can we get more information from you regarding this issue.

You OS
Hardware (ie. Graphics card, processors and board)
Are you using on-board graphics
Are you single or multi-monitor
Graphics driver and if it is up to date.
Anything you can tells us may help
Minjin

Post by Minjin »

XP Home
2 monitors (I run rainmeter on my non-primary monitor, where I also watch most of my videos)
2.5ghz c2d
x1800xt with newest catalyst 9.11

I don't think it's a hardware issue. I think it's a filter or codec issue but I'm not running anything exotic. As I said before, WMP seems to handle it just fine but MPC and ZP are failing. They must be doing something different. I just opened up a sample file and they all appear to be using ffdshow.

If I'm the only one having the problem, then it's probably just something on my end and I'll have to figure it out on my own.
OpalMonkey

Post by OpalMonkey »

Hi,

I have this same problem. I've been doing a little testing (just with positioning on-screen, seeing as I'm very new to Rainmeter). I think the problem only happens when I have a Rainmeter piece positioned on the secondary display, right against the edge going to the next monitor.

I'll explain that a little better... Primary monitor in the center, secondary to the right. When I have a meter positioned flush with the left side of the secondary monitor, video in GOM Player won't work. VLC and WMP both work though. As soon as I move the meter a little away from the edge, everything is fine. Move it back, video gone! It's fine if it's on the other monitor though.

Here's what I'm running:
Windows XP Home SP2
ASUS Commando Motherboard
2 GB RAM
GeForce GTX 275
Intel Core2 Duo E6700
Drivers not the most recent, because of internet constraints, but not too old.
2 monitors

If there is any way I can help, or other information that is needed, let me know.