It is currently May 31st, 2024, 1:03 pm

Media Player Plugin

Share and get help with Plugins and Addons
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Media Player Plugin

Post by balala »

sl23 wrote: August 12th, 2023, 7:36 pm It's version 1.2 released today, 6 hours ago as stated in the attached pic, on the right.
Are you saying this download is still v1.1?
No, obviously it downloads version 1.2 of the skin. But the included plugin is the same: version 1.0.1.0:
Plugin.png
Plugin2.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
sl23

Post by sl23 »

Strange?! But it isn't crashing Rainmeter now and I found out that ;UpdateDivider=-1 this little bugger was stopping cover art from showing! lol
- MuLab -
sl23

Post by sl23 »

Though I am getting an error and several warnings! :o
Image 002.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
- MuLab -
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

balala wrote: August 12th, 2023, 7:54 pm No, obviously it downloads version 1.2 of the skin. But the included plugin is the same: version 1.0.1.0:
Plugin.png
Plugin2.png
Ah, I see what you mean now. That's just the file version info of the file (basically, a string from the .dll), the .dll contents is different, and as sl23 noticed, with the said bug being fixed. Of course, the file version info should be indeed corrected to 1.2 in order to not have to force Rainmeter to copy it over the older versions and have everything going smooth. Most likely, a minor omission from the plugin developer (not accounting for the errors / warnings sl23 got, obviously).
Profiles: Rainmeter ProfileDeviantArt ProfileSuites: MYiniMeterSkins: Earth
sl23

Post by sl23 »

WORD OF WARNING:
Not sure if this is my setup or not, but I just changed my skins PlayerType=STATE to PlayerType=State as the error was with that button. On refreshing the skin, like magic the error went and the progress meters all appeared, but sadly do not work. Artist and Track info are working, but not Album and Year.

So it seems this plugin is case sensitive unlike Rainmeter.
Last edited by sl23 on August 12th, 2023, 8:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- MuLab -
sl23

Post by sl23 »

I always manually unpack skin packages anyway as I know where everything's being put then! :D
- MuLab -
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

sl23 wrote: August 12th, 2023, 8:01 pm Though I am getting an error and several warnings! :o
Image 002.png
Yep, that's why I said:
Yincognito wrote: August 12th, 2023, 1:32 pmA confirmation from either sl23 or balala using the "bad code" earlier (if they still have it) would be nice to see as well. ;-)
Results from "real world" scenarios (i.e. user skins, in this case) are sometimes different from "lab results" (i.e. the test skin), so to speak. Thus, such confirmations and feedback has value. Probably the skin code when getting these warnings and errors would be helpful for the plugin developer, when and if he asks for them.

EDIT: As expected, Winamp doesn't provide progress info to the API used by the MediaPlayer plugin (probably the same used by WebNowPlaying as well, since I get similar results with it). Anyway, this part is to be expected, and not the plugin's fault in either case:
MediaPlayer Plugin.jpg
Last edited by Yincognito on August 12th, 2023, 8:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sl23

Post by sl23 »

Ah ok, I see, thanks. But all errors and warings have gone since I changed PlayerType=State as I said above.

Well, here's my little Taskbar player showing that Progress isn't working. The track info is available as a tooltip so it doesn't show that here.
Image 003.png
- MuLab -
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

sl23 wrote: August 12th, 2023, 8:27 pm Ah ok, I see, thanks.

Well, here's my little Taskbar player showing that Progress isn't working. The track info is available as a tooltip so it doesn't show that here.
Image 003.png
Yes, see the edit on my previous reply. It's normal, and it happens to me too with Winamp. Not the plugin's fault, it's the same with WebNowPlaying, by the way. And I did install a plugin for Winamp to show up when pressing the media keys on the keyboard.
Last edited by Yincognito on August 12th, 2023, 8:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sl23

Post by sl23 »

Does that mean we're never going to be able to get that info for 64bit players? How does NowPlaying get the info? Is it through the CAD plugin for foobar I suppose? But Winamp doesn't use that does it? Is there no other way?

Makes me think 64bit is inferior to 32bit! :p
- MuLab -