It is currently May 3rd, 2024, 9:57 pm

Google Calendar Setup

Get help with installing and using Rainmeter.
Fessenden

Google Calendar Setup

Post by Fessenden »

Hey all. New to the community, trying to set up my GCal input. Can't figure out what portion of options.ini I am intended to change to retrieve my Google Calendar feed. Same with GMail. It seems there's a section for them, but I can't determine which particular portion of the string needs to be replaced with what, and I've spent an hour googling to try and find an example or some very specific instructions. I promise I'm not a moron, but I'm having great trouble with this for some reason. :(

Here is the section that I've been fiddling with, but I can't seem to find which part to change. I don't see a URL link or anything to that effect.

Code: Select all

Command4=!Execute [!WriteKeyValue Variables GmailUsername "$UserInput$" "#Settings#"][!Refresh *] Y=150 DefaultValue="$GmailUsername$"
Command5=!Execute [!WriteKeyValue Variables GmailPassword "$UserInput$" "#Settings#"][!Refresh *] Y=165 DefaultValue="$Password$" Password=1
I've seen a lot of mention of URL entries, but I don't see anything in the manager about URLs, either. I'm at a bit of a loss. :(
MerlinTheRed
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Google Calendar Setup

Post by MerlinTheRed »

That part of code belongs to some input text fields in which you can enter your username and password. It's not meant to be changed in the source code but rather by typing the information into the skin. Try loading the skin that code snippet comes from and look for a section where you can set up your GMail account.

What skin are you using?
Have more fun creating skins with Sublime Text 2 and the Rainmeter Package!
Fessenden

Post by Fessenden »

I'm using Enigma, and I couldn't find any such section, despite checking most of the options. I'll have another gander in the meantime. :)

EDIT:: Lo and behold, right-clicking Rainmeter, and going to Enigma->Options.ini opens an actual dialogue box all convenient and such, rather than just opening the folder like I expected. Clicking the GCal.ini option did that, so I figured they all did.

Consider the problem, and likely all of my potential ones, solved! I am a moron. :3
Mazey

Post by Mazey »

Can someone please help me find where I type in my username and password for the Google calendar to use? I am a newbie at rainmeter and spend several hours trying to figure it out and cannot find it.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Mazey wrote: April 22nd, 2024, 6:31 am Can someone please help me find where I type in my username and password for the Google calendar to use? I am a newbie at rainmeter and spend several hours trying to figure it out and cannot find it.
Which skin are you using? I know this is an old topic, but meanwhile Google introduced lot of changes on how can a user logon, for instance the two step authentication became mandatory, if I'm not wrong. So, what is the skin you're working with? A link where we can get it would be wonderful.