It is currently May 3rd, 2024, 10:57 pm

Multi Search Bar

Skins that control functions in Windows or Rainmeter
RicardoTM

Multi Search Bar v1.2 Update

Post by RicardoTM »

v1.2 Update
New package in the first post.
More corrections to the size formulas, added Query URL encoding and a drop down list.
Query URL Encoding
Added [Encode] and [Run] measures as well as encodeQuery variable.
When encodeQuery=1 the search bar query will be URL encoded, which means that now it is possible to search for "5+5" or "John & Juan".
When encodeQuery=0 the query will not be encoded. Used on Edge.ini.

Drop Down List and Anchoring Options
To further improve the search bar, I added a drop down list that can store multiple items.
By default the list is only enabled on Edge.ini (Right click > List > Enable | Disable on any engine).
It's color is automatic by default but you can change it if you want.
The list has 10 items, which can be increased by following the instructions in the User.inc file.
It's title can be changed.
You can select the number of items visible at a time and the total items so you can display only items being used. It's also scrollable.
Items are "per Engine", which means that each engine can have their own item elements.
ezgif.com-video-to-gif-converter (5).gif
Renamed "Change Orientation" menu to "Change Anchor". Also changed their option names and added three new options.
Added "List" menu which options are Enable and Disable.
Added all List related variables to the engine.ini files and List related meters to User.inc file.
Added "List" option to the "Change Color" menu.

It can open both upwards and downwards (Right Click > Change Anchor)
ezgif.com-video-to-gif-converter-4-imageonline.co-8189606.gif
Now the default shape is a rounded square instead of a circle.

Added Google Images engine as an example of Google Search Refinement Chips use. Also added useful links to info about that and search operators.

Added missing plugins used on HSLiders (totally forgot about it on the past Update).

Known issues:
Due to containers not being able to be "nested" and my lack of willingness to complicate the animations, when using transparency, list text will be visible behind the list title and the search bar when scrolling. A "fix" is using rainmeter's transparency options instead (Ctrl + Right Click > Settings > Transparency).
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by RicardoTM on April 24th, 2024, 8:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
RicardoTM

Re: Multi Search Bar

Post by RicardoTM »

tass_co wrote: April 18th, 2024, 10:48 pm It is nice :great:
One suggestion; A button can be added to search the data in the clipboard
Alright, try this google engine that adds the clipboard stuff to the list. You gotta install version 1.2 first and then install this patch, the plugin is already included on the 1.2 version:

MultiSearchBar_Clipboard_Google_1.2.rmskin

To add this functionality to another bar simply copy and paste all the plugin measures as well as the itemNTitle and itemN variables inside Google.ini to the other engine files. Or, paste the measures and variables to the User.inc file instead to make them available on all bars, then delete them from all the engine files.

I would personally simply let the first line as the clipboard line and all the others for saving stuff normally. Only have the amount of measures you're gonna use. If you only use 1 line for the clipboard, then you only need [Clip1] measure.

There's another clipboard plugin I want to try but I haven't been able to install it properly, hopefully I can get it to work some day and see if it offers anything better, like actually having access to the Win + V data and the pinned stuff, since it says "[...] will display the current contents of the Windows Clipboard.".
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by RicardoTM on April 24th, 2024, 5:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tass_co

Post by tass_co »

RicardoTM wrote: April 24th, 2024, 3:55 am Alright, try this google engine that adds the clipboard stuff to the list. You gotta install version 1.2 first and then install this patch, the plugin is already included on the 1.2 version:

MultiSearchBar_Clipboard_Google_1.2.rmskin

To add this functionality to another bar simply copy and paste all the plugin measures as well as the itemNTitle and itemN variables inside Google.ini to the other engine files. Or, paste the measures and variables to the User.inc file instead to make them available on all bars, then delete them from all the engine files.

I would personally simply let the first line as the clipboard line and all the others for saving stuff normally.

There's another clipboard plugin I want to try but I haven't been able to install it properly, hopefully I can get it to work some day and see if it offers anything better, like actually having access to the Win + V data and the pinned stuff, since it says "[...] will display the current contents of the Windows Clipboard.".
Thank you. I'm looking forward to your new works :great:
I don't know where i going from here, but i promise it won't be boring... :great:
RicardoTM

Post by RicardoTM »

tass_co wrote: April 24th, 2024, 5:17 am Thank you. I'm looking forward to your new works :great:
Hope it is what you were looking for. I already tested the other plugin and it offers nothing especial, so.. that's pretty much all we can get out of the clipboard for now.