It is currently March 28th, 2024, 7:39 pm

How do I configure slideshow for ABP?

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
ButtScratchas

How do I configure slideshow for ABP?

Post by ButtScratchas »

For those of you who do not know what ABP is, it's located here: [link]
For being my first post on this forum, I'd like to welcome myself to the Rainmeter forums! Hello!
What I need to know: How to configure the slideshow included in the ABP package, I've never edited a rainmeter skin before, let alone a slideshow.
Here's a copy of the config for it, and what I thought I was supposed to do to get it to display my images on the slideshow.
[Rainmeter]
Author=P2C | toastbrotpascal.deviantart.com
Update=1000

@include="#SKINSPATH#\ABP\Variables.txt"
@include2="#SKINSPATH#\ABP\Resources\#Skin#\Colors.txt"

[BG]
Meter=IMAGE
ImageName=SlideshowBG.png
Path="#SKINSPATH#\ABP\Resources\#Skin#"

[MeasurePicture]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=Plugins\QuotePlugin.dll
PathName=#G:\Documents\Pictures\Backgrounds# What I thought I was supposed to do.
FileFilter=*.jpeg; *.jpg
UpdateDivider=30

[Picture]
Meter=IMAGE
MeasureName=MeasurePicture
X=36
Y=37
W=122
H=78
PreserveAspectRatio=1
MouseOverAction=!Execute [!RainmeterShowMeter BG2][!RainmeterShowMeter ShowImage1][!RainmeterShowMeter SetImage1][!RainmeterShowMeter StopMeasure1][!RainmeterRedraw]
MouseLeaveAction=!Execute [!RainmeterHideMeter BG2][!RainmeterHideMeter ShowImage1][!RainmeterHideMeter SetImage1][!RainmeterHideMeter StopMeasure1][!RainmeterRedraw]

[Text]
Meter=STRING
MeterStyle=Style
X=97
Y=146
StringAlign=CENTER
Text=#SlideshowText#
If someone could help me configure this, please do so, or point me in the right direction! I have read the Rainmeter 101, and various other guides, also used the search function, and cannot find anything.

Help is appreciated, thanks in advance! :)
Chewtoy

Re: How do I configure slideshow for ABP?

Post by Chewtoy »

Anything inside ## will be seen as a variable.
So right now you are telling Rainmeter that you have a variable with the name G:\Documents\Pictures\Backgrounds in the [Variables] section that is holding some sort of data. I bet this is not the case.
If you remove the ## form it Rainmeter will see it as a path. If you enclose it in "" rainmeter will read the whole path even if it's a space in it.
But surely there must have bees a variable some where that let you change the path without having to look through the entire skinfile?
I don't think, therefore I'm not.
ButtScratchas

Post by ButtScratchas »

Chewtoy wrote:Anything inside ## will be seen as a variable.
So right now you are telling Rainmeter that you have a variable with the name G:\Documents\Pictures\Backgrounds in the [Variables] section that is holding some sort of data. I bet this is not the case.
If you remove the ## form it Rainmeter will see it as a path. If you enclose it in "" rainmeter will read the whole path even if it's a space in it.
But surely there must have bees a variable some where that let you change the path without having to look through the entire skinfile?
I'm not quite sure what you mean by what you said, but I've replaced the path to be "G:\Documents\Pictures\Backgrounds", sorry if I'm mistaken, I've just never done any kind of programming/scripting/anything of the nature, plus I've been awake for quite some time.
What do you mean by "there must have been a variable somewhere that let you change the path without having to look through the entire skinfile?"

Also, another problem I'm having, I've just recently updated to the latest version of rainmeter, and now Rainmeter completely freezes quite often, and when I restart it, all of the skins loaded become transparent, when they regain the correct opacity, rainmeter freezes again. W7, 64bit.
[edit]How do I go about converting the 24hour clock in the ABP package into a 12hour display?

Thanks for the reply, even though I didn't quite grasp what you were saying.

Regards,
Anthony
Chewtoy

Post by Chewtoy »

What did it say before you placed your path like you did?
If it was #SomeText# then there will be SomeText=Something in the [Variables] section (at the top of the skin or in a @included file). Then you can change the path there instead of having to go in to the skin itself and potentially do some sort of damage.

Have you a lot of applications that start on boot?
I have myself recently 'up'graded from windows XP 32bit to windows 7 64bit. And in my experience so far windows 7 itself is buggy and freezes on time to time and have problems loading things in a good fashion, even if it's a simple task like opening the start menu.
For the clock I recommend you read http://rainmeter.net/cms/Rainmeter101-SkinTutorials
And when you have a hang of that you can check out http://rainmeter.net/cms/Measures-Time
I don't think, therefore I'm not.
ButtScratchas

Post by ButtScratchas »

Chewtoy wrote:What did it say before you placed your path like you did?
If it was #SomeText# then there will be SomeText=Something in the [Variables] section (at the top of the skin or in a @included file). Then you can change the path there instead of having to go in to the skin itself and potentially do some sort of damage.

Have you a lot of applications that start on boot?
I have myself recently 'up'graded from windows XP 32bit to windows 7 64bit. And in my experience so far windows 7 itself is buggy and freezes on time to time and have problems loading things in a good fashion, even if it's a simple task like opening the start menu.
For the clock I recommend you read http://rainmeter.net/cms/Rainmeter101-SkinTutorials
And when you have a hang of that you can check out http://rainmeter.net/cms/Measures-Time
I had a wee chuckle when I saw "upgraded to W7". I find that funny, especially since you're coming from beloved XP.
As far as startup programs, I have nothing at startup other than Rocketdock, Rainmeter, iTunesHelper, and a few mandatory system .exe's. And I must agree about the freezing of the OS, however, everything else works perfectly fine when this freezing occurs, it's just rainmeter that is freezing.

I SOLVED MY OWN PROBLEM FOR THE SLIDESHOW! :D
This is what it says by default, and now I believe I understand what you mean, and if not, please correct me if I am wrong.

Code: Select all

[Rainmeter]
Author=P2C | toastbrotpascal.deviantart.com
Update=1000

@include="#SKINSPATH#\ABP\Variables.txt"

[BG]
Meter=IMAGE
ImageName=SlideshowBG.png
Path="#SKINSPATH#\ABP\Resources\#Skin#"

[MeasurePicture]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=Plugins\QuotePlugin.dll
PathName=#SlideshowPath#
FileFilter=*.jpeg; *.jpg
UpdateDivider=30

[Picture]
Meter=IMAGE
MeasureName=MeasurePicture
X=36
Y=37
W=122
H=78
PreserveAspectRatio=1
MouseOverAction=!Execute [!RainmeterShowMeter BG2][!RainmeterShowMeter ShowImage1][!RainmeterShowMeter SetImage1][!RainmeterShowMeter StopMeasure1][!RainmeterRedraw]
MouseLeaveAction=!Execute [!RainmeterHideMeter BG2][!RainmeterHideMeter ShowImage1][!RainmeterHideMeter SetImage1][!RainmeterHideMeter StopMeasure1][!RainmeterRedraw]

[Text]
Meter=STRING
MeterStyle=Style
X=97
Y=146
StringAlign=CENTER
Text=#SlideshowText#
I went into C:\Users\Anthony\Documents\Rainmeter\Skins\ABP, as that is where the variables.txt is located, and within that file was this:

Code: Select all

;=====ABP Variables File - go here for advanced tweaking =====

[Style]
FontFace=Calibri
FontColor=#BaseColor#
AntiAlias=1
FontSize=8
SolidColor=0,0,0,1

[Variables]
;=====Appearance=====
skin=White
Color=187,151,68

;=====Weather=====
WeatherCode=USPA0490
Unit=c

;=====RSS=====
RSS1=http://www.wiitower.de/feed/
Name1=Wiitower.de
RSS2=http://www.engadget.com/rss.xml
Name2=Engadget
RSS3=http://feeds.gawker.com/lifehacker/full
Name3=Lifehacker

;=====System-Drives=====
Drive1=C:\
Drive2=D:\
Drive3=E:\

;=====Notes-Headlines=====
Note1=Notizen
Note2=ToDo
Note3=Notes

;=====Slideshow=====
SlideshowPath=G:\Lordi\Documents\Pictures\Backgrounds
SlideshowText=Slideshow

;=====Apps1=====
Label1=Apps1

App1-1=CD Art Display
Link1-1=D:\CD Art Display\CAD.exe

App1-2=iTunes
Link1-2=iTunes.exe

App1-3=Firefox
Link1-3=Firefox.exe

App1-4=Gimp
Link1-4=gimp-2.6.exe

App1-5=Irfanview
Link1-5=Irfanview.exe

App1-6=Miranda
Link1-6=miranda32.exe

App1-7=Skype
Link1-7=C:\Programme\Skype\Phone\Skype.exe

;=====Apps2=====
Label2=Apps2

App2-1=none
Link2-1=

App2-2=none
Link2-2=

App2-3=none
Link2-3=

App2-4=none
Link2-4=

App2-5=none
Link2-5=

App2-6=none
Link2-6=

App2-7=none
Link2-7=none

;=====Apps3=====
Label3=Apps3

App3-1=none
Link3-1=

App3-2=none
Link3-2=

App3-3=none
Link3-3=

App3-4=none
Link3-4=

App3-5=none
Link3-5=

App3-6=none
Link3-6=

App3-7=none
Link3-7=
As you can see by the slideshow section, I've changed it from default of E:\ to my directory. Is this wrong? If it's not, then why is it still not working? I apologize that I'm not grasping this concept with ease, and I'd like to thank you again for helping me and being patient enough to do so.[/strike]
I SOLVED MY OWN PROBLEM FOR THE SLIDESHOW! :D
--
Thanks for the link to the measures time, that was very simple and I have the clock configured how I want it now, thanks!

[edit] Now I've got another problem, it's with the Weather skin, it has the proper weather code, however, it doesn't show the corresponding data from the website. I assume it's just another one of my user-end problems, and I'm sure I could find it with a bit of reading, so I'll get on that after I post this!
P2C

Post by P2C »

Opening the ABP Configure skin that opened the first time after installing the Suite, you'll find an option called "Set Variables".

There is the option to choose SlideshowPath and SlideshowText, to customize the skin to your needs.

Hope that helped.