It is currently May 8th, 2024, 12:00 am

(Suggestion) Show up the skin

Report bugs with the Rainmeter application and suggest features.
dirent

(Suggestion) Show up the skin

Post by dirent »

Hello fellas,

I have a suggestion to developer of rainmater & rainmeter skins.
Hope it will realize that.
When i doing something on computer, sometimes i need to see and/or control, some of skins. (i.e: see the download speed, cpu or memory usage at that time and etc.) But if i wanna do that, i have to back to the desktop. When i return to desktop i missed something which i busy with.
I wish, press key(s) any combinations [which i will chose in settings, (i.e CTRL+Space something like that)] to show up my skin(s) which i use, instead of to back to desktop.

Thanks for read.
Kaelri
Developer

Re: (Suggestion) Show up the skin

Post by Kaelri »

You can do this right now with a simple Autohotkey script. Here's what I use:

Code: Select all

CapsLock::Run "C:\Program Files\Rainmeter\Rainmeter.exe" !ToggleGroup Sidebar
This sends a command to Rainmeter to show or hide all of the skins in my "Sidebar" group when I press my Caps Lock key. Then, I just set each of those skins to "Topmost," so that they'll appear on top of other windows when they're toggled visible.
dirent

Post by dirent »

Many thanks for your interest but i don't know how to use Autoscript.
And i am very lazy to learn, 'how to' :oops:
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

We have talked in the past about instituting hotkeys in Rainmeter, and have decided not to. Since Rainmeter skins are not a "window" that maintains "focus" while you are using it, and since Rainmeter does not have a "key handler" as such in any case, we would have to remap global keys in Windows, and we currently have no interest in doing that. AutoIt or AutoHotKey can certainly be used if you want to remap some keystrokes to send commands to Rainmeter.