It is currently May 17th, 2024, 8:56 am

Two possible NowPlaying bugs

Report bugs with the Rainmeter application and suggest features.
kermit

Two possible NowPlaying bugs

Post by kermit »

Unless it's just user error since this is my first skin...

Ok, here they are:

1. With Rainmeter and a Nowplaying skin running, open iTunes and without selecting or playing anything use the shuffle function in the skin. I'll get a windows popup that Rainmeter has stopped working after which it will close. (No problem if you are playing something or have a song paused.)

2. I have the same song on 2 albums (1 is a "best of" cd) and for some reason the song from one album will show the albumart of the other album in the skin (it shows the right one in iTunes). Doesn't seem to work the other way around though.

I'm on Windows 7, using the Rainmeter 2.2.0 beta r1000 64-bit and iTunes 10.5
Seahorse

Re: Two possible NowPlaying bugs

Post by Seahorse »

The wonder of iTunes... :vomit:
"Regrettably your planet is one of those scheduled for demolition"
Mike

My Skins at DeviantArt

Matt

Post by Matt »

@kermit, I believe the removal of album art caching, which should be in tomorrow's beta, will resolve issue #2.
poiru
Developer

Post by poiru »

Matt wrote:@kermit, I believe the removal of album art caching, which should be in tomorrow's beta, will resolve issue #2.
Yep. I'll also fix issue #1 for the beta today.
kermit

Post by kermit »

Nice, didn't expect a fix this fast :) I'll check it out when it hits
kermit

Post by kermit »

Tried it with the new beta. The Albumart issue seems fixed :thumbup: But while shuffle doesn't crash rainmeter anymore while nothing is playing, it also doesn't actually toggle shuffle in iTunes. So you can't set it to shuffle before you hit play. (Still works the other way around though)

Also am I correct in thinking the Shuffle playertype only checks if shuffle is on or of when you use the SetShuffle command? I've got an icon that changes color based on whether shuffle is 1 or 0 but it doesn't respond if I toggle shuffle in iTunes itself. It does sort itself out when you use the setshuffle command.
poiru
Developer

Post by poiru »

kermit wrote:Tried it with the new beta. The Albumart issue seems fixed :thumbup: But while shuffle doesn't crash rainmeter anymore while nothing is playing, it also doesn't actually toggle shuffle in iTunes. So you can't set it to shuffle before you hit play. (Still works the other way around though)
This is a iTunes limitation. I'll report this to Apple; hopefully a future version of iTunes will fix this.
kermit wrote:Also am I correct in thinking the Shuffle playertype only checks if shuffle is on or of when you use the SetShuffle command? I've got an icon that changes color based on whether shuffle is 1 or 0 but it doesn't respond if I toggle shuffle in iTunes itself. It does sort itself out when you use the setshuffle command.
Will fix this for the next beta.
kermit

Post by kermit »

cool, thanks a lot
kermit

Post by kermit »

I tried the newest beta and while checking the shuffle state on a track change contains the problem, it will still show the wrong state in rainmeter for the duration of the song that was playing when you press shuffle in itunes.
I guess the only way to be sure would be to continuously check or at least at small intervals, or in the case of my skin have a refresh command on mouseover somehow as my shuffle button only shows on mouseover anyway.
Tbh it's not really that big of a problem so feel free to ignore this, but if there is an easy fix it would be nice.
Thanks for all your work in any case :thumbup:
poiru
Developer

Post by poiru »

kermit wrote:I guess the only way to be sure would be to continuously check or at least at small intervals, or in the case of my skin have a refresh command on mouseover somehow as my shuffle button only shows on mouseover anyway.
I will improve the fix for the next beta. I have a better way, but I didn't have the time to test it with iTunes 10.4.