It is currently March 28th, 2024, 6:50 pm

WebParser connection error

Share and get help with Plugins and Addons
Verenios

WebParser connection error

Post by Verenios »

Hey i am new to rainmeter and i must say it is great as of yet but after tweaking around and setting up my desktop to how i like it etc i check the logs and had some errors here and there when starting rainmeter up i fixed every single one but there is one error that is getting to me and i dont know how to fix it and i have googled it and also downloaded the webparser.dll test thingy and also checked that my firewall isn't blocking anything but the error still appears.. anyways the error i get is this below

ERROR: (00:00:03.291) WebParser.dll: (1634) A connection with the server could not be established (ErrorCode=12029)

If anyone could help me out with this error it would be great thanks
poiru
Developer

Re: WebParser connection error

Post by poiru »

Unload all skins, then load them one by one until error appears.
Verenios

Post by Verenios »

Ok after closing all my skins and reopening them i found out that it was the "
Space Theme" i downloaded i am using the widget within there called "stats" and seems there is a weather meter within this stats widget itself so i opened up the ini file and looked around and came to this

Code: Select all

;=====================   Weather   =======================

[MeasureWeatherRSS]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=Plugins\WebParser.dll
Url=http://rainmeter.accu-weather.com/widget/rainmeter/weather-data.asp?Location=#WeatherCode#&metric=1
RegExp="(?siU)<temperature>(.*)</temperature>.*"
StringIndex=1
;Debug=1

;---------------------------

[MeasureWeatherTemp]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=Plugins\WebParser.dll
Url=[MeasureWeatherRSS]
StringIndex=1

;---------------------------

[MeterTemp]
MeasureName=MeasureWeatherTemp
Meter=STRING
X=157
Y=149
FontColor=#C1#
StringStyle=NORMAL
FontSize=10
StringAlign=LEFT
FontFace=#F1#
Antialias=1
Postfix="°"

I tried changing the URL since it was dead to weather.com or yahoo.com within there RSS feed but a new error appeared..

ERROR: (00:00:01.592) WebParser.dll: [MeasureWeatherRSS] Matching error! (-1)
KreAch3R

Post by KreAch3R »

Accuweather stopped supporting rainmeter a while ago. And although your changing of the URL was in the right direction, the regular expression itself has to be changed, in order for the Webparser to produce results. That's why Webparser is showing matching error. The easier thing you can do now is try to "fuse" a working Yahoo! or Google weather skin with the looks of the skin you want. The best thing you can do is read the Webparser tutorial and try to learn what your skin is going to need to work correctly. :)
Inactive, due to life changes. Send me a PM for any question.

Desktop DeviartArt
Verenios

Post by Verenios »

Oh i see :o now i see the problem haha :3 thank you for all your help i will get around to it and read the tutorial i started a lil on it and got confused a lil haha but i will get around to it to try and get this to work out in the end :D