It is currently May 10th, 2024, 4:57 pm

Rainmeter does not response who used my skin.

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
Valentine

Rainmeter does not response who used my skin.

Post by Valentine »

I made skin of setting panel for Iron Man Jarvis Theme skin. http://browse.deviantart.com/customization/skins/sysmonitor/rainmeter/?qh=&section=&q=iron#/d4abslk

My skin original version : http://www.mediafire.com/?57celvdqp7m6c44

Some people ask about problem when they are load settings.ini, rainmeter does not response.

I guess that Ini file is too big, because they have not problem when load other skins in Iron Man Skin.

Settings.ini is 61KB, other skins are 1~13KB.

Therefore settings.ini is divided three file. Settings1.ini(20KB), Settings2.ini(29KB), Settings3.ini(19KB). (Settings panel is made of three page, so i divide three files)

Some people's problem is solved, but other people ask same problem when they load Settings2.ini.

I divide Settins2.ini -> Settings2.ini(18KB) + Setting2.inc(10KB)

and then some people's problem is solved, but other people have still same problem.

last eidt of my skin :http://www.mediafire.com/?22n6srfe2mn84q3
I don't know what to do. :(
parasite64

Re: Rainmeter does not response who used my skin.

Post by parasite64 »

How is your skin organised with those setting files? Is it something like:

Code: Select all

Settings
-Settings1.ini
-Settings2.ini
-Settings3.ini
If you're trying to load settings.ini and you haven't clicked 'Refresh All' to refresh the skins in Rainmeter, Rainmeter won't know that you've split your settings into multiple files. Each of those settings files also need to be in their own folder.
[Aurora]
Valentine

Post by Valentine »

parasite64 wrote:How is your skin organised with those setting files? Is it something like:

Settings
-Settings1.ini
-Settings2.ini
-Settings3.ini
If you're trying to load settings.ini and you haven't clicked 'Refresh All' to refresh the skins in Rainmeter, Rainmeter won't know that you've split your settings into multiple files. Each of those settings files also need to be in their own folder.
Sorry i don't understand why make own folder.

There is SettingsN.ini file in the Settings folder(Rainmeter\Skins\Iron Man\Settings)

That files work correctly in my desktop and someone's desktop, but files(or Rainmeter) don't work in other people's computer. I wrote !ActivateConfig in each file and It shows switch effect, because settings.ini does not load in someone's computer.

Then, do you think that if they make other folder, problem will be correctly?
parasite64

Post by parasite64 »

If you have them organised as:

Settings1\Settings1.ini
Settings2\Settings2.ini
Settings3\Settings3.ini
Rainmeter will think each of those files as separate files, so there shouldn't be any conflictions between them. Try it and see if that's what you need!
[Aurora]
Valentine

Post by Valentine »

parasite64 wrote:If you have them organised as:

Settings1\Settings1.ini
Settings2\Settings2.ini
Settings3\Settings3.ini
Rainmeter will think each of those files as separate files, so there shouldn't be any conflictions between them. Try it and see if that's what you need!
I tell someone(have problem) your opinion. He makes 3 folders(settings1~3 folder, and then insert each of 3 ini files), but problem does not solve.(settings2-problem. 1, 3 no problem) :(
MerlinTheRed
Rainmeter Sage

Post by MerlinTheRed »

I don't think your problem is related to the size of the file, and I don't think separating the Settings.ini file the way you do solves anything. I'd try looking for problems in the actual code of the ini file.

First of all your friends should all have the latest Rainmeter version installed. Often this fixes problems you can't find the cause for.

When I opened the ini file I noticed there are a couple of lines at the top that are not valid Rainmeter syntax and are not commented out. Try adding semicolons to the front of those lines to mark them as comments.

Second I noticed you apparently use a special character set for some of the text, which I have not installed. The Settings file loads just fine for me but perhaps that could cause problems for some people if it's used in the wrong place?

Thirdly, a wild guess: The InputText Plugin uses the .NET Framework. I don't know if it's installed automatically on every Windows machine and I don't remember if it's installed automatically with Rainmeter if you don't have it already. It's probably not a problem but your friends should check if they have a .NET Redistributable installed.

Probably none of the above solves your problem (except perhaps installing the newest Rainmeter version), but I think you shouldn't try to split up your file like this because I don't think it will solve anything. Perhaps your friends should try removing parts of the code and see if it works afterwards, but that would require them to know how to code in Rainmeter.
Have more fun creating skins with Sublime Text 2 and the Rainmeter Package!
Valentine

Post by Valentine »

Thank you for answer.

When i divide ini file into 3 ini files, some people's problem is solved by this method.
Therefore i think size of file makes this problem, but now i refrain.
MerlinTheRed wrote: First of all your friends should all have the latest Rainmeter version installed. Often this fixes problems you can't find the cause for.

When I opened the ini file I noticed there are a couple of lines at the top that are not valid Rainmeter syntax and are not commented out. Try adding semicolons to the front of those lines to mark them as comments.
He already installed latest version when he asked me his problem.

a couple of lines at the top that are not valid Rainmeter syntax : Is it below things?

[rainmeter]
Update=600000
Iron_Man/jarvis theme desktop
by barbadianOne
-left panel
I copied Iron Man skin ini file, and edited skin without [Rainmeter] and [Metadata].
I don't know why other Iron Man skin ini files are loaded, but settings.ini is not loaded(and makes "No Response")
MerlinTheRed wrote:Second I noticed you apparently use a special character set for some of the text, which I have not installed. The Settings file loads just fine for me but perhaps that could cause problems for some people if it's used in the wrong place?
hm... This skin is made for Korean rainmeter user, so special character is just korean text. Therefore it does not make problem in using Korean version of Windows Os.

MerlinTheRed wrote:Thirdly, a wild guess: The InputText Plugin uses the .NET Framework. I don't know if it's installed automatically on every Windows machine and I don't remember if it's installed automatically with Rainmeter if you don't have it already. It's probably not a problem but your friends should check if they have a .NET Redistributable installed.
He already installed net.framework 2, 3.5 sp1 and 4 when he asked me his problem.
And settings3.ini has also InputText plugin line.
I don't know why both settings2.ini and settings3 are have InputText plugin line, but only settings2.ini makes problem.

I think this problem is very mystery. :confused:
MerlinTheRed
Rainmeter Sage

Post by MerlinTheRed »

Probably the problem is in a part that settings2 has and settings3 doesn't have. I'd try removing/commenting parts of settings2 until it works. Then you know what part caused the problem and we can look into it further.
Have more fun creating skins with Sublime Text 2 and the Rainmeter Package!