It is currently May 19th, 2024, 6:45 am

[Solved] Network Traffic and Windows 7

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
elfurbe

Re: Network Traffic and Windows 7

Post by elfurbe »

Just thought I'd post a quick note, I had to trial-and-error to find the right interface for my network meter on Windows 7. I pulled the Add Counters window up and counted as indicated, which made my interface 2, but I had to use Interface=3 to get results. No idea why. Just thought I'd let others reading this know you may have to try different numbers to get what you want, the counting method doesn't seem to be fool-proof.
sgtevmckay

Post by sgtevmckay »

I would point you to the information listed previously in this thread.
http://forum.rainmeter.net/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=64#p200

You may check your findings to this, and ensure that you are getting correct readings ;)
MarcusVr

Post by MarcusVr »

sgtevmckay, your tip worked: now I've kB instead of bytes, thanks!

Another thing: my download band is 4 Mb, but Rainmeter (Hud skin!) shows 2 Mb as the peak. Is there a workaround to it?

Thanks in advance!
sgtevmckay

Post by sgtevmckay »

Ya know; I have no idea.

I think we may need input from others here, this may be a Rainmeter bug, but I would need information from several sources to verify.

I have never really noticed.

If there are other out there experiencing this 2Mb Ceiling, let us know!
elfurbe

Post by elfurbe »

sgtevmckay wrote:I would point you to the information listed previously in this thread.
http://forum.rainmeter.net/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=64#p200

You may check your findings to this, and ensure that you are getting correct readings ;)
I read the thread. I followed the directions, as I indicated in my post. They didn't work. So I posted a note here that said as much.

By the directions listed here, I should be on interface 2. Interface 2 had no data. So I'm on interface 3 which has data and matches the data reported by perfmon when I graph the second listed interface. I don't know why, but I know it's true. Just letting people know that those directions are not guaranteed, you may have to poke around till it works.
MarcusVr

Post by MarcusVr »

I'm also using interface 3, which I chose after follow the instructions (my OS is Windows 7). I see two problems - one a bug!

Firstly, the interface could show the measure in Kb, but it's only a personal preference.

Second - a bug -, there's a limitation of only 2 Mb as the peak of the data download measure.
sgtevmckay

Post by sgtevmckay »

To change HUD Vision from B to KB do the folloing

In the ini change:

NumOfDecimals=1
to
Text="%1B"

I have a tut in the forum regarding this somewhere. I am not certain where at the moment.
With visuals and evryhting
shhac

Post by shhac »

I know I'm reviving an old thread but this is the only one I found with a relevant post;
sgtevmckay wrote:To change HUD Vision from k to KB do the folloing

In the ini change:

NumOfDecimals=1
to
Text="%1B"
That results in inconsistent units
(example: 5 kB, 1 MB, 0B)
Notice how the units have different spacing and capitalisation?
After a while of playing around I managed to get it to show how I prefer it
(example: 5 KiB/s, 1 MiB/s, 0 B/s)
  • Steps to achieve this
  • In the Measure=NetIn

Code: Select all

Substitute=" k":" Ki"," M":" Mi","0":"0 ","1":"1 ","2":"2 ","3":"3 ","4":"4 ","5":"5 ","6":"6 ","7":"7 ","8":"8 ","9":"9 ","  ":" "," 0":"0"," 1":"1"," 2":"2"," 3":"3"," 4":"4"," 5":"5"," 6":"6"," 7":"7"," 8":"8"," 9":"9"
    If you don't want it to have the i in the unit you can omit/modify

" k":" Ki"," M":" Mi",
  • In the Meter=STRING

NumOfDecimals=0
    Postfix="B/s"
And there you go.
If there is an easier way to pad the unit with a space please let me know.
sgtevmckay

Post by sgtevmckay »

Great work
We are always open to new ways of getting the measures to look right at the skin end.

:welcome: to the forum :D
redblack

Post by redblack »

Um .. I may be reading this wrong but it seems like people are really over-complicating these skin meter ''issues" . . . I'm not seeing any bugs just misunderstanding . . . I'm talking of course about the topics brought up In Addition to JSM's initial post!

MarcusVr wrote:may I ask how to show the traffic in Kb? Using the network monitor it shows 315 instead of 31,5 Kb. Is there a way to change the exhibition?
Simply add the following line to the Download and/or Upload Meter . . . This will scale the results automatically and add the K and M when appropiate:

AutoScale=1
To add the "B', you're not measuring anything extra, just adding that symbol after your measurement, so just use the following and place it in the relevant Meter:

Postfix="B"
Please note that it was never necessary to exchange the "NumOfDecimals=1" and that this can be left in, adjusted or removed. It wasn't creating an issue at all and removing it is not what helped you!
MarcusVr wrote:my download band is 4 Mb, but Rainmeter (Hud skin!) shows 2 Mb as the peak. Is there a workaround to it?
I've never used Hud.Vision but it sounds like you have to alter the Maximum Values for your Download/Upload Measures! Look for a NetIn Measure in the skin, mine might look like this, and adjust it to match your Internet Connection:

[MeasureDownload]
Measure=NetIn
MaxValue=500000