It is currently April 19th, 2024, 8:13 am

[v1.0 ready]Skin collection - Some help with testing needed

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
Saiho

Re: [WIP]Skin collection - Some help with testing needed

Post by Saiho »

This is just brilliant. Maybe this is worth adding to the manual or tips and tricks? It simplifies so many things. Thank you!
Kaelri
Developer

Post by Kaelri »

Saiho wrote:This is just brilliant. Maybe this is worth adding to the manual or tips and tricks? It simplifies so many things. Thank you!
We're working on a major overhaul for the manual right now. I'll make sure this is mentioned.
Saiho

Post by Saiho »

Another thing I'm unsure about came up.

Short version:
Can I use the name a measure as part of a file name to make its result affect what file will be loaded?

Long version:
I want to make an image meter choose it's image name depending on the result of a measure. Here's what I came up with:

Code: Select all

[mBatteryState]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=PowerPlugin
PowerState=PERCENT

[mBatteryIcon]
Measure=Calc
Formula=(mBatteryState < 10) ? 0 : ((mBatteryState < 50) ? 33 : ((mBatteryState < 90) ? 66 : 100))

[BatteryState]
Meter=Image
MeterStyle=OnAC
ImageName=#@#\images\Battery[mBatteryIcon].png
y=107
DynamicVariables=1
In the Resources folder there are images called Battery0, Battery33, Battery66 and Battery100. Is this a reasonable way to get what I'm looking for?
Kaelri
Developer

Post by Kaelri »

Saiho wrote:In the Resources folder there are images called Battery0, Battery33, Battery66 and Battery100. Is this a reasonable way to get what I'm looking for?
Yep, that's almost exactly how I'd do it. The only thing I would suggest is using the "MeasureName" binding on your image meter, which will accomplish the same thing without the need for DynamicVariables. You probably won't notice the difference in performance, but it's still a good habit to optimize where you can.

[mBatteryState]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=PowerPlugin
PowerState=PERCENT

[mBatteryIcon]
Measure=Calc
Formula=(mBatteryState < 10) ? 0 : ((mBatteryState < 50) ? 33 : ((mBatteryState < 90) ? 66 : 100))

[BatteryState]
Meter=Image
MeterStyle=OnAC
MeasureName=mBatteryIcon
ImageName=#@#images\Battery%1.png
y=107
Saiho

Post by Saiho »

Ooh that's nice. I wouldn't think of it, but makes sense when you explain it. Thanks!
Saiho

Post by Saiho »

Right, time I actually shared something!
It's still missing the reader, so just a screenshot for now. Once that last bit is done, I'll upload a .rmskin somewhere and hopefully find a few people to test it :)

The wallpaper is not very interesting, I know, but I need a solid color to work on ;-)

Icons are by http://chrfb.deviantart.com/ and weather icons by http://merlinthered.deviantart.com/. Many bits of code based on other people's work, mainly Kaelri's Enigma.

Maybe someone who uses Yahoo's weather can help me, when they say 0 degrees in wind direction, they mean a north wind, right?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Kaelri
Developer

Post by Kaelri »

Saiho wrote:Maybe someone who uses Yahoo's weather can help me, when they say 0 degrees in wind direction, they mean a north wind, right?
I believe so. Here's a measure I use to convert Yahoo's wind direction code into cardinal directions.

[MeasureWeatherWindDirectionCardinal]
Measure=Calc
Formula=FLOOR(((MeasureWeatherWindDirection/11.25)+1.5) < 33 ? ((MeasureWeatherWindDirection/11.25)+1.5) : ((MeasureWeatherWindDirection/11.25)+1.5)-32)
Substitute="10":"EbS","11":"ESE","12":"SEbE","13":"SE","14":"SEbS","15":"SSE","16":"SbE","17":"S","18":"SbW","19":"SSW","20":"SWbS","21":"SW","22":"SWbW","23":"WSW","24":"WbSW","25":"W","26":"WbN","27":"WNW","28":"NWbW","29":"NW","30":"NWbN","31":"NNW","32":"NbW","1":"N","2":"NbE","3":"NNE","4":"NEbN","5":"NE","6":"NEbE","7":"ENE","8":"EbN","9":"E"
Saiho

Post by Saiho »

Is it bad manners to upload a .rmskin in the forum as attachment to a post? It's 1MB give or take. I don't want to put up something incomplete on DeviantArt, but I can find some other place to upload it if it's any issue.
Kaelri
Developer

Post by Kaelri »

Saiho wrote:Is it bad manners to upload a .rmskin in the forum as attachment to a post? It's 1MB give or take. I don't want to put up something incomplete on DeviantArt, but I can find some other place to upload it if it's any issue.
I'd say it's fine. Just remember to delete the attachment when the final product is up on deviantArt. :)
Saiho

Post by Saiho »

Oh of course, I can do that! I'll have something soon :)