It is currently May 20th, 2024, 9:16 pm

NowPlaying plugin - Multiple Media Player Support

Share and get help with Plugins and Addons
poiru
Developer

Re: NowPlaying plugin - Multiple Media Player Support

Post by poiru »

alex_shaman wrote: I'm using Quintessential Media Player (http://quinnware.com/) =)
Yeah, it's old (not updated from 2009), but i love this Player.
NowPlaying plugin works with it through Winamp-interface.
Unicode characters (including Cryllic chars) work fine here with Quintessential Media Player. Could you upload a file that's causing trouble and send me a PM with the link?
qtr

Re: Fix for iTunes 10.5

Post by qtr »

poiru wrote:For NowPlaying to work with iTunes 10.5 (or higher), you must install a fixed version of NowPlaying. The fix will also be included in the next Rainmeter 2.2 beta release due this Sunday.

1. Download and extract nowplayingfix2.zip
2. Depending on your version of Rainmeter, copy NowPlaying.dll either from the x32 or x64 folder.
(If you don't know what version of Rainmeter you have, right-click the Rainmeter tray icon -> About -> Version. You should have either "32-bit" or "64-bit" there.)
3. Make sure Rainmeter is completely closed at this point
4. Go into your Rainmeter Plugins folder (usually located in C:\Program Files\Rainmeter\Plugins) and paste the NowPlaying.dll file you copied either.

That's it. NowPlaying should now work fine with all versions of iTunes including 10.5.
Sadly, itunes has to be reopened each time skin is refreshed with this version.
Imaginos

Post by Imaginos »

Couple questions/things and a bug?

I'm running the rainmeter 2.2 beta as of today and this is my first install of any sort of player. I started with a WMP player and found that it launches the player window in order to choose a song to play....is this the normal behavior for all players? That they launch in order for the plugin to work? if so what's the point of the plugin when I could just run the player itself? If the player has to be launched does anyone know of one that will minimize to the system tray so I don't have to deal with it on my taskbar as an open program?

Bug? I installed media player classic to see about the above question and when I click on Sotia and edit it, i put in Player=WLM, like the online manual says. When I then hit the open media player button, after a refresh nothing happens at all. I'm running the latest MPC 64 bit version for win 7....and for some reason the close button doesn't work for me either :/

Thank you.
new_ion?

Post by new_ion? »

thank you for the fix poiru!
poiru
Developer

Re: Fix for iTunes 10.5

Post by poiru »

qtr wrote:Sadly, itunes has to be reopened each time skin is refreshed with this version.
That's odd -- it works fine here. Which skins are you using?
qtr

Post by qtr »

I use a mod of Soita + other nowplaying based skin, however same happens with original Soita. I found out that Itunes Control http://itunescontrol.com interferes with nowplaying plugin.

Another issue: I don't have artwork viewer in my config, however Rainmeter creates hundreds (300 by now) of filename.art files in temp\Rainmeter-Cache folder. On option to disable that is needed.
poiru
Developer

Post by poiru »

qtr wrote:I use a mod of Soita + other nowplaying based skin, however same happens with original Soita. I found out that Itunes Control http://itunescontrol.com interferes with nowplaying plugin.
Does iTunes need to be reloaded on skin refresh even when iTunes Control is not installed (or is disabled)?
qtr wrote:Another issue: I don't have artwork viewer in my config, however Rainmeter creates hundreds (300 by now) of filename.art files in temp\Rainmeter-Cache folder. On option to disable that is needed.
The next version of NowPlaying in the next Rainmeter 2.2 beta (which will be released this Sunday) will disable caching completely.
qtr

Post by qtr »

poiru wrote:Does iTunes need to be reloaded on skin refresh even when iTunes Control is not installed (or is disabled)?
As soon as I quit itunescontrol, nowplaying plugin starts to work immediately without refreshing; refresh works well also.
poiru wrote:The next version of NowPlaying in the next Rainmeter 2.2 beta (which will be released this Sunday) will disable caching completely.
Great!
poiru
Developer

Post by poiru »

qtr wrote:As soon as I quit itunescontrol, nowplaying plugin starts to work immediately without refreshing; refresh works well also.
I'll look into this.
alex_shaman

Post by alex_shaman »

poiru wrote:Unicode characters (including Cryllic chars) work fine here with Quintessential Media Player. Could you upload a file that's causing trouble and send me a PM with the link?
I sent PM.
And I have found that this trouble founds out when file or filefolder(s) have cyrillyc symbols in name. Does it bug of QCD?

P.s. Long ago I have used program, that return the value of mp3-tags from QCD to ICQ-status of messaging client. It works fine and now. I have just checked up it. =)