It is currently April 28th, 2024, 8:18 am

Visage

Share and get help with Plugins and Addons
Kaelri
Developer

Re: Visage

Post by Kaelri »

I've updated the download link in the first post. It now goes to the download page on my website. (I wanted to relieve the forum of unnecessary attachment bandwidth.)

The app itself is unchanged. I'm not aware of any technical issues or desired updates. Please post if you have any further feedback.
DavidL

Post by DavidL »

Is there any way of changing the hotkeys? I'm on a notebook and I don't have a pause key.
The transparencies work just great, but i can't make the toogle taskbar off. I'm on Windows 7 64bits
In the .ahk file I see "#pause::" but changing "pause" whit "¿" doesn't seem to work.
Thanks.
squiggles

Post by squiggles »

How do I uninstall?
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

squiggles wrote:How do I uninstall?
Just exit it and delete it. It doesn't get "installed" in any way.
squiggles

Post by squiggles »

jsmorley wrote: Just exit it and delete it. It doesn't get "installed" in any way.
I did that but it is still showing up in the "notification icons" section in Windows 7 (in the taskbar).
Synthem

Post by Synthem »

I was hoping someone could help me uninstall this plugin.

I downloading it on a whim thinking it might come in handy, completely forgetting the important fact that, since I am running windows in Parallels 8 on a Mac, and not an actual Windows computer, I don't even have the keys needed for some of the native windows hotkeys (basic ones, yes, but the more complex ones are a pain in the butt to get working.) Anywho! That said, I'm wanting to delete / uninstall this app off my computer, but I can't seem to move it anywhere. Not into the recycling bin, or even into another folder. So it's stuck on my desktop, taking up space.

Whenever I attempt to move it into the recycling bin, it needs my administrating permission to do so. But once I proceed, it shows me this error message:

"You need permission to perform this action

You require permission from AGENTWHITEECE7/[fullname] to make changes to this folder."

and gives me the option to either try again (never works) or cancel.

Tried simply moving it into another folder, and it told me I couldn't make changes to the file because it was open in another program. This was right after I booted up, and had yet to start Visage (or so I thought.) Now, it's been a while since I've tampered heavily with windows computers, and I'm not sure what to do next, so if someone could enlighten me how to remove Visage without receiving those error messages I would be thrilled! Please and thank you.

I noticed there was a comment about "how do I uninstall" but there was never an application that popped up to "exit" in the first place. I'm probably missing something super obvious here, but hopefully somebody can set me straight if that's the case.
Wolfgang DelaSangre

Post by Wolfgang DelaSangre »

You don't uninstall it. You close it. Just right-click its icon in the notification area and then click "Exit". That simple.

If you have it set to start with Windows, you can also change that by taking it out of your Startup folder. Same same if you simply have a shortcut to Visage in the Startup folder.

Okay, question time! Is there a way to make a Rainmeter skin that, when clicked, executes the Start+Pause combo? I know I'd have to use the AHK file, but I'm lost after that.