It is currently May 2nd, 2024, 2:14 pm

Spotify Plugin Released! Now with less bugs!

Plugins and Addons popular with the Community
exper1mental

Re: Spotify Plugin Released!

Post by exper1mental »

.raptor wrote:Sorry for the wait guys!

New version for testing below!
Still causes Rainmeter to crash... :uhuh: (when Rainmeter tries to load the plugin for a skin)

Maybe revert to the previous working version and make whatever changes you did over again and see if that fixes it?
.raptor

Post by .raptor »

If I was a guy smart enough to backup previous versions i guess that would be a good idea.

But since I'm not, i will release a debugger later today. Would love if I got some help with testing :)
.raptor

Post by .raptor »

Attached a debugger below. Just unzip and run it.
(Dont put it in the rainmeter plugins folder, the .dll does not work with rainmeter)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
LeVvE

Post by LeVvE »

.raptor wrote:Attached a debugger below. Just unzip and run it.
(Dont put it in the rainmeter plugins folder, the .dll does not work with rainmeter)
Log didn't seem to say much.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
yangerang55

Post by yangerang55 »

Could someone post the .ini version of this most recent spotify thing?

I have no idea how anything works...but I know that an .ini makes the skin.

Or - someone could tell me how to get that dll to .ini? Or something along those lines.

I'll be eagerly waiting :D
Subwai

Post by Subwai »

If you get stuck and need help, feel free to PM. As long as you code in c# I can help.

I had an issue for my plugin where the request wouldn't get a valid api key response (no network for example). Which would make the API lib (assuming you're using the same as I) instantly crash when trying to do stuff. This could happen either on start, or after many hours in idle when the key was not valid any more. In that case you'd have to request a new key. This would crash the plugin as well as rainmeter. Not necessarily the same bug, but sounds similar.. you might have thought of that already. If not, then thats a simple fix :)
exper1mental

Post by exper1mental »

.raptor wrote:Attached a debugger below. Just unzip and run it.
The plugin is working without crashing Rainmeter now :o O.O :???: :D

I noticed that the plugin isn't loading local album art so I ran the debug while playing a part of a local song.
exper1mental

Post by exper1mental »

Update: Rainmeter still crashes on load if it is trying to use a skin using this plugin. HOWEVER, if the debug program is running or has been run since the computer has been turned on, Rainmeter will load and the plugin will work (although there are bugs to be had...)
.raptor

Post by .raptor »

exper1mental wrote:Update: Rainmeter still crashes on load if it is trying to use a skin using this plugin. HOWEVER, if the debug program is running or has been run since the computer has been turned on, Rainmeter will load and the plugin will work (although there are bugs to be had...)
This is much appreciated info, and makes the debugging much easier thank you. I'm sorry this is dragging out, but my uni term just started. Been swamped in work lately, but i will pick this project up again soon.
exper1mental

Post by exper1mental »

.raptor wrote:This is much appreciated info, and makes the debugging much easier thank you. I'm sorry this is dragging out, but my uni term just started. Been swamped in work lately, but i will pick this project up again soon.
Ok, thank you for keeping us informed :)