It is currently May 17th, 2024, 7:28 am

Spotify Plugin Released! Now with less bugs!

Plugins and Addons popular with the Community
faggert

Re: Spotify Plugin Released! Now with less bugs!

Post by faggert »

Hey everyone I'm rather new to Rainmeter and I'm using this skin: http://madmilov2.deviantart.com/art/La-Compagnie-des-Ombres-Music-1-2-487138316?offset=25#comments
My problem is that the album art isn't appearing. I'm not very good at this stuff so could anybody help me out there?
.raptor

Post by .raptor »

faggert wrote:Hey everyone I'm rather new to Rainmeter and I'm using this skin: http://madmilov2.deviantart.com/art/La-Compagnie-des-Ombres-Music-1-2-487138316?offset=25#comments
My problem is that the album art isn't appearing. I'm not very good at this stuff so could anybody help me out there?
  1. Right click the skin and press "edit".
  2. Find the cover meter.
  3. Replace contents (example below)
  4. Save and refresh skin
When i made the SoitaSpotify skin i changed

Code: Select all

[mCover]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=NowPlaying.dll
PlayerName=[mPlayer]
PlayerType=COVER
Substitute="":"#@#Default.png"
to

[mCover]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=SpotifyPlugin.dll
Type=AlbumArt
Res=300
Make sure the SpotifyPlugin is installed (page one for details).
If you are unsure you can right click a skin > Rainmeter > About > Plugins. One of the entries should be SpotifyPlugin.dll if you have done everything right.
faggert

Post by faggert »

I followed the "edit skin" part and the problem and it still didn't work. I kept getting this error when I right clicked a skin>rainmeter>about. http://i.imgur.com/m2KLu9g.jpg I managed to get it work by creating the SpotifyPlugin folder in Mydocuments\Rainmeter directory. Thanks a bunch for the help!
.raptor

Post by .raptor »

faggert wrote:I followed the "edit skin" part and the problem and it still didn't work. I kept getting this error when I right clicked a skin>rainmeter>about. http://i.imgur.com/m2KLu9g.jpg I managed to get it work by creating the SpotifyPlugin folder in Mydocuments\Rainmeter directory. Thanks a bunch for the help!
Can't replicate the issue here, but I'm glad it worked out! :)
Kaz28100

Post by Kaz28100 »

I found one bug i didn't know if this was reported before, but if you use "Private sesion" in spotify the plugin don't get the cover art and spotify will crash randomly.
.raptor

Post by .raptor »

Kaz28100 wrote:I found one bug i didn't know if this was reported before, but if you use "Private sesion" in spotify the plugin don't get the cover art and spotify will crash randomly.
The random spotify crashes seem to be a normal issue at the moment, i will look into it when spotify gets more stable. About the private session, that is as intended. My plugin asks Spotify through the same undocumented API that facebook and other sites use, so I'm afraid that will never get fixed.
worstjob22

Post by worstjob22 »

Is it working for Omnimo?
.raptor

Post by .raptor »

worstjob22 wrote:Is it working for Omnimo?
I'm not really in a spot to tell, but by a quick look over their source it seems like just another plugin, so i cant see why not. :confused:
Kaz28100

Post by Kaz28100 »

Edit: I found what i did wrong it's a problem with the mouseoveraction. If a admin can delete my post ;)

Hi, i don't know why but everytime the play/pause buttons stay blocked on same status :(, do you know how to solve this?

I tried many thing but no one work.
[mState]
Measure=PLUGIN
Plugin=SpotifyPlugin.dll
Type=Playing
Substitute="0":"Play","1":"Pause","2":"Play"
[mState]
Measure=PLUGIN
Plugin=NowPlaying.dll
PlayerName=Spotify
PlayerType=STATE
Substitute="0":"Play", "1":"Pause", "2":"Play"
None of this two work corectly with that

[PlayPause]
Meter=IMAGE
ImageName=#@#Images\#Theme#\[mState].png
X=28r
Y=103
W=18
H=18
MouseOverAction=[!SetOption #CURRENTSECTION# ImageName "#@#Images\#Theme#\[mState]h.png"][!UpdateMeter #CURRENTSECTION#][!Redraw]
MouseLeaveAction=[!SetOption #CURRENTSECTION# ImageName "#@#Images\#Theme#\[mState].png"][!UpdateMeter #CURRENTSECTION#][!Redraw]
LeftMouseUpAction=[!CommandMeasure "mPlayer" "PlayPause"][!Redraw]
DynamicVariables=1
forge123014

Post by forge123014 »

Great plugin. I was wondering if there was any way to get a substitute picture to show up in case of no album art? Also, the album art is hanging in memory or the .dll? Whenever using the SpotifyPlugin, the album art last loaded is present even though the Spotify player has been shut down. In other words, the album art doesn't seem to be refreshing itself like the nowplaying plugin does. As such, when the player is closed, the album art remains. I would be grateful for any input on this. :???: