It is currently May 5th, 2024, 1:00 am

Spotify Plugin Released! Now with less bugs!

Plugins and Addons popular with the Community
JoshuaVL1988

Re: Spotify Plugin Released! Now with less bugs!

Post by JoshuaVL1988 »

flip wrote:Has this broken recently? I noticed for the past week or so that the progress bar, playing status, and title/artist are not returning properly. Progress is NaN, playing is always 0, and on rare occasion the track/artist shows up, but is doesn't change.

I am not really sure when this started, since I didn't bother to fix it for awhile, but I have tried updating my SpotifyPlugin.dll to no avail.

Any idea what is wrong?

I just really have no idea what has changed to break this in recent times. It worked fine before, but now it does not (with no changes made on my part).

Shortened code, if that is useful. Only shows parts related to SpotifyPlugin.dll and a small piece with general rainmeter settings.
[Rainmeter]
Update=40
DynamicWindowSize=1
AccurateText=1

[MeasureSpotify]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=NowPlaying
PlayerName=Spotify

[MeasureProgress]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=SpotifyPlugin.dll
Type=Progress

[MeasurePlaying]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=SpotifyPlugin.dll
Type=Playing
IfCondition=(MeasurePlaying = 1)
IfConditionMode=1
IfTrueAction=[!SetOption MeterPlayPause ImageName #PauseButton#][!SetOption MeterPlayPause SolidColor 0,0,0,1]
IfFalseAction=[!SetOption MeterPlayPause ImageName #PlayButton#][!SetOption MeterPlayPause SolidColor ""]

[MeasureTitle]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=SpotifyPlugin.dll
Type=TrackName

[MeasureArtist]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=SpotifyPlugin.dll
Type=ArtistName

[TitleArtistSwitch]
UpdateDivider=101
Measure=Calc
Formula=(Counter % 2) + 1

[MeterSong]
Meter=String
MeasureName=MeasureTitle
MeasureName2=MeasureArtist
AntiAlias=1
FontColor=#Color1#
FontFace=Segoe UI
FontSize=8
ClipString=2
StringAlign=Center
X=84
Y=90
W=118
H=15
DynamicVariables=1
Text=%[TitleArtistSwitch]

[MeterPlayPause]
Meter=Image
X=3
Y=77
SolidColor=0,0,0,1
ImageName=#PlayButton#
LeftMouseUpAction=[!CommandMeasure "MeasureSpotify" "PlayPause"]

[MeterProgress]
Meter=Bar
MeasureName=MeasureProgress
X=25
Y=85
W=118
H=5
BarImage=#ProgressBar#
SolidColor=#Color2#
BarOrientation=Horizontal
The plugin for the measure Spotify is typed wrong. You have it typed as NowPlaying. Type it in as NowPlaying.dll and if that doesn't work replace it with SpotifyPlugin.dll
flip

Post by flip »

JoshuaVL1988 wrote: The plugin for the measure Spotify is typed wrong. You have it typed as NowPlaying. Type it in as NowPlaying.dll and if that doesn't work replace it with SpotifyPlugin.dll
Nah, that is not part of the spotify plugin, that is NowPlaying, a default plugin for rainmeter that I am using in this case to send the "play/pause" command, and is actually the only thing that does still work properly. I also use it for "next song", but as it has no relevance to spotify I cut it out... I should have maybe cut the now playing reference out too, but it is linked to the play/pause meter that uses both NowPlaying (to issue the command) as well as the spotify plugin (to determine whether the button should be play or pause), so I left it in so that that meter would make sense.
.raptor

Post by .raptor »

Updated the first post, just download the rmskin there and make sure Spotify is updated as well.
flip

Post by flip »

.raptor wrote:Updated the first post, just download the rmskin there and make sure Spotify is updated as well.
Maybe I am just an unlucky edge case, but the SoitaSpotify rmskin actually doesn't work on my system (I assume it is set up correctly, of course). I still get the same effects I mentioned in my last post (NaN, play/pause doesn't register, etc). What version of spotify are you on? Mine is 1.0.11 (1.0.11.134.ga37df67b), which is the most recent version as far as I can tell.

Also as something of note, the artist/track does seem to.. "work".. for me, but it is really slow or delayed. I came back this morning to find that it had updated the title/artist overnight sometime to the one I had left it on when messing around with it, but it wouldn't change from that song to any new ones I changed to.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
.raptor

Post by .raptor »

You don't happen to have Spotify in private session do you? Pretty much stabbing in the dark here, can see if i get my debugger up and working so I can send you a copy.
flip

Post by flip »

.raptor wrote:You don't happen to have Spotify in private session do you? Pretty much stabbing in the dark here, can see if i get my debugger up and working so I can send you a copy.
I am not using private session. Being able to debug it would be nice.

It is odd though, it has updated again (shows up since on soita skin now, identical in terms of what I have on my own skin), but it is again stuck. Something else to try and narrow down issues, what version of RM? I am using 3.2.1 r2386 64-bit (Mar 24 2015) currently. Maybe that has something to do with it?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
.raptor

Post by .raptor »

I can remember having an issue like this under development but i can't remember what was wrong or how i fixed it. I will need to update the plugin soon anyway, as Spotify have contacted me about excessive use of their API. If this leads to a complete rework or just minor tweaking, I don't know yet.

Until then, some small piece of information that may or may not help you out.

The plugin gathers info from the process "SpotifyWebHelper.exe". If the process is not running, it will get started from %appdata%\Spotify\SpotifyWebHelper.exe.
Consider running it or/and RM as administrator, start RM before launching Spotify, terminating SpotifyWebHelper with RM running etc. (And of course report back if anything changes)

I think when i had the issue, terminating the web helper made the plugin get information for a tick or two before freezing back up.
JoshuaVL1988

Post by JoshuaVL1988 »

flip wrote: I am not using private session. Being able to debug it would be nice.

It is odd though, it has updated again (shows up since on soita skin now, identical in terms of what I have on my own skin), but it is again stuck. Something else to try and narrow down issues, what version of RM? I am using 3.2.1 r2386 64-bit (Mar 24 2015) currently. Maybe that has something to do with it?
Whatever the cause is it seems to be on your end. The Soita Spotify rmskin and SpotifyPlugin.dll work fine for me.
flip

Post by flip »

No luck. I tried stopping the webhelper, which would crash rainmeter, though I did notice it update the first time I did it (coincidence or no?), every other time it would not. Might have to do with it having already been "updating" the first time, though the "update" was also incorrect. Perhaps webhelper itself is freezing up? Maybe I can just try reinstalling spotify. Edit: No change.

Trying with Spotify, Rainmeter and the webhelper as administrator didn't make a difference.

If you think you might have to make some changes soon, I can always just wait until you have a new .dll and give that a try.
JoshuaVL1988 wrote: Whatever the cause is it seems to be on your end. The Soita Spotify rmskin and SpotifyPlugin.dll work fine for me.
Whatever is wrong with it seems to definitely be unique to me, no clue what is wrong though.
JoshuaVL1988

Post by JoshuaVL1988 »

flip wrote:No luck. I tried stopping the webhelper, which would crash rainmeter, though I did notice it update the first time I did it (coincidence or no?), every other time it would not. Might have to do with it having already been "updating" the first time, though the "update" was also incorrect. Perhaps webhelper itself is freezing up? Maybe I can just try reinstalling spotify. Edit: No change.

Trying with Spotify, Rainmeter and the webhelper as administrator didn't make a difference.

If you think you might have to make some changes soon, I can always just wait until you have a new .dll and give that a try.
Whatever is wrong with it seems to definitely be unique to me, no clue what is wrong though.
Not sure if this helps any, but my rainmeter only crashes if i start it before spotify. starting spotify first always lets it run fine for me.