It is currently May 18th, 2024, 4:25 pm

Spotify Plugin Released! Now with less bugs!

Plugins and Addons popular with the Community
.raptor

Re: Spotify Plugin Released! Now with less bugs!

Post by .raptor »

Well, these are both unintended behaviors, as i can't reproduce any of them at my end.

Could you try deleting SpotifyPlugin.dll from "C:\Program Files\Rainmeter\Plugins" and "C:\Users\YourName\AppData\Roaming\Rainmeter\Plugins" and reinstalling the plugin?
.raptor

Post by .raptor »

Important Post!
The current version of SpotifyPlugin will break Friday morning.

The plugin in its current state is generating a lot of traffic for the Spotify servers, and i have been notified that the current version will no longer be supported. A new version is already in progress, and will be released later this week.

Thank you for your patience!
OliG

Post by OliG »

Hello!

I know you said SpotifyPlugin won't work from Friday, but it's not working for me right now this second.

No picture update, no text appearing. It's just blank.

I've reinstalled the dll in Program Files and in AppData and restarted, so I know it's not me.
jrjoamir

Post by jrjoamir »

OliG wrote:Hello!

I know you said SpotifyPlugin won't work from Friday, but it's not working for me right now this second.

No picture update, no text appearing. It's just blank.

I've reinstalled the dll in Program Files and in AppData and restarted, so I know it's not me.
Same thing here. For me crashed after Windows 10 update.
Oddly enough, an old skin (Spotify Player for Rainmeter - By: maxvanijsselmuiden) has the track title and artist working, but the skin has no album art thou.
"Ideas are far more powerful than guns. We don't allow our enemies to have guns, why should we allow them to have ideas?"
Joseph Stalin
.raptor

Post by .raptor »

Yeah, this wasn't quite expected, as the patch isn't really done yet. I will try to get it released as fast as i possibly can.

Got this mail from spotify today:
Due to reasons we had to block access for the bugged version of the plugin earlier than expected.
An update is just about done, but I have to make sure it functions like it should, as i don't want them to block it once again.
.raptor

Post by .raptor »

Updated! 8-)

Incomplete surprise skin inside!
jrjoamir

Post by jrjoamir »

Updated the plugin, but no change.
I tried to install the skin and copy the spotifyplugin.dll directly to the plugin folder, refreshing everything after each step, none seens to work. Am I doing something wrong?
"Ideas are far more powerful than guns. We don't allow our enemies to have guns, why should we allow them to have ideas?"
Joseph Stalin
.raptor

Post by .raptor »

jrjoamir wrote:Updated the plugin, but no change.
I tried to install the skin and copy the spotifyplugin.dll directly to the plugin folder, refreshing everything after each step, none seens to work. Am I doing something wrong?
That shouldn't be necessary at all, running the rmskin installer from the first post should be enough.
TCC

Post by TCC »

I installed it and there was no change. Not even your fancy skin works (visualizer does though) :confused:
OliG

Post by OliG »

TCC wrote:I installed it and there was no change. Not even your fancy skin works (visualizer does though) :confused:
I had the same issue.

Is the new spotifyplugin.dll actually in your program files?

Mine didn't show up.

If it didn't, open the .rmskin with 7zip and manually extract the plugin. It worked instantly for me.