It is currently May 18th, 2024, 3:27 pm

Spotify Plugin Released! Now with less bugs!

Plugins and Addons popular with the Community
jrjoamir

Re: Spotify Plugin Released! Now with less bugs!

Post by jrjoamir »

OliG wrote: If it didn't, open the .rmskin with 7zip and manually extract the plugin. It worked instantly for me.
That is what I have done the first time, and for some reason, it did not work. Therefore, after I saw you post I tried again and this time it worked like a charm. I think that in the first time rainmeter was running and using the plugin, so it don’t let me overwrite it, but oddly I did not get any error message. I think killing the rainmeter process and them manually extract the plugin will work for everyone.
.raptor wrote:That shouldn't be necessary at all, running the rmskin installer from the first post should be enough.
Thanks very much .raptor for rush in and fix the plugin earlier that the expected and take the time try to help :thumbup:
"Ideas are far more powerful than guns. We don't allow our enemies to have guns, why should we allow them to have ideas?"
Joseph Stalin
.raptor

Post by .raptor »

This whole situation still seems a little weird if you ask me, but as long as you got it working, I'm happy :D
emieldeswart

Post by emieldeswart »

It still doesn't work when I copy paste the .dll files into the Plugins folder in the Rainmeter folder in ProgamFiles. I'm on Windows 10 btw
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

emieldeswart wrote:It still doesn't work when I copy paste the .dll files into the Plugins folder in the Rainmeter folder in ProgamFiles. I'm on Windows 10 btw
3rd-party plugins don't go in C:\Program Files\Rainmeter\Plugins

They go in:

C:\Users\YourName\AppData\Roaming\Rainmeter\Plugins
.raptor

Post by .raptor »

jsmorley wrote: 3rd-party plugins don't go in C:\Program Files\Rainmeter\Plugins

They go in:

C:\Users\YourName\AppData\Roaming\Rainmeter\Plugins
Still does not explain why the rmskin doesn't install as it should. Would you mind testing it at your end? Everything works just fine here, but it seems several users have had to extract manually.
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

.raptor wrote: Still does not explain why the rmskin doesn't install as it should. Would you mind testing it at your end? Everything works just fine here, but it seems several users have had to extract manually.
http://rainmeter.net/forum/download/file.php?id=10897 works fine for me. Downloads fine and the .rmskin installs as expected and puts the plugins in the right places.

3.3.0 beta r2461 64-bit (Aug 15 2015)
Windows 10 Pro Insider Preview 64-bit (build 10525)
Path: C:\Program Files\Rainmeter\
IniFile: C:\Users\Jeffrey\AppData\Roaming\Rainmeter\Rainmeter.ini
SkinPath: C:\Users\Jeffrey\Documents\Rainmeter\Skins\

Google Chrome Version 44.0.2403.157 m

The only time I would expect the .rmskin to fail is if something has "modified" it in any way during the download process or on the user's computer before it is installed. That would generally point to either some hideous old version of Internet Explorer, or some malware in the user's browser or on their computer.
.raptor

Post by .raptor »

Thank you, I'm going to assume there was some other mishaps in the other cases then. :thumbup:
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

.raptor wrote:Thank you, I'm going to assume there was some other mishaps in the other cases then. :thumbup:
The only time I would expect the .rmskin to fail is if something has "modified" it in any way during the download process or on the user's computer before it is installed. That would generally point to either some hideous old version of Internet Explorer, or some malware in the user's browser or on their computer.

We have some protections built-into the .rmskin. If it is modified in any way, even by one byte, it will refuse to install.
flip

Post by flip »

At this point I am convinced that Spotify webhelper just doesn't like me. Of course, I get the feeling that if I went over and asked why their webhelper isn't working on my computer wouldn't really get me a solution.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
snyderxc

Post by snyderxc »

It's really strange. It just randomly stopped working for me too. It was working like a charm for the longest time. Nothing in the Rainmeter logs, or in the Windows Event Logs. It just doesn't get anything. Title, album art, artist.... Nothing.