It is currently May 26th, 2024, 8:50 am

Spotify Plugin Released! Now with less bugs!

Plugins and Addons popular with the Community
emieldeswart

Re: Spotify Plugin Released! Now with less bugs!

Post by emieldeswart »

jsmorley wrote: 3rd-party plugins don't go in C:\Program Files\Rainmeter\Plugins

They go in:

C:\Users\YourName\AppData\Roaming\Rainmeter\Plugins
Still doesn't work
jrjoamir

Post by jrjoamir »

jsmorley wrote: The only time I would expect the .rmskin to fail is if something has "modified" it in any way during the download process or on the user's computer before it is installed. That would generally point to either some hideous old version of Internet Explorer, or some malware in the user's browser or on their computer.
I have almost the same configuration as yours, the only differences is that I use Windows 10 Home, updated from Windows 7, and Firefox 40.0.4, instead of Chrome. Paths and folders are the same and same rainmeter version. Still the new plugin only worked when I extracted it and manually placed it in the plugin folder
"Ideas are far more powerful than guns. We don't allow our enemies to have guns, why should we allow them to have ideas?"
Joseph Stalin
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

jrjoamir wrote: I have almost the same configuration as yours, the only differences is that I use Windows 10 Home, updated from Windows 7, and Firefox 40.0.4, instead of Chrome. Paths and folders are the same and same rainmeter version. Still the new plugin only worked when I extracted it and manually placed it in the plugin folder
I'd be running MalwareBytes on my system and looking for rogue extensions in Firefox if it were me. Something is modifying the .rmskin when you download it or when you execute it, and that can never be good.
dragons4life

Post by dragons4life »

Album art and track name and info not showing at all. also not updating, it just stays on this one art.

snyderxc

Post by snyderxc »

I'm on Windows 10. It was working at first and randomly stopped. Not sure how to go about debugging.
lieutenantlz

Post by lieutenantlz »

snyderxc wrote:I'm on Windows 10. It was working at first and randomly stopped. Not sure how to go about debugging.
Exact same problem I'm having. The plugin was working perfectly fine and now it's not. What's going on???? (updated the plugin and installed manually and with installer, installer verified. Reinstalled rainmeter many times.)
JoshuaVL1988

Post by JoshuaVL1988 »

lieutenantlz wrote: Exact same problem I'm having. The plugin was working perfectly fine and now it's not. What's going on???? (updated the plugin and installed manually and with installer, installer verified. Reinstalled rainmeter many times.)
Same on my end. The plugin doesn't seem to work anymore.
.raptor

Post by .raptor »

The plugin works perfectly fine on my laptop, just upgraded to Windows 10 and did a reinstall of Rainmeter(r2386). Not running the latest version of Spotify yet, so I'll check back in when its updated.

EDIT:
Updated Spotify to 1.0.10.107, and the plugin is not working for me anymore either.

EDIT2:
After reinstalling Spotify, because it wouldn't update to 1.0.11.134, everything seems to be working again. Please make sure that you have 1.0.11 installed.
milesdrew

Post by milesdrew »

So then does this mean it will forever be broken with older versions? I really disliked how they changed things in newer updates and run version 0.9.15.27. I would really rather not have to update to use this plugin.
lieutenantlz

Post by lieutenantlz »

GREAT. The plugin seems to be working now! I'll post if there are any problems thanks for the confirmation raptor.

EDIT: Never mind...not working again?? Really. It was working for 1 song, dammit.