It is currently May 19th, 2024, 2:48 am

Spotify Plugin Released! Now with less bugs!

Plugins and Addons popular with the Community
JoshuaVL1988

Re: Spotify Plugin Released! Now with less bugs!

Post by JoshuaVL1988 »

That's the same version I'm running but it still doesn't work. Not sure what's causing this, lol.
.raptor

Post by .raptor »

milesdrew wrote:So then does this mean it will forever be broken with older versions? I really disliked how they changed things in newer updates and run version 0.9.15.27. I would really rather not have to update to use this plugin.
I run 0.9.15 on my other PC as well (Win7), for the exact same reasons. I do not have access to it now, but everything was working well on Thursday. Since i need to be running both versions for testing, i have the old Spotify in %appdata%/SpotifyOld/. The plugin is running the SpotifyWebHelper.exe from %appdata%/Spotify/. So if you want to use it with Spotify in a different location than default, you would have to run the web helper from that location manually, before you start Rainmeter. If this is not the issue, then i have no idea, as it is working on my end.
lieutenantlz wrote:GREAT. The plugin seems to be working now! I'll post if there are any problems thanks for the confirmation raptor.

EDIT: Never mind...not working again?? Really. It was working for 1 song, dammit.
Try manually killing SpotifyWebHelper.exe, I've had several cases where it "freezes".
swndlr

Post by swndlr »

This fixed my problem :D
Thank you SOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH <3
lieutenantlz

Post by lieutenantlz »

Try manually killing SpotifyWebHelper.exe, I've had several cases where it "freezes".
didn't work
snyderxc

Post by snyderxc »

Tried reinstalling Spotify, but it didn't help. Version 1.0.11.134.ga37df67b

Sigh, maybe it'll start working later :/
flip

Post by flip »

Well things still don't work for me, most everything is the same as your settings. I have previously reinstalled Spotify, tried reinstalling Rainmeter too this time.

Versions:
Spotify: 1.0.11.134.ga37df67b
Rainmeter: 3.2.1 r2386 64-bit (Mar 24 2015) (also tried 32-bit)

Something I noticed (and this might be entirely normal, or a RM thing and not related to your plugin) is that what I get for values in the skin are different in the 64-bit version of Rainmeter (first below) than they are in the 32-bit version (second below).

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Edit: To be honest, I still suspect the issue might actually be one on Spotify's end with the WebHelper, but I don't currently have the knowledge or inclination to test that by writing my own code to get some values out of WebHelper.

Edit2: To clarify, I wonder if the issue is not with SpotifyPlugin giving data to the skin, or SpotifyPlugin not grabbing data from WebHelper, but WebHelper not giving up its data to SpotifyPlugin.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
milesdrew

Post by milesdrew »

Interesting, I have Spotify installed in the standard directories, including WebHelper being in the standard appdata folder but I did indeed have to kill WebHelper and run it again before starting Rainmeter and so far it seems to work.

After some testing it seems that if I close Spotify completely (even though the WebHelper continues to run) when I reopen Spotify the plug in stops working and I have to once again close Rainemter, restart the WebHelper, then restart Rainmeter to get it working again.

Edit: After some more testing it seems to be even more temperamental than that, what I did to get it working again doesn't seem to work with any degree of consistency as now it no longer works and I can't get it working again.
redsaph

Post by redsaph »

Hey raptor!

I was wondering if is it possible to force refresh the plugin?

Here's the case:
  1. There is a Spotify skin open in Rainmeter and the Spotify app is open too.
  2. I close the Spotify application.
  3. The Spotify skin doesn't change state.
  4. I re-open the Spotify application and then press play
  5. The Spotify skin doesn't update until after 2 minutes or so
I was thinking that maybe if the Spotify app is re-opened, the Spotify plugin resets and updates automatically.

I hope you understood me xD
Rainmeter-er since 2013 :welcome: | My DeviantART
.raptor

Post by .raptor »

milesdrew wrote:Interesting, I have Spotify installed in the standard directories, including WebHelper being in the standard appdata folder but I did indeed have to kill WebHelper and run it again before starting Rainmeter and so far it seems to work.

After some testing it seems that if I close Spotify completely (even though the WebHelper continues to run) when I reopen Spotify the plug in stops working and I have to once again close Rainemter, restart the WebHelper, then restart Rainmeter to get it working again.

Edit: After some more testing it seems to be even more temperamental than that, what I did to get it working again doesn't seem to work with any degree of consistency as now it no longer works and I can't get it working again.
I will look into this, but i cant promise anything. As the problems are so random and temporary, they are very hard to reproduce.
redsaph wrote:Hey raptor!

I was wondering if is it possible to force refresh the plugin?

Here's the case:
  1. There is a Spotify skin open in Rainmeter and the Spotify app is open too.
  2. I close the Spotify application.
  3. The Spotify skin doesn't change state.
  4. I re-open the Spotify application and then press play
  5. The Spotify skin doesn't update until after 2 minutes or so
I was thinking that maybe if the Spotify app is re-opened, the Spotify plugin resets and updates automatically.

I hope you understood me xD
Good suggestion, I will add this next patch!
Diehard40k

Post by Diehard40k »

Hi, I just downloaded and started using this plugin today. It has been working great so far on Windows 7 with Spotify version 1.0.12.161 and I have been fixing/modifying my Spotify skin for several hours now. I have run into an issue that seems to be exactly what others have already posted, with a weird twist...

The plugin and skin works great until I close the Spotify program. Once it's closed whatever album art was showing gets stuck and the plugin stops sending updates from Spotify until I completely close and restart Rainmeter. The weird part is that 75% of the time Spotify will revert to default on some of it's settings. It will re-open the Friend Feed panel, set the volume back to 100%, disable shuffle and repeat, reset Last.fm account info for scrobbling, and disable the "minimize to tray" option in advanced settings.

Spotify had reset itself before I opened it for the first time today, which was before I installed and starting using the plugin. I'm not 100% sure but I think there was an update yesterday to the Spotify program which is what I suspected had caused the loss of some program settings. It may just be a coincidence, but could Spotify's odd behavior be the cause of the plugin ceasing to respond on closing the Spotify program?

Also, looking at the task manager I have two Spotify.exe *32 processes, a SpotifyCrashService.exe *32, and a SpotifyWebHelper.exe *32.

Hope this helps!