It is currently May 26th, 2024, 11:24 pm

Spotify Plugin Released! Now with less bugs!

Plugins and Addons popular with the Community
.raptor

Re: Spotify Plugin Released! Now with less bugs!

Post by .raptor »

flip wrote: Here you go.
Well, this is getting weirder and weirder. This is pretty much the same code as in the plugin, yet it doesn't fail like the plugin does.

We can also try the debugger I'm using when developing, but it doesn't create a log, so i would need a screenshot. Spotify has to be running as well.
flip

Post by flip »

Screenshot attached.

Might be "as expected", but I thought I would share some issues I had getting the debugger to run just in case they are relevant. Firstly, the .exe only worked if I left it in the .rar. When I initially tried to run it after extraction it would not work (one would argue it should be the other way around). Also running it would crash rainmeter, which might be fine as well.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
dragons4life

Post by dragons4life »

Does the version of rainmeter matter? currently using 3.2.1 r2386 64bit with spotify 0.9.15.27

-Album and Track not showing/loading

Updating to the Beta version of rainmeter made it work correctly.

.raptor

Post by .raptor »

flip wrote:Screenshot attached.

Might be "as expected", but I thought I would share some issues I had getting the debugger to run just in case they are relevant. Firstly, the .exe only worked if I left it in the .rar. When I initially tried to run it after extraction it would not work (one would argue it should be the other way around). Also running it would crash rainmeter, which might be fine as well.
It should indeed be the other way around, and it should not affect Rainmeter at all. The screenshot is just as expected tho. Do you mind upgrading to the latest beta of Rainmeter?
dragons4life wrote:Updating to the Beta version of rainmeter made it work correctly.
Well, I don't know why it would make a difference, but I'm glad it is working.
flip

Post by flip »

.raptor wrote:It should indeed be the other way around, and it should not affect Rainmeter at all. The screenshot is just as expected tho. Do you mind upgrading to the latest beta of Rainmeter?
Just upgraded to 3.3, no luck. Though I found that your log.txt has a bit more info than repeated ResponseStatusLine errors. Much more interesting this time. Not sure if that will actually make it more helpful though :P

Also I have some thought that it might indeed be an issue on webhelpers end, mostly due to the fact your "ResponseStatusLine" matches the "BadStatusLine" error I get when trying a python script that uses the webhelper API. This would mean that, for whatever reason, webhelper is sending an odd status code with its HTTP request, either because the webhelper is broken or the file is getting corrupted on route.

At least, that is what I think :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
.raptor

Post by .raptor »

flip wrote: Just upgraded to 3.3, no luck. Though I found that your log.txt has a bit more info than repeated ResponseStatusLine errors. Much more interesting this time. Not sure if that will actually make it more helpful though :P

Also I have some thought that it might indeed be an issue on webhelpers end, mostly due to the fact your "ResponseStatusLine" matches the "BadStatusLine" error I get when trying a python script that uses the webhelper API. This would mean that, for whatever reason, webhelper is sending an odd status code with its HTTP request, either because the webhelper is broken or the file is getting corrupted on route.

At least, that is what I think :)
You are probably right, I just hadn't thought of a local error as the issue at all, but that's what i get for throwing so general exceptions i guess :D. I am however really curious about what the issue might be. Have you tried a clean Spotify installation?
flip

Post by flip »

.raptor wrote:You are probably right, I just hadn't thought of a local error as the issue at all, but that's what i get for throwing so general exceptions i guess :D. I am however really curious about what the issue might be. Have you tried a clean Spotify installation?
I have, just tried again though with no new results. I guess I'll go bother Spotify about it. Assuming I can find a real Spotify support anyways (I doubt their community forum will be of much use, but who knows I guess).

Edit: Oh they DO have a regular support system they just have a terrible web layout that is very badly designed and mapped.
dragons4life

Post by dragons4life »

.raptor wrote:
Well, I don't know why it would make a difference, but I'm glad it is working.
Did you make it so that spotify has to be open 24/7? because I can't minimize it when I am running rainmeter now, reopens as soon as I minimize it.
.raptor

Post by .raptor »

dragons4life wrote: Did you make it so that spotify has to be open 24/7? because I can't minimize it when I am running rainmeter now, reopens as soon as I minimize it.
Nope, the only interaction my plugin actually have with Spotify is to check if there is a process called "Spotify.exe" that is running and that is pretty much it.
dragons4life

Post by dragons4life »

.raptor wrote: Nope, the only interaction my plugin actually have with Spotify is to check if there is a process called "Spotify.exe" that is running and that is pretty much it.
Can you explain this? I guess I have to reinstall spotify?
https://vid.me/duR8

re-installing to the newest version fixed it. kind of sad since I hate the newer versions.