It is currently May 17th, 2024, 8:52 am

Spotify Plugin Released! Now with less bugs!

Plugins and Addons popular with the Community
emieldeswart

Re: Spotify Plugin Released! Now with less bugs!

Post by emieldeswart »

.raptor wrote: Are you using the Rainmeter beta or the release? If you are using the release, try updating to the 3.3 beta.
Already tried both versions you mentioned
exper1mental

Post by exper1mental »

I have a small AlbumArt suggestion. For some skins it would be very nice to have the AlbumArt file in the skin rather than the normal directory. This allows for the skin creator to choose and set the default album art so that it matches their skin. Not a big deal, but if it isn't hard to add it would be very handy.
Burn-E99

Post by Burn-E99 »

Something random that I noticed about your skin: The CPU usage by Rainmeter is considerably higher when using your skin. The jump sometimes is only about 10% more, but I have seen it jump up to about 20% or more at times. This is not the best for my computer, as I have a older CORE i3. I still think this skin looks quite amazing, and I would consider using your skin again, if my PC was better.
.raptor

Post by .raptor »

Burn-E99 wrote:Something random that I noticed about your skin: The CPU usage by Rainmeter is considerably higher when using your skin. The jump sometimes is only about 10% more, but I have seen it jump up to about 20% or more at times. This is not the best for my computer, as I have a older CORE i3. I still think this skin looks quite amazing, and I would consider using your skin again, if my PC was better.
You could try to set the Update option to a higher number, but that would introduce lag to the meter animations. Only using 0.33% on average here, and i have a AMD FX-6100.
exper1mental wrote:I have a small AlbumArt suggestion. For some skins it would be very nice to have the AlbumArt file in the skin rather than the normal directory. This allows for the skin creator to choose and set the default album art so that it matches their skin. Not a big deal, but if it isn't hard to add it would be very handy.
I'll look into it :)
flip

Post by flip »

flip wrote: I have, just tried again though with no new results. I guess I'll go bother Spotify about it. Assuming I can find a real Spotify support anyways (I doubt their community forum will be of much use, but who knows I guess).

Edit: Oh they DO have a regular support system they just have a terrible web layout that is very badly designed and mapped.
And somewhat unsurprisingly, Spotify won't help. Oh well, guess I'll just check in every now and then and hope spotifywebhelper sends proper responses again for me one day :)
darcilicious

Post by darcilicious »

.raptor wrote: Mind posting the Spotify.ini here? Would also like to make sure the .dll in C:\Users\USER\AppData\Roaming\Rainmeter\Plugins is actually version 1.2.1.0 (properties -> details).
EDIT: You can also try installing the dll below manually.
Sorry I didn't respond to your request -- I didn't get any thread updated notifications like I thought I would.

Just installed the latest release and Wowza, not only does it work but it looks great too! (haven't used it in a loooooong time it seems)

Thanks for your most excellent work! :thumbup:
Diehard40k

Post by Diehard40k »

So I can't tell if the newest version has fixed my issue or not. It has frozen once and was causing Rainmeter to grind until I restarted the computer. Since the reboot it seems to be working fine except for how it is interacting with my skin (not a new issue either, just thought it was related to the freezing plugin thing before). My skin checks to see if Spotify is running or not and then toggles visibility of the track info with a "click to launch" meter. The old "now playing" plugin used to work with this perfectly, but for some reason, using the SpotifyPlugin causes the song info meters to ignore the !RainmeterShow/HideMeter bangs. I'll paste my skin code below in case it helps.

Oh and Spotify is still forgetting some settings like LastFM login, last volume, and friend feed view settings, when I close it 50% of the time. It's doing it on another computer I own that is not suing your plugin though, so I'm sure it's not the plugin causing it, but I'm not sure Spotify isn't causing some of the other weird behaviors of the plugin.
[Rainmeter]
Update=1000

[Variables]
Font=Trebuchet MS
Size=7
Size2=8
Opacity=255
skinWidth=170
skinHeight=230
Colour=FFFFFF
Colour2=80C0FF

MusicPlayer=Spotify
SpotifyPATH=C:\...\spotify.exe

[mProcessPID]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=Process
ProcessName=spotify.exe

[mRunning]
Measure=Calc
Formula=mProcessPID
ifEqualValue=1
ifEqualAction=[!RainmeterHideMeter MeterTitle][!RainmeterShowMeter MeterPaused][!RainmeterShowMeter MeterTrack][!RainmeterShowMeter MeterAlbum][!RainmeterShowMeter MeterArtist][!RainmeterHideMeter PlaySpotify][!RainmeterShowMeter PauseSpotify][!RainmeterShowMeter MeterCover][!RainmeterHideMeter MeterCoverSpotify]
ifBelowValue=1
ifBelowAction=[!RainmeterShowMeter MeterTitle][!RainmeterHideMeter MeterPaused][!RainmeterHideMeter MeterTrack][!RainmeterHideMeter MeterAlbum][!RainmeterHideMeter MeterArtist][!RainmeterShowMeter PlaySpotify][!RainmeterHideMeter PauseSpotify][!RainmeterHideMeter MeterCover][!RainmeterShowMeter MeterCoverSpotify]
;UpdateDivider=0,0001

[mState]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=Plugins\WindowMessagePlugin.dll
WindowClass=SpotifyMainWindow
IfMatch=Spotify
IfMatchAction=[!RainmeterShowMeter MeterPaused][!RainmeterHideMeter MeterTrack][!RainmeterHideMeter MeterAlbum][!RainmeterHideMeter MeterArtist][!RainmeterShowMeter PlaySpotify][!RainmeterHideMeter PauseSpotify]
IfNotMatchAction=[!RainmeterHideMeter MeterPaused][!RainmeterShowMeter MeterTrack][!RainmeterShowMeter MeterAlbum][!RainmeterShowMeter MeterArtist][!RainmeterHideMeter PlaySpotify][!RainmeterShowMeter PauseSpotify]
IfMatchMode=1

[MeasureTrack]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=SpotifyPlugin.dll
Type=TrackName
UpdateDivider=100

[MeasureAlbum]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=SpotifyPlugin.dll
Type=AlbumName
UpdateDivider=100

[MeasureArtist]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=SpotifyPlugin.dll
Type=ArtistName
UpdateDivider=100

[MeasureCover]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=SpotifyPlugin.dll
Type=AlbumArt
Res=300

; METERS
[MeterBG]
Meter=IMAGE
MeterStyle=styleBorder
W=#skinWidth#
H=#skinHeight#
SolidColor=0,0,0,1

[MeterBorder1]
Meter=IMAGE
MeterStyle=styleBorder
X=10
W=(#skinWidth#-20)
H=1
SolidColor=255,255,255,50

[MeterTitle]
Meter=String
Text=Spotify Player#CRLF#Click to launch
X=10
Y=5R
W=(#skinWidth#-20)
H=(#skinHeight#-10)
FontColor=#Colour2#
FontSize=#Size2#
FontFace=#Font#
StringStyle=BOLD
;StringEffect=SHADOW
FontEffectColor=000000
AntiAlias=1
SolidColor=0,0,0,1
LeftMouseUpAction=!Execute ["#SpotifyPATH#"]

[MeterPaused]
Meter=String
Text=Spotify Player#CRLF#Paused
X=0r
Y=0r
W=(#skinWidth#-20)
H=#skinHeight#
FontColor=#Colour2#
FontSize=#Size2#
FontFace=#Font#
StringStyle=BOLD
AntiAlias=1

[MeterTrack]
Meter=STRING
MeasureName=MeasureTrack
X=0r
Y=0r
Text=%1
FontColor=#Colour#
FontSize=#Size2#
FontFace=#Font#
StringStyle=BOLD
AntiAlias=1
ClipString=2

[MeterAlbum]
Meter=STRING
MeasureName=MeasureAlbum
X=0r
Y=0R
W=(#skinWidth#-20)
H=14
Text=%1
FontColor=#Colour2#
FontSize=#Size#
FontFace=#Font#
AntiAlias=1
ClipString=2

[MeterArtist]
Meter=STRING
MeasureName=MeasureArtist
X=0r
Y=0R
W=(#skinWidth#-20)
H=14
Text=%1
FontColor=#Colour2#
FontSize=#Size#
FontFace=#Font#
AntiAlias=1
ClipString=2

[MeterCoverSpotify]
Meter=Image
ImageName=Spotify.png
X=0r
Y=50
W=(#skinWidth# - 20)
H=(#skinWidth# - 20)
DynamicVariables=1
SolidColor=0,0,0,1

[MeterCover]
Meter=Image
ImageName=[MeasureCover]
X=0r
Y=0R
W=(#skinWidth# - 20)
H=(#skinWidth# - 20)
DynamicVariables=1
SolidColor=0,0,0,1

[PauseSpotify]
Meter=Image
ImageName=Pause.png
X=(#skinWidth#/2)-13
Y=-25R
AntiAlias=1
SolidColor=0,0,0,100

[PlaySpotify]
Meter=Image
ImageName=Play.png
X=0r
Y=0r
AntiAlias=1
SolidColor=0,0,0,100

[PlayPauseHotspot]
Meter=Image
;ImageName=Play.png
X=0r
Y=0r
H=25
W=25
SolidColor=0,0,0,1
LeftMouseUpAction=["#CURRENTPATH#spotifyctrl.exe" /playpause]

[PrevSpotify]
Meter=Image
ImageName=Prev.png
X=-25r
Y=0r
AntiAlias=1
SolidColor=0,0,0,100
LeftMouseUpAction=["#CURRENTPATH#spotifyctrl.exe" /prev]

[NextSpotify]
Meter=Image
ImageName=Next.png
X=25R
Y=0r
AntiAlias=1
SolidColor=0,0,0,100
LeftMouseUpAction=["#CURRENTPATH#spotifyctrl.exe" /next]
Nexavus

Post by Nexavus »

Any advice for getting this to work with http://mordasius.deviantart.com/art/Steampunk-Cogs-Tubes-and-Gauges-346425526 ? It says it has spotify support but I can't get it to display any track info, artist name, or album art. Thanks in advance!
Diehard40k

Post by Diehard40k »

Nexavus wrote:Any advice for getting this to work with http://mordasius.deviantart.com/art/Steampunk-Cogs-Tubes-and-Gauges-346425526 ? It says it has spotify support but I can't get it to display any track info, artist name, or album art. Thanks in advance!
Just reading the description... it looks like it's using the NowPlaying plugin which doesn't work anymore with Spotify. You'll need to contact the skin creator and have them modify the skin to use this SpotifyPlugin plugin or dig through the code and change it yourself.

You could also just use the awesome Spotify skin that comes with this plugin. :thumbup:
Nexavus

Post by Nexavus »

Diehard40k wrote: Just reading the description... it looks like it's using the NowPlaying plugin which doesn't work anymore with Spotify. You'll need to contact the skin creator and have them modify the skin to use this SpotifyPlugin plugin or dig through the code and change it yourself.

You could also just use the awesome Spotify skin that comes with this plugin. :thumbup:
I do use the skin that comes with the plugin for one of my layouts, but I like to flop back and forth, and my current one is a steampunk-Lovecraftian themed thing, so it sticks out like a sore thumb. I have reached out to the creator, though, and he said he will look into it :D