It is currently May 17th, 2024, 9:22 am

Spotify Plugin Released! Now with less bugs!

Plugins and Addons popular with the Community
Mordasius

Re: Spotify Plugin Released! Now with less bugs!

Post by Mordasius »

I'm having no luck with this plugin. I've tried the various fixes suggested in recent posts but it seems that the plugin is not responding. The Plugin=SpotifyPlugin.dll measures are all null and I can't even generate a debug file. Tested using:

Windows 7 64-bit (build 7601) Service Pack 1
Spotify 1.0.13.108. and 1.0.9.133.
Rainmeter 3.3.0 beta r2461 64-bit (Aug 15 2015)
SpotifyPlugin.dll 1.2.2.0

@ Nexavus: sorry but the Spotify version of the CT&Gs music player will have to be put on hold until I can get this plugin working on my machine.
flip

Post by flip »

Mordasius wrote:I'm having no luck with this plugin. I've tried the various fixes suggested in recent posts but it seems that the plugin is not responding. The Plugin=SpotifyPlugin.dll measures are all null and I can't even generate a debug file. Tested using:

Windows 7 64-bit (build 7601) Service Pack 1
Spotify 1.0.13.108. and 1.0.9.133.
Rainmeter 3.3.0 beta r2461 64-bit (Aug 15 2015)
SpotifyPlugin.dll 1.2.2.0

@ Nexavus: sorry but the Spotify version of the CT&Gs music player will have to be put on hold until I can get this plugin working on my machine.
If you check back a few pages you might find some dll's raptor was giving me to try and debug my issue, but your symptoms sound similar to the problem I was having, which is basically that all values return null or 0 and otherwise it doesn't respond.

Regardless, if you get the right dll's for the output and send them raptors way, that would probably help. Assuming the "fixes" and debug reports wasn't those anyways.
.raptor

Post by .raptor »

Just a little update for you guys, since my last post is about a week ago!

I have not given up on resolving the issues you are having. I just find it very demotivating, as the issue does not really seem to be the plugin alone. If I thought it would help, I would have contacted Spotify a long time ago, but they have already been quite clear that the API I'm using is not for public use. They also added that it can be removed at any given point, without prior warning. This was not a deterrent enough for me when i started this plugin, but has come up every time there has been issues with it, and on several occasions the issues have resolved them self the very next Spotify update (as was the case with 1.0.11).

On top of all this I found the AppleScript Spotify API. It shows how easy it would be from Spotify's side to implement something that actually works, and shows that they are willing to let application data be shared with other programs. I do have high hopes of something similar for windows, and would switch to that immediately.

There is still the (not so unlikely) possibility of me having messed up something along the way, and the project is now hosted on github. If any developer more experienced than me can find a solution, I would be very happy to add it. :???:
mr.derek

Post by mr.derek »

Sorry to hear that raptor, thanks for all your work with this plugin!
.raptor

Post by .raptor »

Would be grateful if someone that is experiencing issues could try the debugger attached below. The console it opens will hopefully give a clue about why it wont work for some.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
twitch

Post by twitch »

I too haven't been able to get track title etc. working for a while.

The debugger exe outputs this:

WARNING: invalid token
DEBUG: fetching new token
DEBUG: received token XXXXXX...
current track title - artist

Uncommenting measureDEBUG in player.ini does not open a command prompt, instead there's a new line in the rainmeter log: Type=DEBUG not valid

version info:
3.3.0 beta r2402 64-bit (Apr 6 2015)
Windows 8.1 Enterprise 64-bit (build 9600)
mr.derek

Post by mr.derek »

Hi raptor

I don't know if this is what you were after but:
I seem to be getting an invalid token warning. Playing a track, changing songs/stopping didn't seem to make a difference.

Versions:
Rainmeter: 3.3.0 beta r2423 July 31 2015
SpotifyPlugin.DLL 1.2.2.0
Windows 10
Spotify: 1.0.14.124

Hope this helps!
.raptor

Post by .raptor »

twitch wrote:I too haven't been able to get track title etc. working for a while.

The debugger exe outputs this:

WARNING: invalid token
DEBUG: fetching new token
DEBUG: received token XXXXXX...
current track title - artist

Uncommenting measureDEBUG in player.ini does not open a command prompt, instead there's a new line in the rainmeter log: Type=DEBUG not valid

version info:
3.3.0 beta r2402 64-bit (Apr 6 2015)
Windows 8.1 Enterprise 64-bit (build 9600)
You must be using an older version of the plugin. Download from the first post and make sure it overwrites the old one (if versions are the same). You could also manually copy the SpotifyPlugin.dll that came with the debugger in my last post into %APPDATA%/Rainmeter/Plugins/.

mr.derek wrote:Hi raptor

I don't know if this is what you were after but:
I seem to be getting an invalid token warning. Playing a track, changing songs/stopping didn't seem to make a difference.

Versions:
Rainmeter: 3.3.0 beta r2423 July 31 2015
SpotifyPlugin.DLL 1.2.2.0
Windows 10
Spotify: 1.0.14.124

Hope this helps!
Exactly what i was after. Try to open "https://open.spotify.com/token" in your browser, and make sure it gives a reply like this: {"t":"[i]long key[/i]"}. As it probably does, try running the debugger with admin privileges and/or make an exception for it in your firewall.

I will also add a new version of the debugger below. It will have argument options to specify both the timeout for the webclient and giving it a token you found manually. So we can figure out if waiting absurdly long for the token, or just feeding it manually resolves the issue. Used my last token in the example below. Standard timeout is 1000ms.

Debugger.exe -timeout 2000 -token NAowChgKB1Nwb3RpZnkSABoGmAEByAEBJccj-VUSFO30ZruFNNwzFMObgL9HOKAR57a-

EDIT: Seems like specifying token does not work, as i have a suspicion its related to what user agent (browser/program) you are using. The timeout option is implemented as it should. Added a bat file that runs the debugger with 10 seconds timeout.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
mr.derek

Post by mr.derek »

Hi!

The time delay seems to have worked for me:

This is at 10 seconds:
I played around with the delay time to see the minimum time for it to work, here it seems to break at 1 second:
And then working again at 2 seconds:
I don't really understand it fully, but I hope this helps!
.raptor

Post by .raptor »

mr.derek wrote:Hi!

The time delay seems to have worked for me:

This is at 10 seconds:
I played around with the delay time to see the minimum time for it to work, here it seems to break at 1 second:
And then working again at 2 seconds:
I don't really understand it fully, but I hope this helps!
Got a fix planned, but you can use the version attached below for now. Just past it into %appdata%/Rainmeter/Plugins/. The timeout is now 5000ms, so if you are restarting spotify, wait at least 5 seconds before starting it back up.