It is currently May 2nd, 2024, 11:33 pm

Spotify Plugin Released! Now with less bugs!

Plugins and Addons popular with the Community
.raptor

Re: Spotify Plugin Released! Now with less bugs!

Post by .raptor »

@benjiman0
Should have expected something like this, as the same kind of issues is the reason i uninstalled AVG in the first place. I'm very happy that you solved it, and for taking the time to contact AVG about it.

The rainmeter console window staying blank is really weird. Make sure there is no SpotifyPlugin in Program Files\Rainmeter\Plugins\ and update the version in %appdata%\Rainmeter\Plugins\ to the one attached below. The debug meter should be changed to

Code: Select all

[MeasureDEBUG]
 Measure=Plugin
 Plugin=SpotifyPlugin.dll
 Type=DEBUG
 Verbosity=0
I'm currently working on a better way to handle the timeout, and giving skin creators a way to define default cover art. Other than that, we seem to be up and running again :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
flip

Post by flip »

benjiman0 wrote: So when you get into the interface for AVG, you're presented with 5 or so tiles, select web and then turn off LinkScanner...
Hey .raptor, 10/10 would recommend this gif for an OP section for things to do if it isn't working or something like that. Like a quick "try these possible fixes" section.
benjiman0

Post by benjiman0 »

.raptor wrote:@benjiman0
Should have expected something like this, as the same kind of issues is the reason i uninstalled AVG in the first place. I'm very happy that you solved it, and for taking the time to contact AVG about it.

The rainmeter console window staying blank is really weird. Make sure there is no SpotifyPlugin in Program Files\Rainmeter\Plugins\ and update the version in %appdata%\Rainmeter\Plugins\ to the one attached below. The debug meter should be changed to

[MeasureDEBUG]
 Measure=Plugin
 Plugin=SpotifyPlugin.dll
 Type=DEBUG
 Verbosity=0
I'm currently working on a better way to handle the timeout, and giving skin creators a way to define default cover art. Other than that, we seem to be up and running again :D
LEGEND!
So I removed all instances of the SpotigyPlugin.dll
Turns out there was one in the Program Files directory, it was identical to the one in %appdata% which is weird, because I do not remember placing it there... Oh well, the setup is running now! :D
If you ever want any assistance with this, I'm more than happy to help out should you need it!

AVG responded earlier today saying that they've got their LinkScanner team looking into it, they made no guarantees only because the plugin isn't signed by Spotify, but in terms of the issue that was at hand with it blocking access tokens, they're most certainly working on that.
In all reality if they patch the tokens for AVG's LinkScanner, there'd be no reason for your plugin to cause any issues anyway, because the only issue it had was when your plugin requests the token...
All should be good!

EDIT: Someone should seriously install a auto-image resizer for this forum! :D
Diehard40k

Post by Diehard40k »

Glad you AVG users figured out the issue. I stopped using it a log time ago and switch to Comodo Internet Security. It has been getting more and more annoying lately too though. It sandboxes alot of stuff and won't let you undo it easily anymore.

The only issue I'm still having is the plugin overriding the "show/hide meter" bangs in my skin for the track info meters. The album art meters toggle just fine. Any idea what would cause this?
benjiman0

Post by benjiman0 »

Diehard40k wrote:The only issue I'm still having is the plugin overriding the "show/hide meter" bangs in my skin for the track info meters. The album art meters toggle just fine. Any idea what would cause this?
Could you take a screenshot of what the problem is possibly?
.raptor

Post by .raptor »

Update!
Seems like some of you wanted something like this added... ;-)

[MeasurePath]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=SpotifyPlugin.dll
Type=AlbumArt
Res=300
DefaultPath=#@#Default.png
CoverPath=#@#Cover.png
Paths should work like they do in other Rainmeter meters. In the example above I have the default.png in C:\Users\Raptor\Documents\Rainmeter\Skins\SpotifyPlayer\@Resources\. Remember that Cover.png will be overwritten every album change.

Some stability improvements as well.
Last edited by .raptor on September 21st, 2015, 12:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
.raptor

Post by .raptor »

flip wrote:Hey .raptor, 10/10 would recommend this gif for an OP section for things to do if it isn't working or something like that. Like a quick "try these possible fixes" section.
This was actually 2nd on my list, after letting skin creators add a default image. :)
Diehard40k wrote: The only issue I'm still having is the plugin overriding the "show/hide meter" bangs in my skin for the track info meters. The album art meters toggle just fine. Any idea what would cause this?
Can you post the .ini?
exper1mental

Post by exper1mental »

.raptor wrote:Update!
Seems like some of you wanted something like this added... ;-)

[MeasurePath]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=SpotifyPlugin.dll
Type=AlbumArt
Res=300
DefaultPath=#@#Default.png
CoverPath=#@#Cover.png
Paths should work like they do in other Rainmeter meters. In the example above I have the default.png in C:\Users\Raptor\Documents\Rainmeter\Skins\SpotifyPlayer\@Resources\. Remember that Cover.png will be overwritten every album change.

Some stability improvements as well.
Thanks for the update! Already loving it in the music skin I'm working on. :D

Do you know if there is a way to use the DefaultPath image for cases when Spotify reverts to using its "stock cover" image?
StockSpotifyCover.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
.raptor

Post by .raptor »

exper1mental wrote:Do you know if there is a way to use the DefaultPath image for cases when Spotify reverts to using its "stock cover" image?
Got a fix in mind, but I'm going to need a few examples of any such tracks. (Can't find anything without album art, except local tracks)
benjiman0

Post by benjiman0 »

exper1mental wrote:Do you know if there is a way to use the DefaultPath image for cases when Spotify reverts to using its "stock cover" image?
Here's an example of the code used in my visualizer setup, this may or may not help assuming I understood what you wanted

[MeasureCover]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=SpotifyPlugin.dll
Type=AlbumArt
Substitute="":"#@#images\nocover.png"
UpdateDivider=100
Where 'Substitute' is the default cover to use if Spotify doesn't specify one