It is currently May 3rd, 2024, 12:33 am

Spotify Plugin Released! Now with less bugs!

Plugins and Addons popular with the Community
jsmorley
Developer

Re: Spotify Plugin Released! Now with less bugs!

Post by jsmorley »

borsTiHD wrote:My problem is also solved. :D :)
Don't really know why, but I change my "default" paths.

First I used the one in the example (didn't worked):

Code: Select all

DefaultPath=#@#Default.png
CoverPath=#@#Cover.png
Now I'm using this one and it works for me:

DefaultPath=./@Resources/Default.png
CoverPath=./@Resources/Cover.png
But I think it was a problem on my end, because I'm using a sub folder for my skin:
"C:\Users\borsTiHD\Documents\Rainmeter\Skins\borsTiHD\DasH - mod"

Maybe this was the reason?
But I thought the path "#@#Default.png" would direct to "my" ressource folder in the same folder I have my skin "*.ini" I load. :confused:
The problem is the spaces in your folder name. Try not to use spaces in folder or file names in the Rainmeter ..Skins\ folder. It can be managed by using "quotes" around the paths when you use them, but is just going to give you trouble in the long run.

This will be:
C:\Users\borsTiHD\Documents\Rainmeter\Skins\borsTiHD\DasH - mod\@Resources\Default.png
That has spaces in it, and that will cause problems.

DefaultPath=./@Resources/Default.png
That is using a "relative" path, relative to (starting in) the folder the skin is in, and so avoids the spaces in DasH - mod that is giving you trouble. This solution is not reliable. It will only work if the skin is actually at the "root" level of the config folder. If you have multiple skins that are in subfolders of the root config level, this is going to blow up on you.

You can fix it with:

DefaultPath=""#@#Default.png""

Since then explicit quotes are added to the option value when it is used. As you can see, you need two sets of "quotes", since the first (outside) set are seen by Rainmeter as just defining a string in Rainmeter itself, and are thrown away. The second (inside) set will actually be used as an explicit part of the path.

But really, really, really better not to use spaces, punctuation or special characters in folder or file names in Rainmeter. It just adds complexity to things, and is then something you have to remember to deal with any time you use a path to your files.

C:\Users\borsTiHD\Documents\Rainmeter\Skins\borsTiHD\DasH-mod\@Resources\Default.png

Much better...

In my view, this is why Windows 10 just does away with spaces in your default "personal" paths as much as possible. In earlier versions of Windows you might have had a Users folder of C:\Users\Jeffrey Morley, but in Windows 10 that will just be C:\Users\Jeffrey. In addition, they changed "My Documents" to just "Documents" for much the same reason. They just got sick and tired of dealing with the issues that spaces in those default folder locations was causing folks.
borsTiHD

Post by borsTiHD »

jsmorley wrote:...
Oh my... THANK YOU SO MUCH! :thumbup:
That was an awesome explanation.

Didn't thought on the stupid spaces... I should know that (programming a little php/html/css - for my personal webpage) and came into contact with it in the past. :oops: :p

Thanks. :D

€dit:
Oh, but then... why did "my" skin could still display the album art if I load the example skin together?

I mean, my skin used:

CoverPath=#@#Cover.png
But I simultaneous loaded the example skin.
And it worked...

I searched for the images and they were created here:

C:\Users\borsTiHD\Documents\Rainmeter\Skins\SpotifyPlayer\@Resources\Cover.png
Why could "my" skin still show the album art? :confused:
Or is it a thing that the example skin was the first one who "loaded" the spotify plugin?
Cerb3rus

Post by Cerb3rus »

Hi .raptor! First of all, thanks for the awesome plugin, I've been using it for months and I love it.

Don't worry, this post isn't about a bug or some other problem, it's just a curious thing I've found: In some rare cases your plugin will display a different cover art than Spotify.
Example:
It's not wrong, just art for a different album containing the same song. In this case, your plugin actually displays the correct cover art of the album from which the song in my playlist was taken, but Spotify for some reason shows the cover of another album.

So I'm curious: Where does your plugin get the album art from? If it's directly from the Spotify application, how is it possible that there are two different covers displayed? If not, where do you manage to always get the correct covers for even the most obscure albums?
Diehard40k

Post by Diehard40k »

.raptor wrote: Have no idea what was wrong, but i tried to simplify it a bit. Works the way i assumed it should now. You can remove the [!SetVariable State ""] bangs, they where just for debugging (and in case you need them at some point later).
Thanks Raptor! Works perfectly!
JoshuaVL1988

Post by JoshuaVL1988 »

I still need help with the volume control for the skin im editing. I'm pretty sure the issue is with the bangs for volume up and volume down but I don't know what to change them to. Here's the page my post is on

http://forum.rainmeter.net/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=17077&start=460

it's post number 16 of that page.
LeVvE

Post by LeVvE »

Is it still supposed to create the SpotifyPlugin folder in the Skins folder even though the covers are placed in @Resources?
.raptor

Post by .raptor »

LeVvE wrote:Is it still supposed to create the SpotifyPlugin folder in the Skins folder even though the covers are placed in @Resources?
No, but now that i think about it, I'm pretty sure it will happen in a lot of cases anyway. Hope its not too much of an inconvenience.
JoshuaVL1988 wrote:I still need help with the volume control for the skin im editing. I'm pretty sure the issue is with the bangs for volume up and volume down but I don't know what to change them to. Here's the page my post is on

http://forum.rainmeter.net/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=17077&start=460

it's post number 16 of that page.
The bangs should work just fine. The problem is that

[mVolume]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=NowPlaying.dll
PlayerName=[mPlayer]
PlayerType=VOLUME

should be 

[mVolume]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=SpotifyPlugin.dll
Type=VOLUME
Cerb3rus wrote:Hi .raptor! First of all, thanks for the awesome plugin, I've been using it for months and I love it.

Don't worry, this post isn't about a bug or some other problem, it's just a curious thing I've found: In some rare cases your plugin will display a different cover art than Spotify.
Example:
It's not wrong, just art for a different album containing the same song. In this case, your plugin actually displays the correct cover art of the album from which the song in my playlist was taken, but Spotify for some reason shows the cover of another album.

So I'm curious: Where does your plugin get the album art from? If it's directly from the Spotify application, how is it possible that there are two different covers displayed? If not, where do you manage to always get the correct covers for even the most obscure albums?
This will happen if you got a linked song from another album. Don't know if it still shows, but it used to have a "chain" symbol in the playlist, and you could click it for the linked song. Spotify does this to save some space internally, as storing the same song twice just because of a re-release would be quite inefficient. My plugin actually gets the cover of the album, not the song. (So it doesn't have to change if you play from the same album)
LeVvE

Post by LeVvE »

.raptor wrote: No, but now that i think about it, I'm pretty sure it will happen in a lot of cases anyway. Hope its not too much of an inconvenience.
I'd be a happy bunny if it could be fixed but I'm not going to sulk over it as it's not really an issue, I just like to keep my folders clean :)
.raptor

Post by .raptor »

borsTiHD wrote:Or is it a thing that the example skin was the first one who "loaded" the spotify plugin?
Spot on. I assume things work as expected if you load only your own skin as well?
LeVvE wrote: I'd be a happy bunny if it could be fixed but I'm not going to sulk over it as it's not really an issue, I just like to keep my folders clean :)
I'll sneak it in next patch :)

Thanks for the patience when waiting for reply everyone, and an extra thanks to people stepping in and solving issues for each other. :rosegift: I have very limited time for the project these days, but do know that I come by once in a while looking for issues that need patching.
EVOlutionz

Post by EVOlutionz »

Hi guys! Need some help with the plugin... I'm using the original Enigma skin that comes with it.. edited the measures to suit the plugin.. here's the thing.. the information only updates after some few minutes and it doesn't update my album cover while the previous 1.2.2.0 did.. skin update is set to 0...

my albumart is in the default location rainmeter/spotifyplugin

here's my measure script
[MeasureMediaPlayer]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=NowPlaying
PlayerName=Spotify
PlayerType=FILE

[MeasureTrack]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=SpotifyPlugin.dll
Type=TrackName

[MeasureAlbum]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=SpotifyPlugin
Type=AlbumName

[MeasureArtist]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=SpotifyPlugin
Type=ArtistName

[MeasureCover]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=SpotifyPlugin.dll
Type=AlbumArt
Res=60

[MeasureTimeDuration]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=SpotifyPlugin
Type=Length

[MeasureTimePosition]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=SpotifyPlugin
Type=Position

[MeasureTimeProgress]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=SpotifyPlugin
Type=Progress

[MeasureState]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=SpotifyPlugin
Type=Playing

[MeasureRepeat]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=SpotifyPlugin
Type=REPEAT

[MeasureShuffle]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=SpotifyPlugin
Type=shuffle

[MeasureVolume]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=AudioLevel
Port=Output
RMSAttack=150
RMSDecay=300
RMSGain=2.5
PeakAttack=20
PeakDecay=1000
PeakGain=2.5
Type=RMS
Channel=Sum
edit: It works better if i run .raptor's spotify player along.. only skips a few seconds compared to minutes