It is currently May 9th, 2024, 12:40 am

Gadgets 7.6.1 - inspired by AddGadgets.com Sidebar Gadgets

A package of skins with a "theme" or by a single author
mborghi

Re: Gadgets 7.5.0 - inspired by AddGadgets.com Sidebar Gadgets

Post by mborghi »

Hi
About the Drives meter, is any way of displaying the used/free space in percentage instead of GB/TB, etc?
If not, it will be a good option...Thanks!
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

mborghi wrote: August 18th, 2023, 1:57 pm Hi
About the Drives meter, is any way of displaying the used/free space in percentage instead of GB/TB, etc?
If not, it will be a good option...Thanks!
This is possible, but it would require quite a lot of work. I won't be implementing this as an option, but you can do this if you want. The percentage is already calculated (so the bars can be shown), but the meters that display the data would need to be changed. I'm thinking you'd need to add 26 new measures and revise 52 meters. I can give you the instructions if you want, it is fairly simple/straightforward but repetitive since everything needs to be repeated for each possible drive letter. Let me know...
Gadgets Wiki GitHub More Gadgets...
mborghi

Post by mborghi »

SilverAzide wrote: August 18th, 2023, 2:40 pm This is possible, but it would require quite a lot of work. I won't be implementing this as an option, but you can do this if you want. The percentage is already calculated (so the bars can be shown), but the meters that display the data would need to be changed. I'm thinking you'd need to add 26 new measures and revise 52 meters. I can give you the instructions if you want, it is fairly simple/straightforward but repetitive since everything needs to be repeated for each possible drive letter. Let me know...
Hey, thanks for the reply, if you have spare time, send them, it should be enough with instructions for one, I am a developer and would probably figure out myself how to repeat them. I already added a chassis fan meter.
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

mborghi wrote: August 18th, 2023, 2:53 pm I already added a chassis fan meter.
I noticed that; nice job! :thumbup:

OK, to adjust the Drives Meter, you'll need to add 26 Calc measures to calculate the percentage empty space. There are already measures for the filled space. In the Drives Meter.ini file, find the measure [MeasureDiskPercentFullA]. After this measure, add a new measure:

Code: Select all

[MeasureDiskPercentEmptyA]
Measure=Calc
Formula=MeasureDiskSpaceFreeA / MeasureDiskSpaceTotalA
Group=MeasureGroupA
Disabled=#HideDiskA#
Repeat this 25 more times for drives B to Z, changing the "A" suffix to the proper drive letter.

Next, open the DrivesText.inc file and find the pair of meters like these:

[DriveUsedA]
Text="Used: #TextDiskSpaceUsedA#B"

[DriveFreeA]
Text="Free: #TextDiskSpaceFreeA#B"
Change these measures as follows:

[DriveUsedA]
Text="Used: [MeasureDiskPercentFullA:%,2]%"

[DriveFreeA]
Text="Free: [MeasureDiskPercentEmptyA:%,2]%"
Repeat this for drives B to Z, changing the "A" suffix to the proper drive letter. I think that should do it; I didn't try it, but this should be close.
CoJoe

Post by CoJoe »

I have a bit of an odd issue now after upgrading my Graphics Card; the HWiNFOIndexList.txt does not list any GPU sensors, meaning I don't have any variables to plug into the HWiNFO Settings file. I tried deleting the indexlist and regenerate it, but the regenerated list didn't have the sensors either. I changed from an Nvidia RTX 3070 Ti to an AMD RX 7900 XTX, using DDU to uninstall all drivers before making the change.

Edit: FIXED! Had to redo the HWiNFO setup steps and reenable the sensors
CoJoe

Post by CoJoe »

Custom edits updated! It really is quite beautiful to see the three stats matching up; all that's missing is a GPU Temp meter instead of text, but I might be able to make one with some tinkering, since we have a throttle value.

SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

CoJoe wrote: August 20th, 2023, 7:49 pm Custom edits updated! It really is quite beautiful to see the three stats matching up; all that's missing is a GPU Temp meter instead of text, but I might be able to make one with some tinkering, since we have a throttle value.
Nice job. :thumbup:

Changing the temp to a bar is pretty easy.
Find the [MeasureGPUTemp] measure, and after that measure add the following additional measures:

[MeasureGPUThermalLimit]
Measure=Registry
RegHKey=HKEY_CURRENT_USER
RegKey=SOFTWARE\HWiNFO64\VSB
RegValue=ValueRaw[#HWiNFO_GPU[#GpuIndex]_ThermalLimit]
Group=HWiNFO
Disabled=1

[CalcGPUPercentTempMax]
Measure=Calc
Formula=((MeasureGPUTemp / MeasureGPUThermalLimit) * 100)
MinValue=0
MaxValue=100
Group=HWiNFO
Disabled=1
I did not attempt to suppress potential divide by zero errors, I'll leave that up to you. Also, notice you need to add three or so new HWiNFO variables, HWiNFO_GPU0_ThermalLimit through HWiNFO_GPU2_ThermalLimit (or just the one you plan on using). Set this variable's value to the Thermal Limit sensor index.

For the meters to display this data, you need to add several more meters. Find the meter [MeterGPUTempPrompt]. Replace this meter with the following:

[MeterBarBackgroundGPUPercentTempMax]
Meter=Image
MeterStyle=StyleBarBG | StyleAllBar
Y=5r

[MeterBarGPUPercentTempMax]
Meter=Bar
MeterStyle=StyleBar | StyleAllBar
MeasureName=CalcGPUPercentTempMax
BarColor=#PaletteColor1#
; uncomment if you want the bar to have a gradient color appearance
;BarImage=#@#BarGradient.png
Y=0r

[MeterBarCoverGPUPercentTempMax]
Meter=Image
MeterStyle=StyleBarCover | StyleAllBar
Y=0r

[MeterGPUTempPrompt]
Meter=String
MeterStyle=StyleTextBar
FontColor=#PaletteColor1#
Text="Temp"
Y=-5r
UpdateDivider=-1
I didn't test this, but it should get you close to what is in the next release of the Gadgets.
CoJoe

Post by CoJoe »

SilverAzide wrote: August 21st, 2023, 12:37 am Nice job. :thumbup:

Changing the temp to a bar is pretty easy.
Find the [MeasureGPUTemp] measure, and after that measure add the following additional measures:

[MeasureGPUThermalLimit]
Measure=Registry
RegHKey=HKEY_CURRENT_USER
RegKey=SOFTWARE\HWiNFO64\VSB
RegValue=ValueRaw[#HWiNFO_GPU[#GpuIndex]_ThermalLimit]
Group=HWiNFO
Disabled=1

[CalcGPUPercentTempMax]
Measure=Calc
Formula=((MeasureGPUTemp / MeasureGPUThermalLimit) * 100)
MinValue=0
MaxValue=100
Group=HWiNFO
Disabled=1
I did not attempt to suppress potential divide by zero errors, I'll leave that up to you. Also, notice you need to add three or so new HWiNFO variables, HWiNFO_GPU0_ThermalLimit through HWiNFO_GPU2_ThermalLimit (or just the one you plan on using). Set this variable's value to the Thermal Limit sensor index.

For the meters to display this data, you need to add several more meters. Find the meter [MeterGPUTempPrompt]. Replace this meter with the following:

[MeterBarBackgroundGPUPercentTempMax]
Meter=Image
MeterStyle=StyleBarBG | StyleAllBar
Y=5r

[MeterBarGPUPercentTempMax]
Meter=Bar
MeterStyle=StyleBar | StyleAllBar
MeasureName=CalcGPUPercentTempMax
BarColor=#PaletteColor1#
; uncomment if you want the bar to have a gradient color appearance
;BarImage=#@#BarGradient.png
Y=0r

[MeterBarCoverGPUPercentTempMax]
Meter=Image
MeterStyle=StyleBarCover | StyleAllBar
Y=0r

[MeterGPUTempPrompt]
Meter=String
MeterStyle=StyleTextBar
FontColor=#PaletteColor1#
Text="Temp"
Y=-5r
UpdateDivider=-1
I didn't test this, but it should get you close to what is in the next release of the Gadgets.
Thank you! I'll give this a try when I get home from work tomorrow! I'm excited also for the next release of gadgets, restarting my custom edits from the new release will be satisfying now that I know a bit more about what I'm doing :)
CoJoe

Post by CoJoe »

It works :) .. mostly

The Temp meter itself isn't showing range, but honestly this is plenty great for a holdout for the next release. Heck, more than plenty great. Again, thank you
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

CoJoe wrote: August 22nd, 2023, 3:00 am It works :) .. mostly

The Temp meter itself isn't showing range, but honestly this is plenty great for a holdout for the next release. Heck, more than plenty great. Again, thank you
Sure, glad you got it looking the way you want!

Looks like something is wrong with the [CalcGPUPercentTempMax] measure. You can check the About > Skins > GPU Meter window and see if it is returning a value. If not, then check that the [MeasureGPUThermalLimit] measure is returning a non-zero value.