It is currently April 28th, 2024, 12:50 am

Can you set a delay before MouseOverAction?

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Can you set a delay before MouseOverAction?

Post by balala »

Yincognito wrote: July 28th, 2023, 7:44 pm - X=-29, Y=-29, since negative positions are invalid in Rainmeter,
Sorry, they are not. Have to contradict you here. Negative values in positions are completely valid. It's another question that if those positions are set to negative values, the top left part of the meter is not visible and there is no way to get them visible, but in fact if this is alright, negative positions are allowed.
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

balala wrote: July 28th, 2023, 8:16 pm Sorry, they are not. Have to contradict you here. Negative values in positions are completely valid. It's another question that if those positions are set to negative values, the top left part of the meter is not visible and there is no way to get them visible, but in fact if this is alright, negative positions are allowed.
Indeed, they are valid, but they don't make sense most of the times, unless you're using some kind of container to mask stuff out in a marquee or you intentionally want to crop some of the left or top parts of a meter. Neither is the case here, albeit using them doesn't throw an error or something like that. :thumbup:
Profiles: Rainmeter ProfileDeviantArt ProfileSuites: MYiniMeterSkins: Earth
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

Right, negative X and Y values are quite common and perfectly valid with Containers...
MrZexx

Post by MrZexx »

Yincognito wrote: July 28th, 2023, 7:44 pm Sure thing.
Typos:
- DynamicVaribles=1, should be DynamicVariables=1
Files:
- C:\Users\D\acv420\ArsClip.exe -popup, not sure you have this, unless you're the same user as the OP from 2015
Positions:
- X=-29, Y=-29, since negative positions are invalid in Rainmeter, you might want to get rid of them to place the shape at 0,0 and just make Rectangle 7,7,36,36 | ...instead
- the Tip meter needs to be placed a bit lower, so its Y should be at least 36+7 aka 43 (unless, of course, the font has a huge blank space at the top to justify the Y=29 positioning)
- you'd probably want the shape and the image to have the same width and height in case the image doesn't have significant transparent margins, so the above could probably warrant corresponding adjustment

That's about it. Obviously, I don't have your image, so I can't tell for sure how it would look, but by looking at the code, these are the obvious inconsistencies.
Yup I was so focused on getting the delayed effect. So I left the positions for then and I was making sure to get the effect before continuing. And the MeterShape1 is the cover for the image as it's a transparent icon so to make it clickable fully, I just added the shape as an overlay over it. I tried many different was to get it before so it was fully messed up so to make it easy to understand for you pros 😉 I copied and added the above codes from blalala
MrZexx

Post by MrZexx »

I tried but it didn't work. So Would you please go through and find a solution for me. It will be Really Helpful.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

MrZexx wrote: July 29th, 2023, 3:09 am I tried but it didn't work. So Would you please go through and find a solution for me. It will be Really Helpful.
There are a few mistakes in your code:
  • Unlike in your originally posted code, this time the MouseOverAction option is missing from the [MeterShape1] meter. Add it: MouseOverAction=[!EnableMeasure "Timer"].
  • The [ReFresh] measure is not valid, being set to Meter=Plugin. Alter it to Measure=Plugin (the Plugin sections are measures, not meters, but I assume this has been just a typo).
  • The Hotkey option of the same [ReFresh] measure is set wrongly to Hotkey= CRTL R. If you take a look to the log after fixing the above error, you'll find out that CRLT is an invalid key. It has to be CTRL, so alter this as well: Hotkey=CTRL R.
  • This is not a mistake, but I definitely would add a [!DisableMeasure "Timer"] bang to the MouseLeaveAction option of the [MeterShape1] meter. This is meant to stopt the counting if you leave the meter before [Tip] meter being shown. So, the mentioned MouseLeaveAction option should look this way in my opinion: MouseLeaveAction=[!DisableMeasure "Timer"][!HideMeter Tip][!Redraw].
Hope these fix all problems. Do they?
MrZexx

Post by MrZexx »

Thank you a lot Guys. The problem is fixed now :great:. Hopefully I don't make more silly mistakes like this one. :lol:
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

jsmorley wrote: July 29th, 2023, 1:53 am Right, negative X and Y values are quite common and perfectly valid with Containers...
Hey, welcome back, jsmorley! Missed your presence around here - hope you're well and time is easier on you now. ;-)
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

MrZexx wrote: July 29th, 2023, 7:41 am Thank you a lot Guys. The problem is fixed now :great:. Hopefully I don't make more silly mistakes like this one. :lol:
No worries - a few mistakes here and there are normal at this stage. :D
MrZexx

Post by MrZexx »