It is currently May 4th, 2024, 6:57 pm

Rainmeter and Windows 10

Get help with installing and using Rainmeter.
Myrddin

Re: Rainmeter and Windows 10

Post by Myrddin »

Do I need to uninstall Rainmeter from Windows 7 before I upgrade to Windows 10?

I'm guessing that a lot of things need to be uninstalled before the actual upgrade happens but, it would be really nice to hear an "official word" on this since its time now and Microsoft is proceeding with the roll-out.

Thank you.!
~Myr
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

As far as I know, absolutely nothing should have to be uninstalled before you upgrade to Windows 10, certainly not Rainmeter.

I would indeed recommend upgrading to the most recent version of drivers for your hardware before you upgrade, although for the most part Windows 10 will handle a lot of it for you. Still, it might be better to be as "up to date" with drivers as you can in Win7 before you upgrade to Win10.

There may be some really "old" software you are using that might need an upgrade after the install, but there is no advantage in uninstalling them before you upgrade.

There is nothing you need to do with Rainmeter, unless you are going from 32bit to 64bit Windows.
Myrddin

Post by Myrddin »

Thanks JSMorley.!

Good food for thought.

I've definitely made sure all ms components, and others (3rd party) and drivers are all up-to-date so, after a good backup, I may let-r-rip and see how it fares.

Thanks again.!

~Myr