It is currently May 17th, 2024, 1:46 am

Rainmeter Top Processes

Share and get help with Plugins and Addons
DigitalDJ

Re: Rainmeter Top Processes

Post by DigitalDJ »

Mordasius wrote:I'm using UpdateDivider=5 to update the list every five seconds and as far as i know the UpdateDivider only affects how often the usage occurs not the amount of CPU usage.
Oh, I misread your post. That's very odd behavior if UpdateDivider is 5. UpdateDivider also determines how often the list sorts, and therefore lower UpdateDivider causes higher CPU usage. Out of interest, what CPU do you have? The plugin shouldnt cause such a jump in usage at that update divider.
Mordasius

Post by Mordasius »

DigitalDJ wrote:Out of interest, what CPU do you have? The plugin shouldnt cause such a jump in usage at that update divider.
I have an unclocked AMD Phenom II X4 B50 Processor running at 3.11 Ghz. Originally a Phenom II X2 550 Black Edition but unlocked to give me use of 3 out of 4 cores- can't be lucky enough to get a complete set of four functioning cores everytime.
:-(
CPU-Zid.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
DigitalDJ

Post by DigitalDJ »

I doubt this will fix your CPU usage problem, but you should now be able to disable the measures as you should. Not sure why everything was implemented under GetString, I must have been high and drunk, or something.

v2.2.0.0
http://digitaldj.net/rainmeter/TopProcesses_2.2.0.0.zip
Mordasius

Post by Mordasius »

DigitalDJ wrote:.. you should now be able to disable the measures as you should.
Yup.. that works. Many Thanks for the quick response. Whatever you've done to v2.2.0.0 of the plugin means that Disabled=1 , !EnableMeasure and !DisableMeasure all seem to be working as expected and reduce Rainmeter's CPU usage back down to next to nothing.

Your're right, v2.2.0.0 hasn't fixed the CPU usage issue, but that, IMHO, is not much of problem as long as you can turn the measures off when you don't need them.
Mordasius

Post by Mordasius »

Sorry to be plugging away on this topic, but while I much appreciate being able to disable measures using the plugin, I'd also like to have memory usage showing the 'private working set' rather than the 'working set' (as it was with TopProcesses_2.0.0.0 here)
DigitalDJ

Post by DigitalDJ »

http://digitaldj.net/rainmeter/TopProcesses_2.2.0.1.zip

Hopefully this works in XP, if someone could test that'd be good. Working Set - Private is only available in > NT 6.0 (Vista and older)
Mordasius

Post by Mordasius »

DigitalDJ wrote:Hopefully this works in XP, if someone could test that'd be good. Working Set - Private is only available in > NT 6.0 (Vista and older)
This is showing the Memory (Private Working Set) in Windows 7 64-bit. Disabled=1 , DisableMeasure and DisableMeasureGroup also work as expected.

Many thanks. :thumbup:
Matt

Post by Matt »

DigitalDJ wrote:http://digitaldj.net/rainmeter/TopProcesses_2.2.0.1.zip

Hopefully this works in XP, if someone could test that'd be good. Working Set - Private is only available in > NT 6.0 (Vista and older)
Though I'm still familiarizing myself with this plugin, TopProcesses v2.2.0.1 seems to be working fine on my 32-bit XP system.
Legati

Post by Legati »

Ive searched, but havnt been able to find an answer. I hope my question hasnt already been covered, if it has, im truly sorry.

Im running the latest version of 64 bit Rainmeter on a W7 machine with i7 64 bit. I have tried several different "Processes" skins using the Top Processes, Advanced CPU and Perf Mon .dll plugins. I cant seem to get any of the skins to actually display the processes running. They either display 0.00 or 0 or nothing, depending on how the .ini file was written. Im sure my problem is me, overlooking something or my other guess is that the .dll files do not work on a 64 bit machine. Can anyone offer up any ideas, besides to pull my hair out....ive already done that?

Thanks for any suggestions and again i do apologize if this has already been covered.
I'm all out of bubblegum.
DigitalDJ

Post by DigitalDJ »

Please post the skin you're using, try and cut it down only to the process measures.

If none of the PerfMon plugins are working chances are your PerfMon is broken. As discussed on page 10, repair perfmon by running

lodctr /r