It is currently May 12th, 2024, 1:28 pm

TranslucentRM

Share and get help with Plugins and Addons
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Re: TranslucentRM

Post by Yincognito »

balala wrote: April 27th, 2024, 8:32 pm Same question here as well. Couldn't get this skin to work on windows 11, to blur / get transparent taskbar. I used this feature on Windows 10 and loved it, but in meantime I switched to Windows 11 and would like to use it, but can't. Is there a fix, and update or something?
Thanks in advance.
I'm not using Win 11 or this, but apparently there isn't a fix (yet?) when it comes to this plugin:
https://github.com/ozone10/Rainmeter-TranslucentRM/issues/3

This kind of makes sense, given that Win 11 restricted other things regarding the taskbar as well, like its ability to be moved to other sides of the screen. Therefore, other techniques probably have to be implemented to enjoy the said feature... :???:
Profiles: Rainmeter ProfileDeviantArt ProfileSuites: MYiniMeterSkins: Earth
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Yincognito wrote: April 28th, 2024, 7:59 am I'm not using Win 11 or this, but apparently there isn't a fix (yet?) when it comes to this plugin:
https://github.com/ozone10/Rainmeter-TranslucentRM/issues/3
Thank you for the link, even if it's not quite what I was hoping for. I even tried out TranslucentTB before and it is perfectly working, however there is a great disadvantage: it is an app, not a rainmeter plugin, which has to be ran to get the result. I'd prefer much more the Rainmeter plugin, which was working on Windows 10.
Maybe sometime in the future we'll get an update of this great plugin.
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

balala wrote: April 28th, 2024, 4:41 pm Thank you for the link, even if it's not quite what I was hoping for. I even tried out TranslucentTB before and it is perfectly working, however there is a great disadvantage: it is an app, not a rainmeter plugin, which has to be ran to get the result. I'd prefer much more the Rainmeter plugin, which was working on Windows 10.
Maybe sometime in the future we'll get an update of this great plugin.
I completely understand and agree.
Profiles: Rainmeter ProfileDeviantArt ProfileSuites: MYiniMeterSkins: Earth
SkyyDX

Post by SkyyDX »

Thanks for this awesome plugin, the Acrylic features work far better than in the old Frosted Glass plugin for me! However I do struggle to use it for anything else than basic acrylic usage though my Rainmeter knowledge is very basic.

I made my own sidebar with blurred and not blurred elements, to achieve this I made the main sidebar skin mostly transparent and then just draw rectangles as additional skins and apply the Frosted Glass plugin or now the TranslucentRM plugin to these rectangles.

However if I don't specify a type but rather try to use "Mica=" no matter what value I use it just continues to use the "Type=" effect and if I don't have "Type=" specified the skin loses all blur related effects.

Also while borders (and dropshadows which is amazing!) do work, I can't seem to get rounded corners going nor define the color of the border. The skin always has sharp corners and gray/black borders. I'm using Windows 11 23H2 22631.3447 and Rainmeter 4.5.18. Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong?

Code: Select all

[Variables]
@Include=#@#FontBGStuff.inc

[System Background]
Meter=Shape
Shape=Rectangle 0,0,180,240,#Radius# | Fill Color #BackgroundColor# | StrokeWidth #BorderSize# | Stroke Color #BorderColor#
MouseOverAction=!ZPos "-2"

;[BlurBehind]
;Measure=Plugin
;Plugin=FrostedGlass
;UpdateDivider=-1
;;Default=1 Determines if the blur is enabled or not
;BlurEnabled=#BlurEnabled#
;Type=#BlurType#
;Border=#FrostedBorder#

[BlurBehind]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=TranslucentRM
Taskbar=0
Type=3
Corner=2
Color=88888811
Border=1
BorderColor=FFFFFF
Mica=2
This is just a basic test piece I added to my sidebar.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

SkyyDX wrote: May 10th, 2024, 9:19 pm Thanks for this awesome plugin, the Acrylic features work far better than in the old Frosted Glass plugin for me!
These two plugins do different things, you practically it's hard to compare them. FrostedGlass blurs the skin itself, while Translucent RM is meant to alter how the taskbar is looking.
SkyyDX

Post by SkyyDX »

balala wrote: Yesterday, 11:53 am These two plugins do different things, you practically it's hard to compare them. FrostedGlass blurs the skin itself, while Translucent RM is meant to alter how the taskbar is looking.
Fair enough but if you look at this post it seems to have a mode specifically for non-Taskbar usage as well: https://forum.rainmeter.net/viewtopic.php?t=33546&sid=af4cd34ce3b5886ca945be9361d80122#p204914

And besides that still wouldn't explain why the options don't work for me either way which is why I wonder if I simply do something wrong.

EDIT::: I found out what's wrong! I installed the plugin via the .rmskin package which contained an old version of the .dll, upon manually updating with the .dll from Github everything works great now, thanks for the amazing plugin!
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

SkyyDX wrote: Yesterday, 3:53 pm EDIT::: I found out what's wrong! I installed the plugin via the .rmskin package which contained an old version of the .dll, upon manually updating with the .dll from Github everything works great now, thanks for the amazing plugin!
Yep, right. oZone should update his first post here, to include the proper .rmskin, containing the new version of the plugin.

So, oZone if you are still here, do this please.