It is currently May 8th, 2024, 12:50 pm

Media Player Plugin

Share and get help with Plugins and Addons
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Media Player Plugin

Post by balala »

I just got updated the Media Player app on Windows 10, to version 11.2305.4.0. The plugin doesn't completely work anymore. I can use the Play, Pause, Next or Previous buttons properly, they are doing their jobs, including the properly shown image of the Play / Pause button. The progress is also working, but the title, the artist and the cover are not returned.
The plugin does properly work when playing for instance a YouTube video from browser (just to be precise, I'm using Edge), I have the problem only with the new Media Player app.
Is there a solution of this?
Thanks anyone who can and want to help.
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

balala wrote: August 30th, 2023, 6:40 pm I just got updated the Media Player app on Windows 10, to version 11.2305.4.0. The plugin doesn't completely work anymore. I can use the Play, Pause, Next or Previous buttons properly, they are doing their jobs, including the properly shown image of the Play / Pause button. The progress is also working, but the title, the artist and the cover are not returned.
The plugin does properly work when playing for instance a YouTube video from browser (just to be precise, I'm using Edge), I have the problem only with the new Media Player app.
Probably not going to be able to help, because me and another user had similar problems with WMP and NowPlaying:
https://forum.rainmeter.net/viewtopic.php?t=42770

It's not about this plug-in, but maybe the problems are related, since the effects are similar. Considering that the common thing is WMP, it's possible that the plug-ins themselves are not to blame... :confused:
Profiles: Rainmeter ProfileDeviantArt ProfileSuites: MYiniMeterSkins: Earth
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Yincognito wrote: August 30th, 2023, 9:20 pm Probably not going to be able to help, because me and another user had similar problems with WMP and NowPlaying:
I have no problems with the NowPlaying measure, when using WMP. Both the title and the artist are returned correctly:
WMP.png
As described, the problem arises only when trying to use the MediaPlayer plugin, with the new version of Media Player app. And it did work previously, (while the app has been called Music Groove). A recently installed Windows update did update the app as well I assume and this led the plugin not to entirely work. WebNowPlaying plugin does the same: doesn't return the autor, nor the title. This is why I believe this is somethin related to the app, not to plugins
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

balala wrote: August 31st, 2023, 5:53 pm I have no problems with the NowPlaying measure, when using WMP. Both the title and the artist are returned correctly:
WMP.png
As described, the problem arises only when trying to use the MediaPlayer plugin, with the new version of Media Player app. And it did work previously, (while the app has been called Music Groove). A recently installed Windows update did update the app as well I assume and this led the plugin not to entirely work. WebNowPlaying plugin does the same: doesn't return the autor, nor the title. This is why I believe this is somethin related to the app, not to plugins
Ah, I see. I'll let the plugin developers answer this then. In the meantime, since Music Groove is discontinued:
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Groove_Music
I'm not sure you'll be able to find a separate version of it that would still work on your system (careful with fake downloads on that, by the way)...
i2002

Post by i2002 »

balala wrote: August 30th, 2023, 6:40 pm I just got updated the Media Player app on Windows 10, to version 11.2305.4.0. The plugin doesn't completely work anymore. I can use the Play, Pause, Next or Previous buttons properly, they are doing their jobs, including the properly shown image of the Play / Pause button. The progress is also working, but the title, the artist and the cover are not returned.
Hi,
I'm gonna investigate this tomorrow to see if I find the issue. However, I expect the problem to be on the Media Player app's part because the Rainmeter plugin only reads and shows the data sent though the Windows API.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Yincognito wrote: September 1st, 2023, 8:14 am I'm not sure you'll be able to find a separate version of it that would still work on your system
I don't even want. If Music Groove died, I'm fine with this. I don't necessary want to use Groove. I more or less would be fine with Music Player, if there were no issues which I just found (see my reply to i2002, I just post below).
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

i2002 wrote: September 1st, 2023, 11:04 am I'm gonna investigate this tomorrow to see if I find the issue. However, I expect the problem to be on the Media Player app's part because the Rainmeter plugin only reads and shows the data sent though the Windows API.
I just realized there is not too much to investigate, I think. At least this is what I believe, because:
WMP.png
This is the panel shown by Windows when I start playing or pausing Media Player (hope I named it correctly, sorry if I misnamed it). So I assume this is why the plugin can't return info either.
Another Microsoft crap? As usually?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

balala wrote: September 1st, 2023, 5:49 pm I don't even want. If Music Groove died, I'm fine with this. I don't necessary want to use Groove. I more or less would be fine with Music Player, if there were no issues which I just found (see my reply to i2002, I just post below).
Well, this why I never update anything automatically on my system bar malware signatures, I always do clean installs where I know what to expect and I agree with it, and when I do rarely update I only do it manually and for functionality reasons (Rainmeter might be the only one deserving that honor on my machine)...

Not pleasant to have something pushed down your throat that breaks something working just fine before, I know.
i2002

Post by i2002 »

balala wrote: September 1st, 2023, 5:59 pm Another Microsoft crap? As usually?
Looks like it.
Curious to see how long it takes them to fix this.
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

i2002 wrote: September 1st, 2023, 9:00 pm Looks like it.
Curious to see how long it takes them to fix this.
Windows AI (not done by them) maybe? :lol:
But then AI would inherit the flaws of the programmers that built it, so maybe not... :Whistle