It is currently May 31st, 2024, 3:49 am

Media Player Plugin

Share and get help with Plugins and Addons
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Media Player Plugin

Post by Yincognito »

i2002 wrote: August 12th, 2023, 12:33 pmI have published a new release on the repo with the fix.
Good job - thanks for the quick fix! :thumbup:
A confirmation from either sl23 or balala using the "bad code" earlier (if they still have it) would be nice to see as well. ;-)
Profiles: Rainmeter ProfileDeviantArt ProfileSuites: MYiniMeterSkins: Earth
sl23

Post by sl23 »

I'm still trying to figure out what I need to change first lol
But, of course, I'll let you know when I have the time to adjust it all. Probably be later today or monday :thumbup:
- MuLab -
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

i2002 wrote: August 12th, 2023, 12:33 pm I have published a new release on the repo with the fix.
What repo is? Where the new release can be downloaded?
Yincognito wrote: August 12th, 2023, 1:32 pm A confirmation from either sl23 or balala using the "bad code" earlier (if they still have it) would be nice to see as well. ;-)
I have it, however can't confirm, because don't know where to get the new version of the plugin.
sl23

Post by sl23 »

The link is on the first page. It takes you to github where the link is. :)

Just adjusting the code now, may take a while though as there's a lot of stuff in this skin!
- MuLab -
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

sl23 wrote: August 12th, 2023, 7:27 pm The link is on the first page. It takes you to github where the link is. :)
No, it's not. In fact it is indeed, however the new package contains the same plugin. Nothing changed in the plugin. Am I missing something?
sl23

Post by sl23 »

It's version 1.2 released today, 6 hours ago as stated in the attached pic, on the right.
Are you saying this download is still v1.1?
Image 001.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
- MuLab -
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

balala wrote: August 12th, 2023, 7:32 pm No, it's not. In fact it is indeed, however the new package contains the same plugin. Nothing changed in the plugin. Am I missing something?
It's the same plugin, of course, but the plugin was updated 7 hours ago, see here. The previous version (the one with the bug) was 1.1, the current version is 1.2 (the one that was fixed). In case you need reassurance, I've already compared files byte wise, and the .dlls are, as expected, different, from the 1.1 version to the 1.2 version. ;-)
sl23

Post by sl23 »

Thanks Yincognito! :thumbup: Apologies for my poor explanations! My 5 year battle with insomnia is getting the better of me! :yawn:
- MuLab -
sl23

Post by sl23 »

Anyhoo... I have just adapted my skin to work with the MediaPlayer plugin, which now doesn't crash Rainmeter, but still isn't showing cover, track info such as title or artist, as well as no progress info such as times or bar. So basically, I'm getting the basic control as is done with the NowPlaying Measure. Play, Stop, Next, Previous, that's about it.

Have I missed something?

EDIT: I'm assuming that Windows API doesn't receive any info from foobar regarding track progress? Cos the original skin doesn't show these either, but it does show the cover.
- MuLab -
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

sl23 wrote: August 12th, 2023, 7:47 pm Thanks Yincognito! :thumbup: Apologies for my poor explanations! My 5 year battle with insomnia is getting the better of me! :yawn:
No, no, your explanation was just fine, you posted a screenshot too. I only gave a few other details on the matter, that's all...