It is currently May 9th, 2024, 1:15 am

PluginWebView - Make skin using web technology

Share and get help with Plugins and Addons
Kotofanchik

Re: PluginWebView - Make skin using web technology

Post by Kotofanchik »

It worked again. Apparently the site itself was reloaded. At the same time, information appeared in the version that the data file adds and in the new version with js. A full page with data appeared. I'm afraid to update.
Will it update itself? After what time? I wonder what the site sees, who requests information from it? WebWiev or someone else? Cloudflare was not noticed there now by me.
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

Kotofanchik wrote: April 3rd, 2024, 6:00 pm It worked again. Apparently the site itself was reloaded. At the same time, information appeared in the version that the data file adds and in the new version with js. A full page with data appeared. I'm afraid to update.
Will it update itself? After what time? I wonder what the site sees, who requests information from it? WebWiev or someone else? Cloudflare was not noticed there now by me.
I have no idea - maybe Cloudflare needs some time to provide the content of the actual site? Hard to tell while speaking only in a general fashion. See here for a similar problem - though no definitive answer was given.

I think the "author" of the request as seen by the site is either MS WebView, or WebView plugin for Rainmeter.
Profiles: Rainmeter ProfileDeviantArt ProfileSuites: MYiniMeterSkins: Earth
Kotofanchik

Post by Kotofanchik »

I waited 25 minutes, the file did not update on its own, and I don’t know what update period is defined in the skin, is this normal? I clicked to update the skin... and the file was added, its size doubled. Almost twice. It looks like the very beginning of the information is missing. And then there was a repeat.
Yes, the js version also adds a new part to the old one. the added one has no top part. source file 145 kilobytes, then 273, then 401
Kotofanchik

Post by Kotofanchik »

Looks like I'm done too. Everything is too unclear. I'll try to wait until cloudflare appears on the site again and check what happens with it. But I don’t know how long to wait. Now, apparently, she is gone.
:oops:
Kotofanchik

Post by Kotofanchik »

I sent the skin to a site that detects browser data and it says unknown browser. And the Data file does not grow by the way. Added useragent to webparser. still unknown browser. I think this was the answer to the data provided by api.allorigins.win. And yesterday I ran into clodflare once and they replied that they saw the old browser and did not show the page. It looks like the original method is not suitable for bypassing cloudflare. she won't see webview2
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

Kotofanchik wrote: April 3rd, 2024, 6:25 pm I waited 25 minutes, the file did not update on its own, and I don’t know what update period is defined in the skin, is this normal?
No, it's not normal - I thought setting the UpdateDivider to 600 from [Page] would have repeated the process every 10 minutes, but apparently it doesn't. Edited my previous reply to add looping from Javascript and logging overall, so you can see what's going on. The file size doesn't grow for me. Didn't try other sites than google.com, but shouldn't matter in this case.

In the edit, the timeout in Javascript is set to 600000 ms = 600 s = 10 minutes. Here is the skin after I set it to 60000 ms = 60 s = 1 minute, strictly for testing purposes (I recommend setting it back to a larger value for regular use):
WebView2WebParser Loop.jpg
Kotofanchik wrote: April 3rd, 2024, 6:56 pm I sent the skin to a site that detects browser data and it says unknown browser. And the Data file does not grow by the way. Added useragent to webparser. still unknown browser. I think this was the answer to the data provided by api.allorigins.win. And yesterday I ran into clodflare once and they replied that they saw the old browser and did not show the page. It looks like the original method is not suitable for bypassing cloudflare. she won't see webview2
The WebParser measure in the skin has no role in performing the request and retrieving the response, it only reads the local file written by the Javascript, so adding an UserAgent option to it won't do anything. The user agent, if desired, should be added as request headers to the options parameter used by the fetch() function in the Javascript code. Even so, I'm not sure those headers get to the actual site, since the whole process is brokered by the allOrigins API in order to be able to retrieve the response in a local webpage.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Kotofanchik

Post by Kotofanchik »

The launch of the skin went fine, but when I tried to manually update it was interesting.
content received twice. and then every time like this. It looks like there is something on the site that leads to this behavior.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

Kotofanchik wrote: April 3rd, 2024, 8:28 pm The launch of the skin went fine, but when I tried to manually update it was interesting.
content received twice. and then every time like this. It looks like there is something on the site that leads to this behavior.
Yes, the Rainmeter part of the log is indeed printing the message twice at skin refresh time, because as I mentioned before:
Yincognito wrote: April 3rd, 2024, 4:50 pmNote: Because the Data measure is not initially disabled, the skin will briefly show the "latest" contents of Data.txt at refresh time, before replacing it with the currently retrieved response contents.
So, in effect, the [Data] measure will read the file twice at skin refresh / load time: once with the earlier contents, once with the just retrieved one - a consequence of not starting with the measure disabled, as you proposed. Not to worry though, this only happens a single time, when you load or refresh the skin, the subsequent retrievals have no redundancy. By the way, you can see this in my screenshot as well, especially if you compare the Rainmeter log messages (which happen just after reading the file) with the Developer Tools ones (which happen right before the file is written to).
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

Kotofanchik wrote: April 3rd, 2024, 8:28 pmbut when I tried to manually update it was interesting
By the way, added "proper" manual / on demand updating to the code - see the edited code.
Kotofanchik

Post by Kotofanchik »

new data from the weather site is still appended to the end of the file. And the file is quite different in appearance from the one saved by the browser. Although the volume is close. It looks like js does not save such data.