It is currently May 3rd, 2024, 8:22 pm

Using Text= with [MeterUserName]

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
Alexletiti

Re: Using Text= with [MeterUserName]

Post by Alexletiti »

eclectic-tech wrote: April 19th, 2024, 10:18 pm Thanks!

As for the network info, it will be different for each system (and different from the illustro skins due to different maxupload/maxdownload speed variables).

You will need to edit the network skin to show different connections and speeds based on your system and network.

You can read more about the settings here:
Network Measure and
SystemInfo Measure ~ Network

The 2 skins were on the same PC with different speeds.

I can't put a different color in the same skin (as in the attached photo)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

Alexletiti wrote: April 20th, 2024, 12:42 pm The 2 skins were on the same PC with different speeds.

I can't put a different color in the same skin (as in the attached photo)
The 2 skins use different maximum speeds in the [Variables] section; that is why they show different values.
You need to edit those maximum values to get accurate results based on your upload and download maximum speeds provided by your ISP.

The color settings for text affect all test by default using "styles". It is possible to set the overall text color by editing user variables and setting the "lightcolor" and "darkcolor" variables to your color. This will change ALL text colors to that color.

To change individual portions of the skins will require editing each skin and adding FontColor={RRR,GGG,BBB} color code to the corresponding meter section; this will override the "Style" values for that section.

For example, this will override the "styleLeftText" setting for font color and set the color of the UserName to "gold" while the header will remain the current style color:

Code: Select all

[MeterUserName1]
Meter=String
MeterStyle=styleLeftText
MeasureName=MeasureUserName
X=10
Y=10r
W=190
FontColor=220,220,80
StringCase=UPPER
Text=%1
EDIT: The background colors are using the Chameleon plugin colors that you can select from the settings skin. To NOT use Chameleon color backgrounds, manually edit the user variables file and changing "fillcolor" and "headercolor" values.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Not to nitpick, especially that eclectic-tech offered a solution I guess, however I'm not sure what you did mean by:
Alexletiti wrote: April 20th, 2024, 12:42 pm The 2 skins were on the same PC with different speeds.
To be much more specific, what do you mean by "different speeds"?
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

balala wrote: April 20th, 2024, 2:29 pm Not to nitpick, especially that eclectic-tech offered a solution I guess, however I'm not sure what you did mean by:

To be much more specific, what do you mean by "different speeds"?
You have a point and I may have been hasty in my reply...
What I am referring to is the [Variables] section; it sets values for maxDownload and maxUpload which are used by the Net measures.

Here is a portion of the illustro network skin code:

[Variables]
; Variables declared here can be used later on between two # characters (e.g. #MyVariable#).
fontName=Trebuchet MS
textSize=8
colorBar=235,170,0,255
colorText=255,255,255,205
maxDownload=10485760
MaxUpload=10485760
; Set maxDownload and maxUpload to your maximum download and upload speed in bits.
; To convert kilobits, megabits, kilobytes, and megabytes into bits, go to www.google.com
; and search for something like "10 megabytes in bits".

; ----------------------------------
; MEASURES return some kind of value
; ----------------------------------

[measureIP]
; This measure returns your IPv4 address. WebParser measures are relatively complicated. If you're a beginner with
; Rainmeter, take a look at some of the other illustro skins before modifying this one.
; For more information, go here: https://docs.rainmeter.net/tips/ipaddress
Measure=WebParser
URL=https://checkip.amazonaws.com/
UpdateRate=14400
RegExp=(?s)^(.*)$
StringIndex=1
Substitute="":"N/A"
; Substitute works as follows: "A":"B" where A is a string to substitute and B is a string
; to substitute with. In this case, it substutes "" (i.e. empty) to N/A

[measureNetIn]
Measure=NetIn
NetInSpeed=#maxDownload#
; NetInSpeed must be set so your maximun download speed for the download bar to scale correctly

[measureNetOut]
Measure=NetOut
NetOutSpeed=#maxUpload#

illustro uses the deprecated Net keywork values while most new skins use MaxValue; they do yield the same values.

This would affect percentage displays but should not affect the speeds.

I think what the OP is seeing as "different speeds" is the result that the skins report similar values, at one second intervals, and each show slightly different speeds depending on when the measure is updated.

AND my skin averages the results over the last 5 updates.
Alexletiti

Post by Alexletiti »

eclectic-tech wrote: April 20th, 2024, 1:29 pm
The color settings for text affect all test by default using "styles". It is possible to set the overall text color by editing user variables and setting the "lightcolor" and "darkcolor" variables to your color. This will change ALL text colors to that color.

To change individual portions of the skins will require editing each skin and adding FontColor={RRR,GGG,BBB} color code to the corresponding meter section; this will override the "Style" values for that section.

For example, this will override the "styleLeftText" setting for font color and set the color of the UserName to "gold" while the header will remain the current style color:

[MeterUserName1]
Meter=String
MeterStyle=styleLeftText
MeasureName=MeasureUserName
X=10
Y=10r
W=190
FontColor=220,220,80
StringCase=UPPER
Text=%1
I'm sorry to bother you but the color doesn't change.
The only way I found to change the color is in the variables.inc file, to change lightColor
But it changes the color of the StyleTitle and StyleLeftText
I can't get a color for the Title and a color for the line below.

For the values displayed for the network I was speaking at the same time, the values are different. But you explained why it was normal.

THANKS.
Last edited by balala on April 20th, 2024, 5:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Don't remove tags from code, when you click Quote to post a reply
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

Alexletiti wrote: April 20th, 2024, 5:27 pmThe only way I found to change the color is in the variables.inc file, to change lightColor
As far as I know, there is no Variables.inc file in the standard / unaltered Illustro suite that this thread seems to refer to. So I suspect you're using a modified version. Most likely, you should pack the skin and post it here in order for folks to have a clearer picture of what happens. Other than that, the approach mentioned by eclectic-tech should work - unless there's some other bang in some other place in the skin that's overriding it.
Profiles: Rainmeter ProfileDeviantArt ProfileSuites: MYiniMeterSkins: Earth
Alexletiti

Post by Alexletiti »

Yincognito wrote: April 20th, 2024, 7:52 pm As far as I know, there is no Variables.inc file in the standard / unaltered Illustro suite that this thread seems to refer to. So I suspect you're using a modified version. Most likely, you should pack the skin and post it here in order for folks to have a clearer picture of what happens. Other than that, the approach mentioned by eclectic-tech should work - unless there's some other bang in some other place in the skin that's overriding it.
I use the Illustra version
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

Alexletiti wrote: April 20th, 2024, 10:37 pm I use the Illustra version
Oh, I see, that explains it. Not familiar with that variation though. :)
Profiles: Rainmeter ProfileDeviantArt ProfileSuites: MYiniMeterSkins: Earth
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

Alexletiti wrote: April 20th, 2024, 5:27 pm I'm sorry to bother you but the color doesn't change.
The only way I found to change the color is in the variables.inc file, to change lightColor
But it changes the color of the StyleTitle and StyleLeftText
I can't get a color for the Title and a color for the line below.

For the values displayed for the network I was speaking at the same time, the values are different. But you explained why it was normal.

THANKS.
I gave you inaccurate information regarding FontColor (I forgot I added InlineSettings to control styles, ny bad :oops: )
As you noticed, you can change the text color by editing the "lightcolor" or "darkcolor" variables.
To have a different color for the header, you need to edit the [styleTitle] section and change InlinSetting4=Color | #textcolor# to the color you want for the title. Below it is changed to 255,255,255 (white).

; STYLES are used to "centralize" options

[styleTitle]
StringAlign=CENTER
InlineSetting=Face | #fontName#
InlineSetting2=Size | 10
InlineSetting3=Weight | 900
InlineSetting4=Color | 255,255,255
InlineSetting5=Case | UPPER
StringEffect=#sEffect#
FontEffectColor=0,0,0,50
AntiAlias=1
ClipString=2
ClipStringW=180
DynamicVariables=1
; Scale Center 
TransformationMatrix=#Scale#;0;0;#Scale#;((1-#Scale#)*([#CURRENTSECTION#:X]+[#CURRENTSECTION#:W]/2));((1-#Scale#)*([#CURRENTSECTION#:Y]))
ToolTipWidth=(150*#Scale#)

Your text color (actually all text except the Title) is controlled by the value of the "lightcolor" or "darkcolor" variables, while your header text uses the [styleTitle] Inlinesetting as the text color.

Sorry for any confusion.
Alexletiti

Post by Alexletiti »

Oh great, thank you.
I have everything I wanted.
Thanks for the time spent.