It is currently April 27th, 2024, 8:48 pm

rainmeter fps cpu gpu

General topics related to Rainmeter.
mahsun

rainmeter fps cpu gpu

Post by mahsun »

say hi to everyone i want something but i have no idea how to do it.. can anyone help me with this?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Re: rainmeter fps cpu gpu

Post by Yincognito »

We don't do skin requests, if that's what you're looking for, but if you want to make a skin that looks like that, we can help YOU make it. Generally, you'll need to have either HWiNFO or MSI Afterburner installed and running (possibly a Rainmeter plugin for one of them too) to provide the above data, while the rest is just some String meters and either some Image ones or some Shape / Roundline ones. You can start by making a simple skin with a measure using either HWiNFO or MSI AB to get, say, the GPU Core Clock, and a String meter that displays the result.
Profiles: Rainmeter ProfileDeviantArt ProfileSuites: MYiniMeterSkins: Earth
mahsun

Post by mahsun »

I understand, I tried to do what you said, thank you for your answer, but I was not satisfied with the result I wanted. Because I don't understand any of these things. I wanted to try my luck in case there are paid or free friends who can do this to me ready-made..
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

mahsun wrote: July 19th, 2023, 10:53 pm I understand, I tried to do what you said, thank you for your answer, but I was not satisfied with the result I wanted. Because I don't understand any of these things. I wanted to try my luck in case there are paid or free friends who can do this to me ready-made..
Yeah, this is not that kind of forum. We're always willing to help though, because we all started without understanding any of these things until we tried to, so here's a starting point:
MSI AB_1.0.0.rmskin
and this is the code:

Code: Select all

[Variables]

[Rainmeter]
Update=1000
AccurateText=1
DynamicWindowSize=1
BackgroundMode=2
SolidColor=64,32,0,128

---Measures---

[MeasureGPU0DisplayName]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=MSIAfterburner.dll
GPU=0
GPUDescriptor=DisplayName

[MeasureGPU0CoreClock]
Measure=Plugin
GPU=0
SourceId=32

[MeasureGPU0VRAM]
Measure=Plugin
GPU=0
SourceId=49

[MeasureFramerate]
Measure=Plugin
DataSource=Framerate

---Styles---

[Texts]
FontColor=255,255,255,255
FontFace=MS Reference Sans Serif
FontSize=16
FontWeight=700
Padding=5,5,5,5
AntiAlias=1

---Meters---

[MeterGPU0CoreClockLabel]
Meter=String
MeterStyle=Texts
StringAlign=Right
X=200
Y=0
Text=CORE CLOCK

[MeterGPU0CoreClockValue]
Meter=String
MeterStyle=Texts
StringAlign=Left
X=225
Y=0r
MeasureName=MeasureGPU0CoreClock
Text=%1 MHZ

[MeterGPU0VRAMLabel]
Meter=String
MeterStyle=Texts
StringAlign=Right
X=200
Y=0R
Text=GPU VRAM

[MeterGPU0VRAMValue]
Meter=String
MeterStyle=Texts
StringAlign=Left
X=225
Y=0r
MeasureName=MeasureGPU0VRAM
Text=%1 MB
As mentioned before, you need to have Rainmeter and MSI Afterburner installed and running. You download the file, double click to install it (which will install the MSI AB plugin for Rainmeter as well, see here), then the skin will load. You right click on it and choose Edit Skin and you can modify it. Once you're done with modifying it, you save it, then right click the skin and choose Refresh Skin to reload it with your changes.

The skin is basically an .ini file that you can edit in Notepad, whose contents is mostly made of measures (stuff that get data) and meters (stuff that display data). Both are called sections, because they start with [SomeSectionHere], contain options that look like SomeOptionHere= and each option has a value, i.e. what follows the = sign on that line (each option takes just one line, no matter how long it is). Meters can reference measures in order to display the data the measures provide, via the MeasureName, MeasureName2, ... options and via %1, %2, .... in the Text option.

So now you can copy paste to duplicate one of the measures - say, [MeasureGPU0VRAM], change the duplicate's name to, say, [MeasureGPU0Temp] and use SourceId=0 to get the GPU temperature (a list of possible SourceId values exists in the ...\MSI AB\@Resources\MSI AB - Source ID Reference.txt file, except that you need to convert those hexadecimal values to decimal ones, which you can easily do online or using a calculator), because the hexadecimal value listed in that file is 0x00000000 which translates to 0 decimal.

After creating your first measure in this code, you can similarly duplicate the two VRAM meters (the label and the value) to a pair of a label and a value meter for the Temp, by changing the duplicated section names to, say, [MeterGPU0TempLabel] and [MeterGPU0TempValue]. You modify the Text option in the duplicates accordingly (e.g. Text=GPU TEMP in the label meter, and Text=%1 °C in the value meter), then reference the duplicated measure above in the MeasureName option of the value meter, like MeasureName=MeasureGPU0Temp.

Save the .ini file, right click the skin, choose Refresh Skin, and you should have another line with the GPU temperature in your skin. Repeat the process for as many (or all, if you can) fields from the images you posted (in some cases, you must use DataSource=... in the measure instead of the GPU=... and SourceId=... combo), then come back here to find out how to do the rest. ;-)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
HUNTwerker

Post by HUNTwerker »

Yincognito wrote: July 20th, 2023, 12:53 am Yeah, this is not that kind of forum. We're always willing to help though, because we all started without understanding any of these things until we tried to, so here's a starting point:
MSI AB_1.0.0.rmskin

Hello,

Is there a way to display the frames without MSI Afterburner? ;-)

Regards
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

HUNTwerker wrote: March 6th, 2024, 8:31 pm Is there a way to display the frames without MSI Afterburner? ;-)
Yes, you can use HWiNFO instead. If you are asking if there is a way without using a third-party plug-in, the answer is No.
Gadgets Wiki GitHub More Gadgets...
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

HUNTwerker wrote: March 6th, 2024, 8:31 pm Hello,

Is there a way to display the frames without MSI Afterburner? ;-)

Regards
Like SilverAzide mentioned, HWINFO64 and MSI AB are the most comprehensive tools to get such data (and other "low level" ones as well).The former is generally compatible with more devices (MSI AB might provide data for fewer hardware than HWINFO64), the latter is more system independent in terms of syntax (e.g. the IDs / indexes / registry keys one uses in HWINFO64 to get data are almost always different from how another user sets them on his system, while the MSI AB plugin references hardware in a much more generic fashion, that will work on any system, assuming it's supported).

For the record, to have the FPS yield non zero values, you'd normally need to have some D3D program run (e.g. a windowed game, some video processing or capturing software, a browser running some graphical or 3D stuff, etc). The FPS is rarely (if any) different than 0 if you just stare at the Windows desktop with nothing actually using your GPU in a more intensive way.
HUNTwerker

Post by HUNTwerker »

RicardoTM

Post by RicardoTM »

SilverAzide wrote: March 6th, 2024, 10:02 pm Yes, you can use HWiNFO instead. If you are asking if there is a way without using a third-party plug-in, the answer is No.

HWiNFO shows fps? I've never seen that option
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

RicardoTM wrote: March 7th, 2024, 4:05 pm HWiNFO shows fps? I've never seen that option
Yep. It was added a while ago, back in v7.64.

Screenshot 2024-03-07 172327.png
Gadgets Wiki GitHub More Gadgets...